Author Topic: Whats making news in 2018 edition  (Read 91531 times)

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
Re: Re: What's making news today? 2017 Edition
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2018, 09:49:14 PM »
Qld news today reports Qld Driver's Licences will no longer state that the holder is a male or female after complaints from the LGBTI that it was discriminatory. Appears they do not know if they are male or female ???

Also the height of the holder will also not be stated as that is also discriminatory.  ???

Seriously when will this absolute stupidity stop.  Why do minority groups have so much power?

I wish the media would state who gave the final decision. Who is the idiot who said, 'yep, that is a brilliant idea'.  Name and shame them. Sad really that their greatest achievement in life is to make these kind of decisions.  What is next, no photo as that is discriminatory. What the hell, how about a licence is no longer needed.....

Kevin

I just read this post after seeing the previous post. Don't know what the big deal is, NSW licences don't show any of that info now.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline bkim

• Swag User
Re: Whats making news in 2018 edition
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2018, 12:23:14 AM »
Friend of mine (serving police officer) said the info details including gender are now encrypted in the chip on the new QLD licenses, so it isn't required to be printed on the license card

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2018, 07:05:00 AM »
I just read this post after seeing the previous post. Don't know what the big deal is, NSW licences don't show any of that info now.

Yep and there is no reason to have the details on the licence because of advances in technology, but the news article also says,

'“TMR has received complaints and suggestions from members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community about displaying gender/sex (M or F) on TMR cards,” the leaked document said.
The leaked document also claimed personal information such as a person’s hair and eye colour was also scrubbed because it could be potentially “perceived as discriminatory”.'

And that was my point. If the reason was only because of advances in technology then no big deal, but why did the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) make a deal about appeasing a minority group.  And will the next step be that they can not ask those questions and so they will not be recorded?  Just saying.      Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2018, 08:54:26 AM »
Quote from: krisandkev
The leaked document also claimed personal information such as a person’s hair and eye colour was also scrubbed because it could be potentially “perceived as discriminatory”.'
how the **** is that discriminatory in any way shape or form ???
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »
how the **** is that discriminatory in any way shape or form ???
Ginga Ninja  ;D ;D ;D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2018, 10:52:51 AM »
Used to be, but now it would be described as "having highlights" so that makes me feel like I'm being picked on! >:D ;D
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2018, 03:25:09 PM »
As you do in the nanny state-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/deaf-mum-sues-little-mix-promoter-because-she-couldnt-understand-concert/ar-AAv7vwD
so she was offered free tickets to bring her own interpreter but knocked that offer back...will be interesting to see how this pans out, every concert / event held anywhere would need an interpreter if she wins
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2018, 03:52:40 PM »
Theres a fair chance these guys did make it after all .. The authorities seem to have just wanted it all to go away and stay with line
 the escapee's  never made it out  alive ..Interesting though ...
Ive always reckoned they did ..
https://nypost.com/2018/01/24/why-family-believes-alcatraz-escapees-survived-their-journey/
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline corndog

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »
Will the movie theatre have to supply seeing eye dogs for blind movie goers?????

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »
Australian day protester in Melb calls for Australia to get f...d and hopes Australia f....g burns.

Great way to start some dialogue towards reconciliation, not doing their cause any good. ??? ??? ???
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
Australian day protester in Melb calls for Australia to get f...d and hopes Australia f....g burns.

Great way to start some dialogue towards reconciliation, not doing their cause any good. ??? ??? ???
Most likely not even born here...

I've just been having a robust conversation on BookFace with a couple of wankers, one of whom I know though an old performance car club and his brother.  His whole family immigrated from the UK, but because they a white fellas trip visiting a few communities, they're both experts on what the indigenous people and those like me with blood lineage want...

I'm a massive advocate of love it or leave.  You carry on like that bloke today - find somewhere to deport him to, I'll pass the hat to pay for the flight

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2018, 08:01:44 PM »
Most likely not even born here...

I've just been having a robust conversation on BookFace with a couple of wankers, one of whom I know though an old performance car club and his brother.  His whole family immigrated from the UK, but because they a white fellas trip visiting a few communities, they're both experts on what the indigenous people and those like me with blood lineage want...

I'm a massive advocate of love it or leave.  You carry on like that bloke today - find somewhere to deport him to, I'll pass the hat to pay for the flight

Not sure SHE would take you offer, she's not an immigrant either, she was an indigenous protester whipping up hysteria.

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2018, 08:22:51 PM »

I only heard about it on the radio... Everyone can be shipped off somewhere if they try hard enough I reckon!

Pretty ordinary way to try to make an impression though

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »
She was the one that when told she couldnt have a permit for her protest march today , told them to get stuffed its our land and we will do what want.  Why the hell didnt they enforce the law.
Australia day is a day for all Australians to come together to celebrate no matter what the colour of your skin or the religion you follow why dont these trouble making  twats carry out their protests on the 22nd of August?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2018, 10:27:13 PM »
She was the one that when told she couldnt have a permit for her protest march today , told them to get stuffed its our land and we will do what want.  Why the hell didnt they enforce the law
we cant offend people now can we ????
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline corndog

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
we cant offend people now can we ????
Your right. We can't offend people. But why do people that I can't offend have the right to offend me???

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
Camper - Customline

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2018, 05:43:49 PM »
Lefties at it again...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/vegan-protesters-storm-melbourne-steak-restaurant/news-story/a99c20f1de1e59e027b097b239da9eb1

They should have been thrown out.
It's one thing to Demonstrate in a public place, It's quite another thing to invade private property to do it.
The people in there as customers, were there as guests, at the invitation of the business.
Why can't the patrons/guests be protected from this thinly disguised anarchy.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's,
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
HDJ105r coming soon.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
Lefties at it again...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/vegan-protesters-storm-melbourne-steak-restaurant/news-story/a99c20f1de1e59e027b097b239da9eb1

I can't understand why restaurant management did not intervene and the police called.
Great way to have your evening spoiled by idiot protesters. Simple trespass laws apply or at least a breach of the peace, ask them to leave, if they do not leave or return they should be charged.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
A bloke known to  :police: was allegedly using a sawn off shot gun to hold up a grog shop .
 :police: arrived & planted 6 of the best into him  . That's a really good start  . Said bloke is now TU  ( tits up  ) with a toe tag  .
That's a good start  & more power to their arm  .                                :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »
Lefties at it again...

If I was a patron I would have been tempted to sacrifice a bit of my steak and pop it in their mouth as they were chanting.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2018, 06:34:37 PM »
If the customers weren’t eating the steak then the cow died in vain.

Reality is if no one eats steak then cows won’t be breed and farmed so what exactly are they saving?
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:05 PM »
Lefties at it again...
No lefty is a vegan. We're all meat and potatoes people(and chicken, pork fish, venison, rabbit, whatever I can catch I'll eat).
They're feel good raving lunatics. My nephew is one, but I know he eats meat when alone. His girlfriend is 100kg+, you dont get that big eating lentils and tofu.
Everyone loves bacon. Even Muslims get up at midnight when no ones looking and eat bacon. How is it possible to live in a world without it?

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.