Author Topic: Whats making news in 2018 edition  (Read 94389 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #1700 on: January 01, 2019, 07:08:13 PM »
Quote from: edz
Just what every fun loving Aussie needs .. A  civil war being fought in our streets and suburbs ..

politicians still dont think theres an issue - thats the issue. Stop importing other countries problems.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1701 on: January 01, 2019, 07:51:10 PM »
The Limp Dick pollies, Rose goggled Do Gooders and the PC Bleeters that allowed this to happen  and every other poor swinging dick in this joint better to hope to hell, that no one starts to arm either of them effectively .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #1702 on: January 01, 2019, 07:53:47 PM »
politicians still dont think theres an issue - thats the issue. Stop importing other countries problems.

Exactly,  another winner, thanks Bruce.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's,
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
HDJ105r coming soon.

ScarpsD40

« Reply #1703 on: January 01, 2019, 08:55:39 PM »
The Limp Dick pollies, Rose goggled Do Gooders and the PC Bleeters that allowed this to happen  and every other poor swinging dick in this joint better to hope to hell, that no one starts to arm either of them effectively .
call in the ninja warriors, they’ll sort it https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/01/17/06/australian-ninja-warrior-vigilante-car-theft-alleged-citizens-arrest?ocid=Social-9News

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1704 on: January 01, 2019, 09:40:47 PM »
call in the ninja warriors, they’ll sort it https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/01/17/06/australian-ninja-warrior-vigilante-car-theft-alleged-citizens-arrest?ocid=Social-9News
yea but as she said
"We're dealing with people that know exactly what they're doing, they know it's wrong, and they're going to do it again because they know they can get away with it, and there's nothing we can do about it," she said.
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1705 on: January 02, 2019, 05:59:36 AM »
They simply don't have the space to house most of these pricks when they offend, hence the release on bail.
They know that... so they just re-offend.

If all the states and territories chipped in and the fed govt. took up the slack, just build a wicked super prison out in the boonies.
Tap into a current rail line for the mines and use that for transport of prisoners. (an old cattle train modified would be plenty good enough)
Set up a small regional airport for the workers
Have really decent accommodation for the warders, and put 'em on a fifo set -up.
Look after them well, really well.
Bores will do for most of the water required.

So, then transfer all the killers, rapists and the like, to the super prison, freeing up the local prisons for the lesser crimes.

Imagine the look on the face of Mr Joyrider/car thief when he's remanded for 6 months instead of being out in time for lunch.

Three strikes into prison for anything, off ya go to the super prison. 

All the civil rights mobs, will scream about visiting rights etc etc.... Too bad, tell someone that cares.

If someone in govt., actually put this in place and followed through on the law and order platform, they would be in power for the rest of time.
If, there's that word again, they just looked ahead for the good of the country and got their heads out of the trough.

Lots of things would make a super prison in the boonies a no go and sure, cost of this, cost of that.
Fukc the cost, the thing would save so much money over the long term, it wouldn't be funny.

Change the sentencing system while we are at it too.

When I was a mechanic, we had a times and labour charge book. It would tell you a particular job, should take 3.5 hours, so that's what we charged, even if we squeaked in out in 20 minutes less.

Set up, a basic penalty rate.

Remove that aspect from the "powers to be" individually.
Judges would no longer decide, who gets what.
Bail would be available for some pretty crap, but it would need to be minor.

If ya busted for car theft for the second time, refer to the penalty book. Oh beauty, you get 6 years and 6 years, means..... 6 years.
If ya caught selling ice, then its 25 years..... done.

Murder, well, I still reckon, an eye for an eye on this one.
You get 3 months to appeal, if its a no go, then you get a needle up the arm and ya brown bread.
None of this being on death row for 35 years and finding God.

Geez, imagine if all the traffic infringement money was allocated to this. You'd be nearly there.

Just on my own tickets since being 17,i could have a wing named after me.

Oh Shit, you could buy the rights to have a wing named after you.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:04:15 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1706 on: January 02, 2019, 06:15:06 AM »
Well another idiot has died from taking illegal drugs and once again we get the  Shit for brains saying that pill testing for these illegal drugs should be available.

BullShit..its illegal..what part don't they understand? No one forces you to buy illegal drugs or take them. Thats an individuals decision. Its also a criminal decision.  They are well aware they are breaking the law and well aware that they have no real idea of what the drug contains..  Sick of this do gooder Shit.  The idiots that take the drugs and die only have themselves to blame. Stop wasting public money on ways of keeping the criminals and stupid out of harms way when simple common sense can prevent these deaths.
Social Media...the toilet bowl of the internet..

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1707 on: January 02, 2019, 06:34:51 AM »
Well another idiot has died from taking illegal drugs and once again we get the  Shit for brains saying that pill testing for these illegal drugs should be available.

BullShit..its illegal..what part don't they understand? No one forces you to buy illegal drugs or take them. Thats an individuals decision. Its also a criminal decision.  They are well aware they are breaking the law and well aware that they have no real idea of what the drug contains..  Sick of this do gooder Shit.  The idiots that take the drugs and die only have themselves to blame. Stop wasting public money on ways of keeping the criminals and stupid out of harms way when simple common sense can prevent these deaths.
Here here
It would be interesting if they did bring it in and a person was told their drug was safe but they still overdose. I wonder what the legal ramifications would be for the govt and the pill tester
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1708 on: January 02, 2019, 07:41:48 AM »
Here here
It would be interesting if they did bring it in and a person was told their drug was safe but they still overdose. I wonder what the legal ramifications would be for the govt and the pill tester

Wouldnt it also be that the pill tester is also an accessory to an illegal activity..i.e....the manufacturing of drugs?.  Afterall he is verifying the final product is safe to use.  Oh hold on!.  We will change the law to suit the illegal trade.......for christs sake...
Social Media...the toilet bowl of the internet..

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1709 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:24 AM »
Wouldnt it also be that the pill tester is also an accessory to an illegal activity..i.e....the manufacturing of drugs?.  Afterall he is verifying the final product is safe to use.  Oh hold on!.  We will change the law to suit the illegal trade.......for christs sake...
x2
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1710 on: January 02, 2019, 09:39:48 AM »
Well another idiot has died from taking illegal drugs and once again we get the Shit for brains saying that pill testing for these illegal drugs should be available.

The same was said about heroin injecting rooms, yet they have saved countless lives(both from OD and HIV transmission), and that saves our health system big money. Its still illegal to possess and sell heroin. Same for other drugs including pills. We're fortunate, both our boys are older now, and never dabbled in any drugs. but when theyre young, you have no idea what they get up to. You can do so much as a parent, then hope you did enough. Theres no guarantees. If it will save someones child, then Im all for it. I couldnt imagine how devestated someone would be, getting a call saying their child is dead, having no idea they even dabbled in drugs. Its called empathy.
As for the Shit for brains. Well, calls for testing has come from the AMA amoungst others, but what would they know.
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1711 on: January 02, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
For 2019

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1712 on: January 25, 2019, 10:04:13 PM »
Well, calls for testing has come from the AMA amoungst others, but what would they know.

Well of course they could professionally test the pills and say yep that's pure MDMA alrighty and then the kid goes and takes 3 or 4 of them when they've only taken 2 or even none before plus a heap of booze and go dancing frenetically and dehydrates with runaway overheating and dies. Then mum and dad call the ambulance chasers cos the AMA doc gave their tick of approval to the tablets and they need a whacking big payout to get over it naturally. Meanwhile glen and other like minded empathisers and would be social workers are nowhere to be seen sticking their hands in their pockets to help out with all the bereavement. 
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1713 on: January 26, 2019, 12:59:24 AM »
Well of course they could professionally test the pills and say yep that's pure MDMA alrighty and then the kid goes and takes 3 or 4 of them when they've only taken 2 or even none before plus a heap of booze and go dancing frenetically and dehydrates with runaway overheating and dies. Then mum and dad call the ambulance chasers cos the AMA doc gave their tick of approval to the tablets and they need a whacking big payout to get over it naturally. Meanwhile glen and other like minded empathisers and would be social workers are nowhere to be seen sticking their hands in their pockets to help out with all the bereavement.

What a dumb rant, again.
I could say lots of things, but will only say this.
Yes i have empathy.

The rest of your ramblings are what Ive come to expect.
On the positive side, at least this one is almost coherent, so it is almost an improvement on your others.

Oh and by the way the doctors arent going to do the testing, theyre just advocating it, saying it may save lives.
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1714 on: January 26, 2019, 03:13:31 AM »
Anyone who believes pill testing works should perhaps listen to What Dr John Lewis has to say. He points out that can’t determine what’s in a pill just from a small scrape of it and you also cannot pre determine how ones body will react to a drug before they have taken it.

Tony woods lost his daughter Anna do MDMA. He also doesn’t believe it works. He said the day she died her friends took exactly the same pills as she did and were fine it’s just her body didn’t handle it.

If someone pays $500 for pills and they are tested and it comes back with an unknown substance. They aren’t going to throw the pills out they will offload it to some unsuspecting person and get their money back.

Why should I as a tax payer, have my taxes go towards helping people do an illegal activity? That’s like saying well people are allowed to steal cars but we just need to test their driving abilities first.

Who is going to pay the compensation when someone dies from a tested pill? Me the tax payer or the pill tester?

People keep saying it’s going to save lives. Where’s the evidence it works, how many lives have been saved elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #1715 on: January 26, 2019, 05:44:40 AM »
I’m on the fence with pill testing.....

At 47 I’ve just recently attended my first multiday music festivals.....yep was in the small percentage of the oldies, 95% were under 25yo

I sat back and watched the punters and wondered if pill testing would be effective or if it was needed.

Difficult to tell but the majority looked like they were having the time of their lives, and appeared to be mostly effected by alcohol

At the three day festival we only notice one girl being attended to by ambo’s that was in bad shape but we had no idea of the causes.

What is present at festivals is free STD or STI testing, I’m going to give it a go st the next festivals to confirm my thoughts about why it’s there......sure they cannot stop the transfer of STD’s but I reckon just like pill testing tents they have councilors/medical professions etc to st least have a conversation with the person which may change there habits and may just save the some headache down the track.

Pill testing tents,
- yep they might not be able to 100% analyze the pill but I reckon they would get some good indications. 
- hopefully it all goes into a database
- I believe I recommended any pill that is presented not to be taken,
- I don’t reckon they would say, yep it’s good quality MDMA go ahead and take it
*******the best thing by far is the person that present has to have a conversation to another person that has some sort of training, knowledge, expertise. Your hard core users would not be presenting anyway, if the conversation changes one kids mind that I’m happy with that. Be good if the data is shared with other events and authorities do they can link the drugs to the pushers.

Cost? Well the tax payer already funds plenty of other bad habits.....this is just another. Smokers come to mind.

I’d be happy if event organizers were made to chip into the costs of running the tents......that if tax payers dollars are used.

I wouldn’t mind betting the testing tents would mostly be self funded.

Will it stop deaths, NO

The conversation will hopefully educate and or change somebodies mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:46:16 AM by weeds »

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1716 on: January 26, 2019, 06:22:57 AM »
I’m on the fence with pill testing.....

Cost? Well the tax payer already funds plenty of other bad habits.....this is just another. Smokers come to mind.

Don’t forget the amount smokers pay in tax when they buy a pack.

Bought a what?

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1717 on: January 26, 2019, 06:35:14 AM »
Don’t forget the amount smokers pay in tax when they buy a pack.

Pretty sure people who take drugs also pay tax every other day......

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #1718 on: January 26, 2019, 06:53:18 AM »

They may or may not do, but they would never pay anywhere near as much tax as smokers do.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1719 on: January 26, 2019, 07:15:38 AM »
Turns out one of the music festival OD might have been a snake bite. Pretty sure I would know if a snake bit me though.
https://tendaily.com.au/news/australia/a190109dif/beyond-the-valley-festival-death-snake-venom-found-in-revellers-blood-20190109
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1720 on: January 26, 2019, 07:22:36 AM »
I'm on the fence about the testing. As mentioned they can only test for so much from a small sample. And who is going to say it is "safe"

They should also have a display of a typical meth lab, so they get an idea of the conditions they are made in.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1721 on: January 26, 2019, 07:30:27 AM »
Turns out one of the music festival OD might have been a snake bite. Pretty sure I would know if a snake bit me though.
https://tendaily.com.au/news/australia/a190109dif/beyond-the-valley-festival-death-snake-venom-found-in-revellers-blood-20190109
Not if you took enough dodgy pills before it got you. ;)
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1722 on: January 26, 2019, 07:36:29 AM »
Not if you took enough dodgy pills before it got you. ;)
Or alcohol

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1723 on: January 26, 2019, 08:04:15 AM »

Sorry but what is the tax on MDMA?

Bought a what?

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1724 on: January 26, 2019, 08:25:24 AM »
Yep You smokers just keep telling it yourself that it OK to smoke as you pay more tax and the system will look after you.

most Aussies pay tax, we live in a lucky country with a good medical system that doesn’t discriminate.

Smokers piss me off at festivals.....