Author Topic: Views on CGear Multimat  (Read 20443 times)

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Views on CGear Multimat
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
Hi,

That was the reason I also went for CGear Multimat for my Cub Escape Annex, I have now put around 25 grommets in the mat to line up with the Cub Annex peg holes.

Hi Ray,
This sounds like a great idea. How do I go about putting the grommets into my CGear.?
What type of grommet do you use?
 :cheers:
Glenn

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline Yoda42

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Beagle kisses don't grow hair
    • Travels With Beagles Blog
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
We got one a few weeks back and found that the dimensions were slightly smaller than what it should have been, we sent it back (at great cost) to the supplier and have a new one the right size. For the weekend we used it, compared to the rubberised mat we've had for ages, we've given it a big thumbs up.

The biggest problem we've found with the rubberised mat is that it's got a high static charge, so dirt and dust seems to cling to it, whereas the C Gear doesn't have that. It also stayed wet for longer and encouraged condensation underneath; the C-Gear doesn't.

C-Gear all the way 8)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2 beagles & an Lifestyle Reconn
http://travelswithbeagles.blogspot.com

Offline rodw

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
I had Cgear for my Oz tent and it was great so now have bought a bigger piece for my camper... Exxxpensive, but very good!

Offline darrenh

• Tent User
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »
Hi,

That was the reason I also went for CGear Multimat for my Cub Escape Annex, I have now put around 25 grommets in the mat to line up with the Cub Annex peg holes.

For us older ones slippery surfaces can lead to bad falls and broken bones!!. The multimat was much cheaper the the doctors bills.

Ray
both are slippery I've got both
2006 100 series sahara
2008  Jayco flamingo outback

Offline DeLuxHiLux

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Growing Old is Inevitable. Growing Up is Optional
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 09:42:38 PM »
I found the C=Gear slippery on occasion until i pegged it down properly, then it seemed to be not slippery - not sure why....
'07 HiLux with some "fruit
'11 Tambo Omeo

Back home in one piece!!!

Common Sense: So Rare, it's a SuperPower

Our half lap 2013  blog: www.deluxhilux.blogspot.com.au

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
I understand this is for the floor of hte annexe, but could you use this sort of matting for under a soft floor camper tent for extra protection? Or is there a better alternative?

When I bought my Trackie 2nd hand a large piece of marine carpet came with it that was exactly the same size as the bottom of the soft floor. Took me until 2nd setup to realise what it was for (doh) as I used a tarp the first time. The marine carpet works a treat for under the vinyl, protects it and softer underfoot when on stony ground. Just folds up & goes on top of the tent when travelling with all the rest of the canvas. Just a thought for those who may be on the lookout for an alternative to a tarp.

:cup:
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.