Author Topic: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018  (Read 81421 times)

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2018, 11:26:23 AM »
Heard something on the radio the other day about wasps. They were warning Canberra was in for a bad season for wasps, the sort that have big nests. You must be special Bird, they've come to visit.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline corndog

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2018, 11:39:43 AM »
Wasps can sting you over and over and over again. And it hurts like hell. In Canberra it wouldn't be European wasps, it would be the politician wasps.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
Quote from: MattNQ
And you are right. Nobody bat's an eyelid about all the many songs about bitches and hoes  but get offended about other stuff.
mind boggling how the youth of today are being brainwashed with "social experiments"....
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline MadMarv

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2017
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »
F'ing Weekend Warrior World clowns.....had the unfortunate need to visit a Bumblings store this morning after the hardware store I visited first up didn't have the size palings I needed. Some clown in his Prado decides to park in the middle of the timber yard blocking the way for myself and the 4 vehicles behind me whilst he loads a couple of 2400 x 1200 blueboard sheets into the wagon area of his 4wd (that had to do his interior of his nice 4wd wonders). Eventually he moved and the held up vehicles all parked where he could just as easily of gone and parked at (he wasn't parked beside the blueboard pack either, was walking sheets back to his vehicle...they have trolleys for that you know mate, so get out of the way and let traffic move on). I get what i need and return back to my vehicle seeing another person has blocked my path out / parked in the middle of the road yet again, the guy says "I'll be back in a minute mate" to me and proceeds to run off inside the store...no worries mate, I have all day for you to do your stuff when you could have moved the vehicle right then and there....No wonder I hate visiting Bunnings

Thats why no matter what i have to get i always park outside in the carpark never inside
Regards

Marv

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2018, 04:20:21 PM »
Driving in peak hour traffic yesterday in the left lane there's a B-double semi behind me.  Truckie is avoiding having to come to a complete stop, so keeps the rig in low gear and is slowly crawling along with the ebb and flow of traffic towards a set of traffic lights.

The traffic lights ahead turn red and the traffic banks up, but on the road in front of me where I'm stopped has a huge 'keep clear' and zebra stripes painted on the road opposite an ambulance station.  I can't move my car any more forward without being in the keep clear zone and blocking access.  I see the truck behind crawling closer and closer until he's on my bumper and starts flashing his lights and just continually blowing his horn like a cock. Traffic is at a dead stop at this stage.....

At the next opportunity truckie pulls up beside me and sprays me with every name under the sun for not driving into the keep clear zone to avoid him having to stop.  To teach me a lesson he drives his truck partially in my lane for the next 50m and forces me up onto the middle traffic island.

I often hear truck drivers complaining about the behaviour of other road users, but it's hard to be sympathetic when so many of them have a disregard for basic road rules and act like f*ckwits themselves.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2018, 05:43:41 PM »

Driving in peak hour traffic yesterday in the left lane there's a B-double semi behind me.  Truckie is avoiding having to come to a complete stop, so keeps the rig in low gear and is slowly crawling along .........

...... I see the truck behind crawling closer and closer until he's on my bumper and starts flashing his lights and just continually blowing his horn like a cock....

I often hear truck drivers complaining about the behaviour of other road users, but ........

Good you had faith in his brakes then   ...that they hadn't suddenly stopped working on his 40tn rig for some reason...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2018, 05:47:00 PM »

Good you had faith in his brakes then   ...that they hadn't suddenly stopped working on his 40tn rig for some reason...
did ya see the truck pushin the car sideways down the road on the news tonight... LMAO.. someone stuck their car out too far ;D ;D ;D
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline MadMarv

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
I suppose what I'm getting at is the phone can detect movement via gps. If it detects a speed faster than say 10kph it could go into do not disturb mode.

That wouldnt work for me .... im usually in the passenger seat so i wouldnt want any hinderance in using my phone ...

I think it all comes down to something simple .... put the phone down and dont touch it ... its not hard , its only people nowdays think ... gee if i dont look at it i might miss something important ..... nothing is more important than just living .
Regards

Marv

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
Quote from: MadMarv
That wouldnt work for me .... im usually in the passenger seat so i wouldnt want any hinderance in using my phone ..

in the same vein as the driver.... couldnt you do without your phone as a passenger for a trip?
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline MadMarv

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
in the same vein as the driver.... couldnt you do without your phone as a passenger for a trip?

Oh i hardly use my phone anyway so its no prob for me , was just pointing out a problem for the speed sensitive/changing thingy thats been mentioned to help stop people using there phones ..... i still go by the , just leave it alone and dont look at it , i dont think its that hard , its just nowdays people think they carnt do without that tidbit off info for a bit off time
Regards

Marv

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2018, 07:26:03 PM »
Watching a kid on his bike riding hands free , tapping on is phone , & not wearing a helmet  .

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez                                ???
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
did ya see the truck pushin the car sideways down the road on the news tonight... LMAO.. someone stuck their car out too far ;D ;D ;D
Yeah....   I did - that was unreal... LMAO..    poor buggers -  visitors from OS - on their honeymoon on the way to the airport  ....

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »

What lost his brakes whilst crawling at 0.1km/hr up an incline? Sounds plausible to me  ;D

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2018, 09:01:34 PM »
put the phone down and dont touch it

This has been around for years, and not many use it, a great app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDw9bbB9TUc
The following users thanked this post: xcvator

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:30 AM »

First I've ever heard of it.

Looks OK, but couldn't you achieve the same thing by putting the phone into flight mode ???
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2018, 08:25:08 AM »
Not really, this app sends a text to whoever is trying to communicate with you, telling them you are driving.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2018, 08:46:28 AM »
Quote from: Kangaron
Not really, this app sends a text to whoever is trying to communicate with you, telling them you are driving.

That is a very cool idea. also never heard of it.. this should be gettin flogged hourly on TV and radio advertising
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:48:02 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »
That is a very cool idea. also never heard of it.. this should be gettin flogged hourly on TV and radio advertising
x 1000000000000 I've just installed it  :cup:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
Re: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »
x 1000000000000 I've just installed it  :cup:
I didnt think it would work on your new phone
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline moeite

• Swag User
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2018, 09:13:38 AM »
[deletia]
I think it all comes down to something simple .... put the phone down and dont touch it ... [deletia]..... nothing is more important than just living .

A looooong time ago when I was a twenty something new road train driver and was being tested by TNT so I could drive their new Volvo (about as reliable as a Trabant) I was told forcefully by the instructor there are only "two f*****g rules, be aware of what the f**k is going on and drive the f*****g truck". Fiddling with the radio, messing with your phone, doing your makeup, reading the paper, etc. all mean you aint driving the vehicle.
Mark F...
VK3KW
2000 Discovery 2 Td5 manual
Balance Trailers BT02HF forward fold camper

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2018, 07:37:24 AM »

Yes, though I'd switch to "Road Mode" in a variety of different scenarios. When at the pub, or when watching a movie, are two that come to mind right now.  >:D
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2018, 08:31:35 AM »
I do that frequently.  :cheers:

Offline callmejoe

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:24 AM »
Trying to get up to date info on the road closures in WA.
Yes I know the roads are flooded. Yes i know the next update will be at 8am.
But how about some extra info for some type of time frame. A update saying its closed every 3hrs does little but tell us its closed....
A little more info like water still rising or dropping. Or if its at 1m just say  closed for the next 2 days............
Fitzroy Crossing is such a "nice" place to stay.... yeah right...
Life's wasn't meant to be fair.
Well so I've been told. ..

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2018, 06:12:52 AM »
I hate it when i'm my own worst enemy.

Next Saturday, (8 days time) I want to do an oil change, filter and serpentine belt on the Statesman we bought.

9pm on the Tin Can road at the Ross Creek Store, the friggin thing spits the belt off.

It wasn't all bad, I was in bed, so the wife rang the RACQ and it was home by 10:30.
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2018, 06:44:10 AM »
Hey Kev Dont forget to check to see if you need  new Tensioner pulleys / Bearings  for that belt ..  ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "