Author Topic: 17MY Mitsubishi Triton - Interior  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Mitsubishi Australia

• Sleeping Bag User
    • Mitsubishi Motors Australia
17MY Mitsubishi Triton - Interior
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:05:43 AM »

The MY17 Triton’s interior is made from premium materials with industrial strength. Spacious and durable, the Mitsubishi Triton combines the interior comforts of a passenger car with the durability and off road performance of a work ute.

Find out more about the Triton HERE.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 17MY Mitsubishi Triton - Interior
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »
Have you changed that ridiculous material on the door trim above the arm rest that marks permanently when the seat belt buckle hits it. My MQ is just over 12 months old and the door trim is trashed.

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »
Have you changed that ridiculous material on the door trim above the arm rest that marks permanently when the seat belt buckle hits it. My MQ is just over 12 months old and the door trim is trashed.

I'm confused. There is some cloth immediately above the arm rest, and the rest of the trim is the same durable textured plastic that is on the doors and inside of the door pillars.
Mine after 18 months doesn't have a mark on it, and when I undo the seatbelt, the buckle doesn't get anywhere near the door trim, let alone hit it.
I do hold the belt/buckle while it retracts about half the way, before releasing it (which is what I've always done in every car I've driven). I guess if you just press the release and let it fly it could hit the door, depending on where you have the seat positioned.
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 07:24:13 PM »
Mine is a GXL and has a plastic panel above the arm rest and is pock marked from the buckle. The cloth material on the drivers seat base has come apart which started at around the 10 month mark. Currently with the dealer for a warranty claim.