Author Topic: Whats making news in 2018 edition  (Read 91327 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2018, 06:40:49 AM »
The Reality is Soooooo Soooooo different    ,    Bro                :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »
See and deal with these types every week, 9 times out of ten their kids are the biggest pack of ****holes this side of the black stump, just like their parents ..
Its sometimes nice to give them a reality check and set them straight .... Even if it only registers in their Gnat like brains for a Milli second .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2018, 08:21:24 AM »
Quote from: Rumpig
(Not having a go at Police officers themselves) but what we have here in Qld is a very poor Police presence on the roads and it's been that way for ages....

Every xmas, easter - any holiday they keep sprouting "There'll be more police on the roads etc etc etc be good or we'll getcha... "...  Yet every holiday I see less and less cops than during the year... is it just a bluff hoping people will believe it ??? Cops get holidays too don't they?

The xmas just gone I think I saw 2 dog boxes and 1 police Kombi
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »
After you get past the underlying reason of the Qld Police union to speak out about speed cameras, that being police jobs, I can only agree with the unions claim. https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/queensland-police-to-keep-sneaky-speed-cameras-20180114-p4yyh0.html

Extract from this link  , "There are 18 unmarked mobile speed camera vehicles in use across the state."

I say Bullship .

Up here in the Cairns and tableland area there is at least 8 unmarked cars , ranging from a Porsche - (sometimes with a P plate ) a couple a Commodores , a couple of Tradie looking vehicles , at least one van and several other makes of cars .

Photos are posted every day ( on a facebook site ) and it is a constant changing of vehicles .

A big thing now days are the police that are manning some of these cars , will pull over to the side of the road , have their hazard lights on and pretend to be on the phone , they sit there for hours catching the poor buggers doing only a few km,s over the limit , and all the while ( in most cases ) the copper is getting paid overtime .
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2018, 09:54:36 AM »
They don't make em like that anymore...

Farkles!

A farmer was forced to ride his motorbike holding his head upright by his hair after falling and breaking his neck on a property at South Gippsland.

The 73-year-old reportedly fell from the bike while checking his farm for grasshoppers on the weekend.

A caller to radio station 3AW said the man idled back to his house, holding his head upright with one hand before calling triple zero.

The farmer confirmed the account from hospital on Monday morning, where he is being treated for two fractured vertebrae, 3AW said.

More to come

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/farmer-rides-for-help-holding-broken-neck-upright-by-hair-20180114-p4yyhc.html
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »
They don't make em like that anymore...

Farkles!

Just saw that on facebook.  I'd be stuffed, being bald can ruin your day
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2018, 06:21:07 PM »
Just saw that on facebook.  I'd be stuffed, being bald can ruin your day
i was just reading the above post feeling sorry for the old fella  thinking FARK imagine doing that, then read your post and nearly spat my Bundy out laughing  :cup: ;D ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
i was just reading the above post feeling sorry for the old fella  thinking FARK imagine doing that, then read your post and nearly spat my Bundy out laughing  :cup: ;D ;D

Feel sorry for the poor bugger but wondered what I would have to do.  Hope you didn't lose any Bundy
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My Image Gallery
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:36 PM »
Recent accident up here. Stolen cars racing and ran an elderly couple off the road. Serious injuries, but they survived.

Police have charged two teenagers. Scumbags simply took off in the second car and left the couple for dead. 
Hoping they rot in prison, but that never happens these days....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1791112164234961&id=529629870416437

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:53:32 PM by MattNQ »

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Recent accident up here. Stolen cars racing and ran an elderly couple off the road. Serious injuries, but they survived.

Police have charged two teenagers. Scumbags simply took off in the second car and left the couple for dead. 

Saw that on the news feed, definitely lowlifes.  That is a big hit and as you say left them for dead.  Poor truck not involved but he has to live with what he saw too. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2018, 07:48:38 AM »
Very sad.. this chick had a phenomenal voice and was a great talent...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky4CdN0x58A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUmdWdEgHgk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-DJr1Qs54

Dolores O'Riordan, the lead singer of rock group The Cranberries, has died in London at the age of 46, the band has confirmed.

In a statement posted on social media, the band said the singer "died suddenly" in London on Monday, local-time

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/the-cranberries-lead-singer-dolores-oriordan-dead-at-46-20180115-h0iriy.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:23:43 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
Very sad.. this chick had a phenomenal voice and was a great talent...

thought maybe she had a drug overdose, but reading more about her she's had quite a few mental issues after being abused for 4 years at age 8...apparently she tried committing suicide back in 2014. Matters not how she died though, she's left 3 kids behind to deal with it now.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »

Should take then trolling for Crocs or Sharks . Strap them up, throw them overboard and troll them .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »

That link forces you to a log on page, when I tried to view it. Link was viewable here without logging on.
https://www.facebook.com/7NewsBrisbane/videos/1791109984235179/

Pretty bad one though eh...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »
Quote from: Rumpig
thought maybe she had a drug overdose, but reading more about her she's had quite a few mental issues after being abused for 4 years at age 8...apparently she tried committing suicide back in 2014. Matters not how she died though, she's left 3 kids behind to deal with it now.

Yep, never good when kids are involved....

Then you read this - happened today.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-16/parents-charged-with-torture-of-their-13-children/9332630
Thirteen siblings, ranging in age from two to 29, were rescued by police in California from a house where some of them had been chained to beds, and their parents have been charged with torture.

Sooner they bring out breeding licenses the better.
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Hookie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2018, 02:32:40 PM »
Sooner they bring out breeding licenses the better.

I've always thought that. We need to come up with a way to sterilize everyone at birth, then people need to go through an application process to be unsterilized. Not likely to happen though, I'm sure it'd be a violation of someone's stupid rights....

But as for those Cali folk, put em down. In cases where you can look at these people and definitively say they could never be a benefit to society and there is no good reason to keep them around, get rid of them and save the resources for somebody who deserves it.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2018, 10:53:45 AM »
If I was this kids mother, I'd happily wait for these parasites to get out of the cop shop and stomp on their heads - give them the sentence they deserve... cause all that'll happen to them is they'll get a "STERN" talking to and let go... to do it all again

Couldn't believe the footage on Tele last night...  I mean it is Moe, where many mothers and fathers are brother and sister...

A disabled teenage girl was allegedly tortured for hours by three girls in a park in regional Victoria, in a horrific attack described by senior police as the worst assault they've seen in 30 years.

During the two and half hour attack, the 17-year-old was forced to inhale glass believed to be from her smashed iPhone, had her hands burnt on a hot barbecue before her head was repeatedly slammed into a wooden table at the park in the Gippsland town of Moe.

Horrific attack on disabled Moe girl filmed  DISTRESSING VIDEO: A disabled girl has been brutally bashed by three teenagers, who filmed the cruel attack on a mobile phone.

The entire ordeal was captured on the mobile phone of one of the girls, who police allege tricked the victim into going to the park under the pretext of meeting her boyfriend in the picnic area in the early hours of Monday morning.

The three girls arrested for the attack are aged between 12 and 15 years-old.

The victim's mother, who did want want to be identified, said her daughter was left traumatised by the attack and her face so badly bruised she was "unrecognisable".

"It's just incomprehensible that anyone would do that, it's not even animalistic, animals don't even do that kind of stuff," she told Channel Ten.

"The amount of times they pummeled her head into that picnic table is disgusting. Her face is so black and blue she is unrecognisable... she can't get her glasses on because her cheekbones are so swollen up."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/disabled-teenager-bashed-and-tortured-by-three-girls-after-being-lured-into-a-park-20180117-p4yyl0.html
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2018, 11:47:43 AM »
If I was this kids mother, I'd happily wait for these parasites to get out of the cop shop and stomp on their heads - give them the sentence they deserve... cause all that'll happen to them is they'll get a "STERN" talking to and let go... to do it all again

Couldn't believe the footage on Tele last night...  I mean it is Moe, where many mothers and fathers are brother and sister...
If it was one of my girls that was the victim those parasites wouldn't be breathing by now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »
(Not having a go at Police officers themselves) but what we have here in Qld is a very poor Police presence on the roads and it's been that way for ages....time and time again I can drive 200klms to relos place at Gympie and not see a Police vehicle or speed camera other then the fixed units that everyone knows the location of (though the past year there is usually one mobile trailer unit somewhere also that is easily seen). I just drove Brisbane to the Goldy and back again a few hours ago, not a single Police car or bike to be seen, and other then the 2 fixed cameras on the bridges on the run home there was only the usual one trailer camera on the South run.....there is no presence to do anything.
Just did a quick trip over to Perth for work and gotta say the quick trip from the Sunny Coast to Brissy airport and back was a perfect example of this bad joke.

Caloundra exit to Brisbane airport exit, hitting the highway on Tuesday morning at 7am.
Grand total of 0 (zero) police cars (marked or unmarked).
1 point to point camera and 2 camera trailers setup in the roadworks zones.

Brisbane airport exit to Caloundra exit, getting out of the airport car park just before 1am this morning.
Total police cars 9 (yes nine highly visible cars on the same highway at 1am on Wednesday night).
1 mobile marked speed camera, 2 camera trailers, 1 point to point camera and 1 fixed camera.

On a side note, looks like we’re in for another life saving speed camera on the North bound highway about a km or 2 past the current fixed one.
They had shut down 2 lanes of the highway, had cars parked in an interesting configuration on the closed lanes.
Then a camera set up on the side of the road and coppers walking around with surveying type equipment.

I’m assuming they’re looking to setup a camera to catch oncoming vehicles as round the corner and speeding up again after slowing for the fixed camera.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:59:17 PM by Pete79 »
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »
As I see it, speed cameras pay for pollys entitlements, even the ones they aren't entitled to and never have to pay back...
police driving around being seen doesn't..
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2018, 11:38:07 AM »
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2018, 07:19:12 PM »
Just for a change a bit of light, good news  :cheers:

http://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/story/5169103/betootas-iconic-bush-watering-hole-reborn/
had a few drinks there many years ago before it closed...didn't think it was 21 years ago though :o

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »
had a few drinks there many years ago before it closed...didn't think it was 21 years ago though :o

Does that mean you were under aged back then?  ;D

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2018, 07:43:29 PM »
Does that mean you were under aged back then?  ;D
sadly that's a no...lol..what have been early 20's. We camped at Beetoota the night on an Endevour Car Rally, but I can't recall if that was the time I had a drink at the pub (I think it was), or if it was another time we stopped there.

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Re: What's making news today? 2017 Edition
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2018, 07:50:44 PM »
Qld news today reports Qld Driver's Licences will no longer state that the holder is a male or female after complaints from the LGBTI that it was discriminatory. Appears they do not know if they are male or female ???

Also the height of the holder will also not be stated as that is also discriminatory.  ???

Seriously when will this absolute stupidity stop.  Why do minority groups have so much power?

I wish the media would state who gave the final decision. Who is the idiot who said, 'yep, that is a brilliant idea'.  Name and shame them. Sad really that their greatest achievement in life is to make these kind of decisions.  What is next, no photo as that is discriminatory. What the hell, how about a licence is no longer needed.....

Kevin

I think that is fantastic. I am on a 12 month good behaviour licence....yeah yeh I know I am a Shit driver. But I can now legitimately blame my wife   :police: