Author Topic: 1960 XK Falcon sedan. $CALL FOR PRICE. (LOTS OF PICS)  (Read 456 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
1960 XK Falcon sedan. $CALL FOR PRICE. (LOTS OF PICS)
« on: August 06, 2018, 05:08:49 AM »
I'll post some pics over the coming days, but I have waaaaay too much info to post it all up on here, so feel free to call me on this one for more details and price.

This car has spent a lot of time in western Qld and as such, has the best floor pans etc I have ever seen on 58 year old car.
Apart from an electric fuel pump and later electric wipers, mechanically, its a dead stock, 144 cube 6 and 3 speed manual.
Its a genuine 84,000 mile car that has a fairly extensive history available to confirm that.
Its also one of the early builds as well, Body # 7069 out of 68,413 built.

This car was handed over to the new owner on the 6th of Dec. 1960 (Sold new by Tarrants of Maryborough)
Original radio still works well, the car has wheel spats, white wall tyres, rear venetians.....hmmmm, that's about it for options in 1960. 8)

Kev 0411 545 025
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:54:10 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 1960 XK Falcon sedan. $CALL FOR PRICE
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:14:35 AM »
I ordered the new clutch yesterday, and spent the rest of the day "checking stuff"
All four sets of brakes de-dusted and adjusted. the brakes are in really good condition. Checked and adjusted the front wheel bearings.

Somebody has spent a lot of money on this car to keep it in tip top condition.

Interesting, for a car of this age, its never had a towbar fitted.
It has had a interior re-trim during its 58 years, and its pretty good too.
This car has extremely good floors. the under side of this car would be the best I've ever seen on 58 Aussie Falcon or Holden.
At 58 years old, most cars are just lucky to have any floors left at all.

Its had all 4 springs reset at some point and it sits a tad high, (Standard height) the rear spring packs are 6 leaf jobbies and I seem to remember, at one point, you could order a "country pack" option on these XK's.
Whist I can't for sure that is correct, these old Falcons use to bash the sumps and cross members on the ground something fierce.
The sump and cross member on ol Freddy Falcon are friggin mint. Who knows, maybe it got the fairly rare "country pack". (We'll never know)

Some pics..... more to follow.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:53:36 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:40:08 AM »
OK, i've got better photos now to show the ol girl off in a better light.
The XK was the only model to get the tapered C pillar at the back too.  8)
It'll look a tad sharper soon too, as i'm spraying the rear venetians later today and I'll pop 'em in tomorrow.

Another quirky fact about this Falcon over the past 58 years, is its never had seatbelts, a tow bar, shows no signs of ever being in an accident or even an external mirror being screwed to the door itself.  ???
At least, whoever did fit the mirror, used a peep mirror, so no holes drilled in it.

As I said earlier, I have the gearbox out and the new clutch "should" be here late today.
I'm keen to get it back on the ground again.

A RWC is booked for early next week, so simply purchase, go and pay some rego and enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:54:47 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 05:43:59 AM »
The floors are as good as it gets for 1960 Falcon.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:55:11 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 05:46:17 AM »
And, a few more.

Lots of "patina" as everyone calls it these days. Lots of little surface rust spots here and there, the odd bit of flakey paint.
But hells bells, its a solid old thing though.
The bolts sitting on the battery are for the starter motor.

Its tempting to keep this one, as I like it... a lot. But no, it has to go to new home.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:55:38 AM by Jeepers Creepers »