Author Topic: Capped price servicing eligibility  (Read 3748 times)

Online rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
Capped price servicing eligibility
« on: October 23, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
Perhaps someone from Mitsubishi could explain how eligibility for capped price servicing works as I got a couple of different stories today!
Just rang Toowong Mitsubish to get a price on a 12month service for the Triton (1st registered November 2017) but was told it doesn’t qualify, that it is something that needs to be part of the original sales contract, wasn’t applicable to used vehicles and because the Ute wasn’t bought from them in the first place they quoted  $150 over the capped price.
So I rang the dealer who did originally sell it and who I bought it off (a bit further from home and work) and they said no worries, pretty sure it qualifies for capped price servicing but in any case, we serviced it before you bought it and so doesn’t need servicing before April 2019 or 30,000km.
Suffice to say I won’t be going to Toowong Mitsubishi next April.

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Capped price servicing eligibility
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 06:45:52 AM »
Surely there's an oil change before 30,000??

Their website says this https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/customer-assistance/capped-priced-servicing

New vehicles sold from 1 January 2017 are eligible under the program. Government and rental vehicle customers are not eligible and additional exclusions may apply. Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited (MMAL) may add or remove vehicles from the program, or vary terms of the program, from time to time without notice. Ask your dealer for full details.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 06:48:34 AM by DrewXT »
2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Online rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »
It had the full 15k service done at 6 months.

Online rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 10:03:50 AM »
The saga continues... rang the dealer I bought the car from today and they are quoting over $1000 for what should be a $299 capped price service!
Can get same service at another dealer for approx $450  (wouldn’t give an exact price) and at Ultratune for $522.
Have given the original dealer the opportunity to come to the party before taking it further with Mitsubishi or Fair Trading.
What pis$es me off the most is that I wasn’t told at the time that the capped price servicing didn’t apply and aside from government and rental cars (which it wasn’t) the Mitsubishi site doesn’t mention any other specific exclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 08:19:37 PM »
Go find a good independent workshop - give them your money - and get a good rapport going with them for the next few years... you'd be surprised how good it can be.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Online rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »
Go find a good independent workshop - give them your money - and get a good rapport going with them for the next few years... you'd be surprised how good it can be.
You are probably right. Though I made enough noise this time to get the capped price rate.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »
My Pajero is only serviced by an independent mechanic. Has been from brand new...even though I had capped servicing.  He is a mate and a top notch diesel mechanic. I don't trust dealerships to do the right thing by their customers. As has been stated...find an independent mechanic and build up a good relationship.