Author Topic: Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018  (Read 89178 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 'Daily Rant Thread' 2018
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2018, 03:58:56 PM »
Good job they ain't Imperial eh?

I hope ya don't mean this sort of Imperial.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqN5hkUUNQI
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »
Hmmm... it was more about meter, metre, meatier meet her... fark, I could be pissed....
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Hookie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
Hmmm... it was more about meter, metre, meatier meet her... fark, I could be pissed....

I saw what you did. Well played.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2018, 12:15:59 PM »
Some of our best work comes out when we're pissed...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline corndog

• Soft Floor Camper User
And the rich just keep on getting richer
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 12:59:54 PM »
See multi millionaire Turnbull has given out some big pay rises to his mates. Some of these pay rises are bigger than 1/2 a years wage to some. And they tell these poor buggers they can't have a $10 a week rise cause it's not affordable. But then I remember, Australia is the lucky country.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: And the rich just keep on getting richer
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
See multi millionaire Turnbull has given out some big pay rises to his mates. Some of these pay rises are bigger than 1/2 a years wage to some. And they tell these poor buggers they can't have a $10 a week rise cause it's not affordable. But then I remember, Australia is the lucky country.
I gave up caring... it has always happened and always will... no matter who you vote for.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 03:03:47 PM »
I gave up caring... it has always happened and always will... no matter who you vote for.

Same here.  Not sure why you say 'Turnbull'.  All of them, state and Fed and all parties have been doing it.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.
The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »
And your surprised by this! :-* :-*
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
Thats why they do it. They know we're an apathetic mob, they can do what they want and no one will do anything about it.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2018, 09:28:33 AM »
Thats why they do it. They know we're an apathetic mob, they can do what they want and no one will do anything about it.

Cheers Glen
what do you suggest we do?
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »
Didn't Turnbull say that it was to maintain parity with their equals in the Public Service positions?
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's,
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
HDJ105r coming soon.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »
what do you suggest we do?
What ever you can.
I get involved with my union, voice my opinion, protests, educate people in their workplace rights, what ever I feel helps or makes people think a bit more. Talk to mates about stuff they may not know, or think about.
I dont view it as politics, more social activism. Both sides of politics are guilty of crap, but we have a lot more sway over the left.
Unfortunately the system today keeps so many people that busy, and focused on themselves, they dont have a social conscience. An example is cutting overtime rates for those in hospitality. Dont hear anything about it from anyone except organised labor.
The last 20 years, the right has done a great job of disassembling collective labor, and turned us into a society of me's not us.
In the words of Lennon, "You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one"

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
Somehow we have to make them accountable for their stupidity and poor decision making.
I know they write their own rules.  That's the biggest hurdle.  There has to be some way to get it into the 'Constitution'.
The other bit is, our super has to be the yard stick for theirs. 
They enjoy an unparalleled advantage over the ordinary bloke.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's,
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
HDJ105r coming soon.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2018, 01:05:15 PM »
Yep, me too...

I’ve had the ‘pleasure’ of being represented by the one and only Peter Slipper for his whole awesome career.

There was one election (the one before he became a walking headline/punchline) where our local paper asked all of the candidates what they had done to help their local constituents.
The other candidates had a variety of responses, working at state level to get funding for roads, helped secure money for a whole bunch of community services.
Peter Slipper’s reply “I’ve been your member for almost 20 years.” That was it!

He had never taken up a fight for us on any topic.
He just sat in Canberra and agreed with everything his boss told him to do and collected his big fat pay check every week.

After the joke that he made of our political system I was sure voters around here would send out a message that we’re sick of being taken advantage of.
What happened?? They just continued on with the same same and voted in the next muppet on the Liberal ticket.
And the next muppet was even worse then the last one...

If Peter Slipper and Mal Brough weren’t enough to make people seriously think about politics in our area, then absolutely nothing will.

So yep, completely given up on seeing anything change.

No point doing anything other then having a whinge on a forum here and there just to get it off your chest and make yourself feel a bit better.... ;)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:55 PM »
****in stupid throw away world

Why is it so much cheaper for me to buy a new printer than it is to buy ink cartridges ???
I have a good Brother all in 1 unit here, $40 per cartridge - takes 4.

I had a spare yellow, it said black was out, so went bought black, now says Cyan and Magenta are empty @40ea...

Officeworks has a new printer for $69.00
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Online austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »
Hi,
     I went to our local printer cartridge recycle place for their advice for a printer to suit our needs and that they could service and refill.
Very happy so far.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Offline Hookie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2018, 06:20:20 PM »
I have a HP that takes some pretty pricey cartridges. Last time I got some knock offs from inkstation for about a third of the price and had zero regrets.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »
****in stupid throw away world

Why is it so much cheaper for me to buy a new printer than it is to buy ink cartridges ???
I have a good Brother all in 1 unit here, $40 per cartridge - takes 4.

I had a spare yellow, it said black was out, so went bought black, now says Cyan and Magenta are empty @40ea...

Officeworks has a new printer for $69.00
Work out the cost of ink per litre, I reckon you'll fall of your perch Bird! Probably one of the dearest fluids in the world >:( >:(
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »
Work out the cost of ink per litre, Probably one of the dearest fluids in the world >:( >:(

My brother tells me that his sperm was the most expensive fluid on earth, suggesting that by him depositing approx 10mls in one load  has cost him at least $100000 what with child support etc.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2018, 08:09:49 AM »
My brother tells me that his sperm was the most expensive fluid on earth, suggesting that by him depositing approx 10mls in one load  has cost him at least $100000 what with child support etc.

LoL, lots a blokes out there would agree with him!

Offline Vitara_JaycoSwift_Outback

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2018, 05:52:16 AM »
2 sick kids vomiting and waking constantly through the night. The littlest one started day care last week and immediately starts getting sick from it. Not looking forward to the next 6 months untill he builds up his immunity.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2018, 07:10:48 AM »
2 sick kids vomiting and waking constantly through the night. The littlest one started day care last week and immediately starts getting sick from it. Not looking forward to the next 6 months untill he builds up his immunity.
Any sympathetic vomiters, that's real fun, one starts and the rest go out in sympathy. My son is 31 and gags at the thought of vomit. :D :D

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My Image Gallery
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2018, 08:13:16 AM »
Any sympathetic vomiters, that's real fun, one starts and the rest go out in sympathy. My son is 31 and gags at the thought of vomit. :D :D
My wife is the worst for that. She is an operating theatre nurse. She can handle with aplomb any blood & guts, bowel procedures, any gory injury you can imagine.  But when the kids vomit, she just loses her lunch....
She can't even watch videos of people vomiting... :)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »
What ever you can.
I get involved with my union, voice my opinion, protests, educate people in their workplace rights, what ever I feel helps or makes people think a bit more. Talk to mates about stuff they may not know, or think about.
I dont view it as politics, more social activism. Both sides of politics are guilty of crap, but we have a lot more sway over the left.
Unfortunately the system today keeps so many people that busy, and focused on themselves, they dont have a social conscience. An example is cutting overtime rates for those in hospitality. Dont hear anything about it from anyone except organised labor.
The last 20 years, the right has done a great job of disassembling collective labor, and turned us into a society of me's not us.
In the words of Lennon, "You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one"

Cheers Glen

I’d have to admit, I would probably disagree with you on pretty much every political argument but respect that you are not just another ‘uncommitted complainer’

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »
Daughter comes in and says theres a hole in the wall and bugs are coming out of it..
thinking she is sleep walking, i say yes sweety. then she insists she can see them...

CODE BROWN thoughts of all sorts of Shit (I should never have watched so many horror movies as a teen)...

Walk into dining room, theres a hole about 4-5mm in th wall, and a ****in WASP crawling out of it... then another and another.. Like something out of a horror movie...
FARK GET THE MORTEIN!!! WE DONT HAVE ANY.

I started touchin the wall around the hole, and it was spongy for about 2-3inches around the original hole and it got bigger :'( and they started coming out at a constant rate...  :o :o :o :o theres now 30 or more between window and blinds...

Walk outside and theres a small gap inbetween 1 brick with a small chip in it and window (less than a cm) where they must have been getting in, but **** knows how big the nest is and **** knows how they found the gap  ???

Race off to Coles for 8 tins of pea beu mortein, raid you ****in name it..
get home to look inside the window between that and the blind, theres about 50+ of the ****ers..

jam the first tin of mortien into hole outside empty that puppy into it. Nobody shot out which surprised me.
then inside, spray the ****ers that were buzzing around, then she tells me the exterminator has arrived..

Dude tapes up the hole inside, puts on a suit mask and does his Shit, I head up shops to get dude the cash..

The wall was humming for few mins but now has gone quiet. now worried about the rest of the house, but will go looking sarvo when it cools down. 

Great relaxing saturday morning eh....
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo