Author Topic: Whats making news in 2018 edition  (Read 54823 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #1225 on: September 06, 2018, 10:57:46 AM »
Quote from: Bigfish
So many bullShit looking rigs that have big lifts, big tyres
Doesnt make them all dangerous killers though. Overweight would...
But just cause a car has a lift and big tyres doesnt automatically make it dangerous.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1226 on: September 06, 2018, 12:23:33 PM »
Doesnt make them all dangerous killers though. Overweight would...
But just cause a car has a lift and big tyres doesnt automatically make it dangerous.

:cup: :4x4:
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1227 on: September 06, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »
not kewl....
Three people have been injured, at least one critically, after a crane dropped concrete at a Box Hill construction site.

3AW Afternoons was alerted to the horrible incident on Whitehorse Road on Thursday.

It is understood a crane, which was transporting a tub of concrete, dropped its load into a pit where three men were working about 12.20pm.

Two men have been removed, with one sustaining critical injuries and the other minor injuries.

A third person remains trapped.

“There are police and firefighters absolutely everywhere,” Channel 7 reporter Michael Scanlan told Denis Walter from the scene.

“It’s absolutely chaotic.”
https://www.3aw.com.au/crane-chain-snaps-at-work-site-injuring-people-below/
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Bigfish

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1228 on: September 06, 2018, 03:24:52 PM »
Here,s another grub that needs to swing from a branch.

The man who killed Caboolture toddler Mason Jet Lee has been sentenced to nine years in prison, after the 22-month-old died a "slow and painful death" in 2016, the Queensland Supreme Court has heard.

William Andrew O'Sullivan pleaded guilty to four charges before the Queensland Supreme Court in Brisbane last week, including manslaughter and cruelty to a child under 16 years old — but due to legal reasons it was unable to be reported until now.

During the 37-year-old's sentence hearing, O'Sullivan's lawyer Ruth O'Gorman said he admitted for the first time that he was responsible for inflicting the blow or blows which eventually led to the death of Mason between two to five days later in June 2016.

O'Sullivan, who was the child's stepfather and primary carer at the time of his death, ignored obvious signs Mason was in pain and failed to seek urgent medical care.

The court heard Mason endured serious neglect, including in the months prior where he was left untreated for a fractured leg and other serious injuries.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1231 on: September 06, 2018, 05:03:16 PM »
Here,s another grub that needs to swing from a branch.

The 22-month-old died a "slow and painful death"

Way to quick and easy enough for the grub to accept his end .. He should get a decent enough amount of time to think about it and beg for it .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bigfish

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1232 on: September 06, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »
Way to quick and easy enough for the grub to accept his end .. He should get a decent enough amount of time to think about it and beg for it .

Not if we hang him from his nuts until drops into a croc enclosure. :angel:

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1233 on: September 06, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »

Lets see them set up a station at Laura (Start of Cape York dirt road sections ) ....many would be turning around and heading back South. So many bullShit looking rigs that have big lifts, big tyres and grossly over weight(include vans in that).   You would have to be fool to say you didnt know it was illegal.

Years ago in Sydney when the then RTA decided to focus on uncovered loads, they just set up outside the Ryde tip, no point going out to try and catch them when you can just wait for them to come too you!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:19:25 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1235 on: September 07, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
RIP Burt Renyolds

Bugger! :'(

Farewell, Smokey
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1236 on: September 07, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
Bit of Burt trivia.....

When they filmed Smokey and the Bandit, the Trans Am couldn't lay a decent skid for the film.
So they fitted it up with a Marvin Miller nitrous oxide kit.

Then, when they did the skid through the intersection at the lights, it nearly blew the tyres off it.

I reckon a few who bought a Trans Am after seeing the movie, were never told that about that and bet they struggled to lay a decent power skid.
Just a semi-retired, over weight, partially blind, partially deaf, low IQ Aussie with an unacceptable attitude, questionable hygiene and little a dick. (But I still get laid)

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #1237 on: September 07, 2018, 06:38:38 PM »
R.I.P. Bert, must have been real fun making "Smokey and The Bandit".
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's,
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
HDJ105r coming soon.

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
« Reply #1238 on: September 07, 2018, 06:59:52 PM »
Bit of Burt trivia.....

When they filmed Smokey and the Bandit, the Trans Am couldn't lay a decent skid for the film.
So they fitted it up with a Marvin Miller nitrous oxide kit.

Then, when they did the skid through the intersection at the lights, it nearly blew the tyres off it.

I reckon a few who bought a Trans Am after seeing the movie, were never told that about that and bet they struggled to lay a decent power skid.

They also used the 55 chev out of American Graffiti to as a sound over for the Trans Am
because it sounded like a Shit box. The same 55 that was also in Two-lane Blacktop.
"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1239 on: September 08, 2018, 03:39:36 AM »
I knew the chev was used in the two movies, but I didn't know about the sound over.

Gunna have to watch S and the B again now just for the hell of it.
Just a semi-retired, over weight, partially blind, partially deaf, low IQ Aussie with an unacceptable attitude, questionable hygiene and little a dick. (But I still get laid)

Online Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1240 on: September 12, 2018, 10:12:10 AM »
He’s now a legally certified liar..... :cup: :cup:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/alan-jones-guilty-of-defamation-over-flood-deaths-must-pay-3-7m-20180912-p5036o.html

“Alan Jones has been found guilty of “extremely serious” defamation and will be required to pay $938,746 each to four Toowoomba brothers over defamatory comments about them made on his Sydney radio show.
In total, Jones, 2GB and 4GB will have to pay $3.7 million in damages to the Wagner brothers.”

“Justice Peter Flanagan handed down his verdict at Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning. He said the 76 defamatory imputations brought before the court were “extremely serious” and of the “gravest kind”.

Jones's lawyer Robert Anderson QC had dropped an "honest opinion" defence late in the trial, conceding that some of the comments could not be defended.”

Now it’s a proven fact that Alan Jones does not have an “honest opinion”... ;D ;D

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1241 on: September 12, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »

Now it’s a proven fact that Alan Jones does not have an “honest opinion”... ;D ;D

And some of his comments can not be defended.
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1242 on: September 12, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
He’s now a legally certified liar..... :cup: :cup:

[url=https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/alan-jones-guilty-of-defamation-over-flood-deaths-must-pay-3-7m-20180912-p5036o.html]https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/alan-jones-guilty-of-defamation-over-flood-deaths-must-pay-3-7m-20180912-p5036o.html[/URL]

“Alan Jones has been found guilty of “extremely serious” defamation and will be required to pay $938,746 each to four Toowoomba brothers over defamatory comments about them made on his Sydney radio show.
In total, Jones, 2GB and 4GB will have to pay $3.7 million in damages to the Wagner brothers.”

“Justice Peter Flanagan handed down his verdict at Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning. He said the 76 defamatory imputations brought before the court were “extremely serious” and of the “gravest kind”.

Jones's lawyer Robert Anderson QC had dropped an "honest opinion" defence late in the trial, conceding that some of the comments could not be defended.”

Ha ha ha suck Shit Jones.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1243 on: September 12, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »
Great result, but wait until we see the results of his appeal, which I am sure he, I mean his lawyers will do.
And I don't think he will be too concerned. He can afford it or he is covered for such things.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1244 on: September 13, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »
Yep, even if he loses the appeal, so has to pay up, he'd just open his wallet & whack that amount on his credit card >:D

$3 mill to us normal people is an absolute fortune :o, but to people like that it's petty cash :'(

Like AMP being busted for doing the wrong thing - they made $3.75 BILLION out of wrong charges & so on, & were really smashed by the court judgment - $1.5 million ::)
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1247 on: September 16, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »
A bit more detail:
https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/5648030/twenty-year-old-man-dies-in-vehicle-rollover-near-glen-innes/?cs=159

I saw on Fires Near Me that there had been an MVA on the Old Glen Innes road, but didn't know it was that bad...
1992 Toyota 4Runner VZN130 (3.slo V6):

1996 Kanga Camping trailer: Build in progress

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1248 on: September 17, 2018, 06:29:45 AM »
At that time of night and being fellas you’d think alcohol might be a contributing factor (though that’s my guess)....with plenty of sharp blind corners and big drop offs along that road, not hard to go wrong if not driving to conditions. Sad end to what was likely a good fun weekend away to that point.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline JusyApples

• Tent User
« Reply #1249 on: September 17, 2018, 09:01:17 AM »
Yep, even if he loses the appeal, so has to pay up, he'd just open his wallet & whack that amount on his credit card >:D

$3 mill to us normal people is an absolute fortune :o, but to people like that it's petty cash :'(

Like AMP being busted for doing the wrong thing - they made $3.75 BILLION out of wrong charges & so on, & were really smashed by the court judgment - $1.5 million ::)
Guess that's what happens when you are successful
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper