Author Topic: Whats making news in 2018 edition  (Read 98782 times)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »
I can't understand why restaurant management did not intervene and the police called.
Great way to have your evening spoiled by idiot protesters. Simple trespass laws apply or at least a breach of the peace, ask them to leave, if they do not leave or return they should be charged.
management and staff would have been severely outnumbered...was 35 of the clowns invaded the place, so very hard for the store to deal with that situation.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2018, 07:30:31 PM »
I'd like to have been there..............would take delight in using one of their megaphones to out to all the vegans and vegetarians that the cow was also a vegan or vegetarian, and it's now on my table with a knife in it....................................take that as some suggestive advice  ;D

Then ask the chef for a blue steak and grin at them as I ate it.........just to get them really riled up.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2018, 07:49:35 PM »
https://www.echo.net.au/2018/01/1000-skinny-dip-guess-well-just-cop/
Seariously the world has gone mad and I just want to jump off.
"But soon after they emerged from the water a police 4WD vehicle drove up and officers issued them each with a penalty notice for ‘offensive behaviour’ at the maximum fine of $500."

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:51:11 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »
If god (insert own deity)  didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them so tasty?  ;D

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:04 PM »
https://www.echo.net.au/2018/01/1000-skinny-dip-guess-well-just-cop/
Seariously the world has gone mad and I just want to jump off.
"But soon after they emerged from the water a police 4WD vehicle drove up and officers issued them each with a penalty notice for ‘offensive behaviour’ at the maximum fine of $500."

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

I love the line from the 60 year old offender, "Ms McLean said she thought the issue was ‘a grey area for police’.
Maybe a Brazilian is needed for the 60 yo when nude bathing, then there would be no grey area.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2018, 08:10:34 PM »
If god (insert own deity)  didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them so tasty?  ;D

And why we got both canine teeth as well as molars, I'm guessing so we can eat both steak and chips, oh and salad on the side if we must.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2018, 10:53:45 AM »
Online everything.. its the future.

Japan raps Coincheck, orders broader checks after $530 million cryptocurrency theft

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese authorities said on Monday they would investigate all cryptocurrency exchanges in the country for security gaps and ordered Coincheck to raise its standards after hackers stole $530 million of digital money from the Tokyo-based exchange.

The theft - one of the world’s biggest cyberheists - highlights the vulnerabilities in trading an asset that policymakers are struggling to regulate, as well as the broader risks for Japan as it aims to leverage the fintech industry to stimulate economic growth.

The Financial Services Agency (FSA) on Monday ordered improvements to operations at Coincheck, which on Friday suspended trading in all cryptocurrencies except bitcoin after hackers stole 58 billion yen ($534 million) of NEM coins, among the most popular digital currencies in the world.

Coincheck said on Sunday it would repay about 90 percent, though it has yet to figure out how or when.

The NEM coins were stored in a “hot wallet” instead of the more secure “cold wallet”, which operates on platforms not directly connected to the internet, Coincheck said. It also does not use an extra layer of security known as a multi-signature system.

The hack has drawn into focus Japan’s approach to regulating cryptocurrency exchanges. Last year, it became the first country to regulate exchanges at the national level - a move that won praise for boosting innovation and protecting consumers, contrasting sharply with crackdowns in South Korea and China.

The FSA said it ordered Coincheck to submit a report on the hack and measures for preventing a recurrence by Feb. 13.

It added it would conduct hearings with other exchanges after their operators had run their own checks. If any problems or weaknesses with security were found during the course of the hearings, the FSA would also conduct onsite inspections.

The regulator also said it had yet to confirm whether Coincheck had sufficient funds for the reimbursement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-cryptocurrency/japan-raps-coincheck-orders-broader-checks-after-530-million-cryptocurrency-theft-idUSKBN1FI06S
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
Criminal.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/30/abc-dismantles-sound-libraries-and-axes-staff-to-improve-budget

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »
Criminal.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jan/30/abc-dismantles-sound-libraries-and-axes-staff-to-improve-budget

Cheers Glen
"...Staff were told that the 373,000 vinyl records “will be dealt with following the transfer of CDs”. No changes have been announced for the ABC’s archives of film and tape."

Ebay anyone? LOL
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2018, 06:51:33 AM »
Is that a Landrover he's driving..   Poor Bugger, Reckon it must have been  fatigue, I mean 2000 K's of cramped awkward driving position inside a noisy hot alloy can , forever correcting a wandering steering and trying to find gears in a bucket of mud, Would wear anyone down..  only kidding ... Survivor of many a long distance uncomfortable  drive in a 2A / S3 landy ;D ;D
Either that or they Breed them special up Kybong way . .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:45:11 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2018, 08:43:09 AM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/queensland-police-footage-shows-man-towing-his-blazing-trailer-along-bruce-highway/news-story/87cc25608cfe0dbdf42a61d1e21fbaa6
WTF?

"Police received further information to suggest the driver had travelled approximately 20km while fully engulfed in flames... "

Were his mirrors broken?
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
shame when they disarmed him they didn't give him the same treatment as he gave the cashier.. fukin druggo piece of Shit.

An Australian father is being hailed a hero for his role in foiling an armed robbery at his local supermarket.

Manuel Melgarejo was shopping with his wife and young daughter at their local Aldi in Albion Park Rail on the New South Wales South Coast on a Sunday in January last year, when an armed and out-of-control Mervyn Davidson stormed into the store.

Drug-fuelled and welding a baseball bat, Davidson approached the nearest cashier demanding money, before swinging the bat and striking the cashier on the left side of her face.

"The cashier was taken to Wollongong Hospital with bleeding on the brain and facial fractures."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/01/30/13/52/aldi-robber-on-ice-armed-with-bat-foiled-by-dad
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »
WTF?

"Police received further information to suggest the driver had travelled approximately 20km while fully engulfed in flames... "

Were his mirrors broken?

It wasn't the trailer that was on fire, it was all the oil leaking out of the Landy on fire I think. :cup:
Bit like a nitro funny car fire really.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »
WTF?

Were his mirrors broken?
He passed his caravan owners license. ;D

You drove along for 20km oblivious to the traffic disaster you’ve created behind you?
You’ve passed son! Now go out there and buy yourself a nice 30 foot van. :cheers:
The following users thanked this post: tryagain

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2018, 12:00:41 PM »
WTF?

Were his mirrors broken?
The trailer had no wheels?
Wonder why it caught fire?
Retards!

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »
Oh, fair go, it had wheels when he set off.  :D

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »
The trailer had no wheels?
Wonder why it caught fire?
Retards!

Cheers Glen

Turns out when asked his name he replied "Sparky"  ;D ;D ;D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2018, 12:29:31 PM »
Quote from: Pete79

You drove along for 20km oblivious to the traffic disaster you’ve created behind you?
You’ve passed son! Now go out there and buy yourself a nice 30 foot van. :cheers:
My god I so wanna see that posted on the Grey Nomad and Caravanners forums  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2018, 12:32:36 PM »
OOps

SECRET government documents have been sold at a second-hand shop in Canberra containing details of the inner workings of five separate federal governments.

Thousands of pages of documents were purchased at the shop which sells ex-government furniture inside two locked filing cabinets.

The ABC, which has been publishing cabinet documents for the past three days, revealed this afternoon that the two filing cabinets were purchased for a “small charge” and is one of the “biggest breaches of cabinet security in Australian history”.

“Nearly all the files are classified, some as ‘top secret’ or AUSTEO’, which means they are to be seen by Australian eyes only,” the ABC says.

Cabinet papers are usually not publicly released until 20 years after their production.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/abc-obtained-cabinet-papers-in-locked-filing-cabinets-which-were-sold-at-a-canberra-auction/news-story/416539df30b6493f1db074b34121aa50
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
Bit like the bloke up Darwin way years ago that bought a couple of big containers from a scrappy for tool boxes .. That had some Sidewinder type Air to air missiles in them ..
The Defence Department  wasnt happy when he tried  to sell them back to them ...  ;D   Bastards came and took them ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2018, 02:11:21 PM »
Quote from: edz
Bit like the bloke up Darwin way years ago that bought a couple of big containers from a scrappy for tool boxes .. That had some Sidewinder type Air to air missiles in them ..
The Defence Department  wasnt happy when he tried  to sell them back to them ...  ;D   Bastards came and took them ..

Nicely setup to read :)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-31/cabinet-files-reveal-inner-government-decisions/9168442
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2018, 06:42:38 PM »

:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »
Shame its knee jerk reaction :(

NSW crashes prompt united response from state road authorities and police Eastern states conduct 'largest ever' truck blitz

Assistant commissioner Michael Corboy, left, addresses the media about the blitz in a police video in the company of Roger Weeks
The spate of truck crashes in New South Wales has seen all states and territories including South Australia engage in Operation Rolling Thunder.

The blitz, coordinated  by NSW Police, involves NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) and the Victorian, Queensland, ACT, and South Australian police forces in what is described as "Australia’s largest ever heavy vehicle compliance operation

The operation that began at 6am, is "in direct response" to a two-day period of January 15-16, when three unrelated heavy vehicle crashes in NSW, at Jackadgery, Cooranbong and Brocklehurst, resulted five deaths.

NSW Police, consisting of more than 300 Highway Patrol and General Duties officers from metropolitan and regional areas, alongside 150 RMS inspectors are currently conducting inspections of heavy vehicles at various locations in NSW.

Queensland, Victorian, ACT, and South Australian police are conducting simultaneous operations "to ensure all heavy vehicles entering and leaving NSW are stopped, thoroughly inspected and drivers tested for drugs and alcohol"

https://www.fullyloaded.com.au/industry-news/1802/eastern-states-conduct-largest-ever-truck-blitz

Edit:

Interesting
https://www.bigrigs.com.au/news/natroad-slams-police-blitz-short-term/3324114/

"In fact, the statistics show that in collisions involving fatalities the truck was not at fault on 93% of occasions," he said.

"The statistics also show that in an analysis of truck crash incidents mechanical failures were inconsequential with a 3.5% incident level.  In that context, tyre failure accounted for 52% of losses attributed to a mechanical fault. 

"It is the behaviour of other drivers around heavy vehicles that requires attention, a matter that is best solved through education especially at the stage of getting a licence to drive," Mr Clark said.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:10:30 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Online tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »
Shame its knee jerk reaction :(

Edit:

Interesting
https://www.bigrigs.com.au/news/natroad-slams-police-blitz-short-term/3324114/

"In fact, the statistics show that in collisions involving fatalities the truck was not at fault on 93% of occasions," he said.

"The statistics also show that in an analysis of truck crash incidents mechanical failures were inconsequential with a 3.5% incident level.  In that context, tyre failure accounted for 52% of losses attributed to a mechanical fault. 

"It is the behaviour of other drivers around heavy vehicles that requires attention, a matter that is best solved through education especially at the stage of getting a licence to drive," Mr Clark said.

I am always very suspicious of statistics without a source especially coupled with the outrage, how about something like
"We welcome the increased scrutiny as it will show that the vast majority of Truck drivers are doing the right thing but believe it should apply to all vehicles, not just heavy vehicles, to ensure our roads are safe."