Author Topic: Whats making news in 2018 edition  (Read 91413 times)

Offline corndog

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #1725 on: January 26, 2019, 08:37:07 AM »
Don’t forget the amount smokers pay in tax when they buy a pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And let's not forget the $$$ amount ever year that smokers drag out of the health system every year, so yes they should be paying tax on every packet they buy.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1726 on: January 26, 2019, 08:38:41 AM »
Lol, takes.ciggie to pill testing

Tester: this contains harmful Shit
Smoker: ok I'll smoke it anyway

All the adverts on tv prove people don't give 2 craps about what they put in their body if they want to.

Try releasing a product like smokes today legally, No hope in hell.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1727 on: January 26, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
I’m on the fence with pill testing.....

if the conversation changes one kids mind that I’m happy with that.

I'm another one that doesn't think testing will work, but I also agree that if it convinces one kid that it's a silly bloody idea, so don't do it, then that's a success.
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline corndog

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1728 on: January 26, 2019, 09:22:39 AM »
Instead of testing the pills why don't they catch the p****s selling them, take them to the test tent, shove every pill they have on them down their throat, drag them out the back and forget about them. No, what we do is catch them, they go to court, get a slap on the wrist, a good behaviour bond and sent on their way. Meanwhile back at the festival some d***head has just taken his pill and on the way to hospital but gets there dead. Who's paid the most? Pills will always be sold, pills will always be taken. Will testing work. Maybe for some, it won't for others.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1729 on: January 26, 2019, 01:46:36 PM »
And let's not forget the $$$ amount ever year that smokers drag out of the health system every year, so yes they should be paying tax on every packet they buy.
Of course they should. But I was responding to weeds argument that drug uses pay tax so it’s okay for the tax payer to foot the bill for their expenses as we do for smokers. Smokers quite rightly pay tax on cigarettes, drug users don’t pay tax on drugs

Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1730 on: January 26, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
That's only because it isn't regulated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1731 on: January 27, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »

Oh and by the way the doctors arent going to do the testing, theyre just advocating it, saying it may save lives.

Glen we all have empathy and nobody wants to lose a child at any age but bad Shit happens OK?
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/how-could-luca-raso-13-die-of-appendicitis-coroner-to-find-answers/ar-BBSL44c

It's why we have professional qualifications and approved prescription drugs and doses while the people selling illicit drugs don't have anyone's best interests at heart but lining their own pockets-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/boy-17-found-with-almost-600-drug-capsules-at-dance-party-police/ar-BBSM8Q2

The last lass who died took 9 MDMA tabs apparently and snuffed it and ironically she might have been better off if they were cut 50/50 with sugar rather than alternatively getting the big tick of approval that they're pure from the pill testing station at the gate you're promoting. Who bloody knows as these are not tested prescription drugs. Duh!

Also note the parents of the misdiagnosed son are lining up for a payout. Frankly my son and daughter are priceless to me and should they perish by some misdiagnosis or by their own hand or whatever I don't want any disgusting blood money for that as I couldn't imagine spending a dollar of it on anything. What you want is to set up professionals to fail for the vulturing lawyers to feed off along with their money grubbing sick deranged clients. Simply put kids there is no safe level of these illicit drugs end of story.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:38:58 PM by prodigyrf »
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.
The following users thanked this post: GeoffA

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1732 on: January 27, 2019, 05:58:58 PM »
Of course they should. But I was responding to weeds argument that drug uses pay tax so it’s okay for the tax payer to foot the bill for their expenses as we do for smokers. Smokers quite rightly pay tax on cigarettes, drug users don’t pay tax on drugs

Pretty I went on the say our medical system doesn’t discriminate when you are presented to emergency......funded by tax payers for all.

If we start discriminating than it would get pretty ugly pretty quick. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Brij

• Tent User
« Reply #1733 on: January 27, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »
The last lass who died took 9 MDMA tabs apparently and snuffed it and ironically she might have been better off if they were cut 50/50 with sugar rather than alternatively getting the big tick of approval that they're pure from the pill testing station at the gate you're promoting. Who bloody knows as these are not tested prescription drugs. Duh!

Will pill testing discourage hard core pill takers?

Most likely not, just like hard core smokers are not discouraged by the anti smoking ads.

Anyone who thinks pill testing at a festival will give conclusive evidence of what a pill will do to you is pretty optimistic.

But if pill testing helps to discourage some from taking pills then I am happy for my tax dollars to help fund it, just like I am happy for my tax dollars to help fund anti smoking campaigns. Much prefferable than just accepting people are going to smoke, take pills, and just pouring money into medical expenditure.

Much more realistic to try to change trends than to try to stop every individual from taking pills.

And I don't intend to offend any smokers by likening a legal substance to an illicent one. I'm not a smoker but I have lots of empathy for those that struggle with what is undoubtedly a very addictive substance.
NX Pajero
NJ Pajero (semi retired  to firewood harvesting duties)
Home made camper

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1734 on: January 29, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »
I dont have any real answers or solutions but is it possible that they just promote on all tickets and advertising for these festivals that all people on entry will be checked for drugs with sniffer dogs etc. and actually go ahead with it and test everyone.

If they promote it that there is no way of getting the drugs in as you will be tested will that stop these people bringing them in?

Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1735 on: January 29, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
I dont have any real answers or solutions but is it possible that they just promote on all tickets and advertising for these festivals that all people on entry will be checked for drugs with sniffer dogs etc. and actually go ahead with it and test everyone.

If they promote it that there is no way of getting the drugs in as you will be tested will that stop these people bringing them in?
Very good points. Listening to a person from the doctor's association and he said all of the media/health warnings are not getting through because this generation don't watch mainstream TV, listen to radio or read news papers. Need to target them in a different way. Mind you I do not understand how they could not know the dangers and risks with taking drugs. And didn't they get some education from their parents? I know I bloody did.  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1736 on: January 29, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »
Kids these days have had it drummed into them never to drink and drive and it looks like, in general, they have got the message. We need to do the same thing with drugs.
Maybe alcohol too, which kills a lot more people.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Chinese camper trailer with even more dings (now sold).

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1737 on: January 29, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »
Continually taxing alcohol isnt working - it pushes kids towards these pills....

$20 for a mystery pill, or $69.90 per case of 24 of Beam Cans. or $75.60 per case of 24 for UDLs
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo