Author Topic: Facebook Group, I Got Bogged at Inskip Point  (Read 39353 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Facebook Group, I Got Bogged at Inskip Point
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 06:10:40 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
Oh that's right, people don't like trucks.
 >:D
I'd rather travel with trucks.. Always have.. I used to travel interstate on teh bike at night for that reason..

Trucks are a lot more predictable than ****stains who catch trains mon-Friday for 12mths then think they can drive 12-15 hours nonstop to get to their destination... 2hrs into the drive they are already nodding...
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo
The following users thanked this post: Hairs

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 06:41:48 PM »
someones comment from earlier today
I think the bogan dickheads who position themselves waiting for people to get stuck for entertainment are losers
I think someone may have been featured and are not happy about it

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »
relaxing holiday...
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 06:53:59 PM »
someones comment from earlier todayI think someone may have been featured and are not happy about it

Maybe not. I go to places to fish and relax, not swill on beer and sit around places like Carlo Rocks, Ngkala etc waiting for some poor bastard to bugger their vehicle. Why are these people there in the first place?
I bet they'd all be experts too, graduating from the 4x4 Action University for Small Endowed Persons.
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'97 300TDi Disco1
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'02 Goldie Wing 1

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 06:56:28 PM »
I bet they'd all be experts too, graduating from the 4x4 Action University for Small Endowed Persons.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
Maybe not. I go to places to fish and relax, not swill on beer and sit around places like Carlo Rocks, Ngkala etc waiting for some poor bastard to bugger their vehicle. Why are these people there in the first place?
was multiple people fishing there yesterday, and also people like ourselves that were relaxing watching our kids play in the shallow water of the Western side of where the vehicles drive out to get the barges...it's pretty busy there currently with people camping at Inskip for school holidays also. The only people that appeared to be there for other reasons, were the guy in the black Patrol with the bonnet scoop (he was sitting on a chair under a tree solely waiting for vehicles to get bogged), and another local in a white 100 series (though he also appeared to be there relaxing at times also, just very eager to volunteer to recover stuck people...probably likes the free beers...lol)
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Annieandandy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »
I'll take getting bogged at Inskip over getting caught in traffic to work any day.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »
I'll take getting bogged at Inskip over getting caught in traffic to work any day.
dunno myself, atleast in traffic you are in air con with the stereo playing...it's mid thirty degree temps at the moment and very hot out on that sand whilst trying to recover vehicles, doesn't take long at all to get hot sweaty and dehydrated....doesn't sound fun to me. Can only imagine the nagging some people got from their partners after being bogged there for over half an hour, a few vehicles we saw stuck their for an hour as people drove very close by them at speed, pretty dangerous for them it was.

Offline Annieandandy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
dunno myself, atleast in traffic you are in air con with the stereo playing...it's mid thirty degree temps at the moment and very hot out on that sand whilst trying to recover vehicles, doesn't take long at all to get hot sweaty and dehydrated....doesn't sound fun to me. Can only imagine the nagging some people got from their partners after being bogged there for over half an hour, a few vehicles we saw stuck their for an hour as people drove very close by them at speed, pretty dangerous for them it was.

Yep it's not fun at the time but after the the event it's a no brainer.

Offline Beachman

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2017, 08:13:49 AM »
I returned from Fraser on the Weekend and I was looking at this Facebook page very carefully before I left. Seeing I was towing the Camper I was adamant I wouldn’t end up on the page as my mates would never stop laughing at me, so I put my tyres down to 14 PSI and made it a piece of cake. That’s also driving around 2 bogged 4WD’s at the beginning on the track.

On a side note Ngkala rocks is currently passable via the beach at dead low tide which caught a lot of people out coming home as it meant they had to use the bypass track. Let’s just say it was like a car park and again didn’t want to get stuck myself, put the tyres down to 12 PSI and got over first time. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:39:22 PM by Beachman »

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 11:35:03 AM »
I returned from Fraser on the Weekend and I was looking at this Facebook page very carefully before I left. Seeing I was towing the Camper I was adamant I wouldn’t end up on the page as my mates would never stop laughing at me so I put my tyres down to 14PSI and made it a piece of cake. That’s also having to drive around 2 bogged 4WD’s at the beginning on the track.

On a side note Nagala rocks is currently passable on the beach at dead low tide which caught a lot of people out coming home when they had to use the bypass track. Let’s just say it was like a car park and again didn’t want to get stuck myself, so put the tyres down to 12 PSI and got over first time.
Ngkala was like that a few months ago also, we got there about 2 hours after low on the run back from Sandy Cape and went over the rocks as the water was up to much then (saw a few try and dodge the waves but got a salt water bath)

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
All these people getting bogged at Inskip Point make me laugh ,

The first time I was there ( some years back  - early 1999 ) myself and my then 2 teenage kids went for a drive , the camping area was chock a block with campers and we continued on , past a big sign - 4x4 vehicles only past this point - and out towards the ferry .

We watched several 4x4's get bogged - several more driving through very deep water getting onto the ferry and a couple needed winching onto the ferry .

After a while I got bored so I fired up my 5 Litre V8 Holden VK Calais and we drove back along the beach , past the sign , past the campers and laughed about all the wankers with their blinged up 4x4's all the way back to Gympie.

cheers duggie
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »
Quote from: duggie
All these people getting bogged at Inskip Point make me laugh ,

The first time I was there ( some years back  - early 1999 ) myself and my then 2 teenage kids went for a drive , the camping area was chock a block with campers and we continued on , past a big sign - 4x4 vehicles only past this point - and out towards the ferry .

We watched several 4x4's get bogged - several more driving through very deep water getting onto the ferry and a couple needed winching onto the ferry .

After a while I got bored so I fired up my 5 Litre V8 Holden VK Calais and we drove back along the beach , past the sign , past the campers and laughed about all the wankers with their blinged up 4x4's all the way back to Gympie.

cheers duggie
Similar we used to get old paddock bashers (usually old HT's etc or the milk truck I've posted before ;D ) and head out to Boat Harbour beach to blisso's shack, and around the sand hills to the water hole in summer... being good kind considerate teenagers we'd pull up next to the bogged 4wds and ask if they needed a hand.. the replies were rarely complamentary with a pack of 14-17 yr olds in a car with no bonnet, no windows and had usually had quite a few beers offering to drag out their 50k 4wd.
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
Reminds me of this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuRKuBkS8A

! No longer available Small | Large

Momentum makes a big difference, Don't know that the speed she had to travel at to keep it going was necessarily safe but didn't see her getting stuck.
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
Went down to Inskip this morning. Dropped the tyres down to 12psi and crawled righr through with a worry. Had a poke around then pulled up and within 10 mins the cutting was blocked both lanes. After about 10 minutes i went over to see if i could help. One of the stuck trucks and hus camper were about to be snatched backwards.  All sweet until i see the strap hooked over the towball of the recovering  vehicle.  At that point i turned and walked away.  We saw 2 recovery points get torn of a navara. Both times the snatch strap and shackle went flying back towards the tow car. The second time it hit the back door.  We sat for an hour and a half watching the chaos unfold. Very unsafe practices being used in every recovery. Amazing to watch.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2017, 01:07:39 AM »
Dunno if it's just me, but watching some of those vides, it looks like its becoming a bit of a spectator sport.

Grab the family/mates, the awning, throw some sausages in the fridge and set yourself up on the side lines and enjoy the show.

Supose if your a local, there is fk all else to do, not a bad way for a little earn on the side.

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:22 AM »
Dunno if it's just me, but watching some of those vides, it looks like its becoming a bit of a spectator sport.

Grab the family/mates, the awning, throw some sausages in the fridge and set yourself up on the side lines and enjoy the show.

Supose if your a local, there is fk all else to do, not a bad way for a little earn on the side.
There were blokes down there with couches. One dude even had a megaphone to give a very humorous commentary.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:21 AM »
Yeah on one clip last night there looked like a few hundred watching.............People are crowding the tracks and thats making it worse. It needs to rain to harden it up or something is going to turn to sh!t in a bigway and someone will get hurt. Some of the recoveries are bad enough without spectators wandering into the fray.

The local copper needs to go and set up a breathaliser that will get rid of a few people as well

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2017, 06:51:57 AM »
The place would be deserted.
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2017, 06:56:50 AM »
What it needs is people to deflate their tyres lower then 18 psi, then they won't get bogged and nobody will have anything to watch. The sand isn't the issue, it's the clueless drivers the problem. Someone will get killed there one day in a recovery gone wrong, due to the bad techniques being used or even impatient drivers racing close past bogged vehicles,  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet actually.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2017, 08:19:48 AM »
What it needs is people to deflate their tyres lower then 18 psi, then they won't get bogged and nobody will have anything to watch. The sand isn't the issue, it's the clueless drivers the problem. Someone will get killed there one day in a recovery gone wrong, due to the bad techniques being used or even impatient drivers racing close past bogged vehicles,  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet actually.

Thought the same thing looking at some of them the other day - apparently pretty clueless group just of the side of the track, all standing around saying "WTF do we do now" ???, while other cars are passing them at 40k, 2m's away :'(

Maybe they need a big sign at the end of the bitumen "Reduce tyre pressure to 18psi here" & every once in a while, someone official ( :police: or Transport) needs to set up & ensure it's being done ??? They do it with snow chains down South, why not with sand tyre pressure up here ???
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2017, 08:20:39 AM »
What it needs is people to deflate their tyres lower then 18 psi, then they won't get bogged and nobody will have anything to watch.
And where would the fun be in that  :angel:

The sand isn't the issue, it's the clueless drivers the problem. Someone will get killed there one day in a recovery gone wrong, due to the bad techniques being used or even impatient drivers racing close past bogged vehicles,  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet actually.
Yep, Agree.
Sheer luck atm.
Then watch as Sh1t3 it's the fan, court cases, people crying it's not my fault.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2017, 08:49:20 AM »
Inskip is a non event. Coming off the barge yesterday towing the near 2t camper we stopped and started 6 odd times, changed tracks, and drove up around a bogged caravan at the start of the cutting. You'd be a complete numpty to bugger it up - and there are plenty haha.
They will finally get some rain today and the site will go quiet again.

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »
Inskip is a non event. Coming off the barge yesterday towing the near 2t camper we stopped and started 6 odd times, changed tracks, and drove up around a bogged caravan at the start of the cutting. You'd be a complete numpty to bugger it up - and there are plenty haha.
They will finally get some rain today and the site will go quiet again.
Was raining when we left at 545 this morning.

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
Was raining when we left at 545 this morning.
I could have used some yesterday towing back over the woralie rd.

EDIT: I've just seen on Higgins Stormchasing, a tornado has gone straight through our campsite and continued down to River Heads where it destroyed a house. We were very lucky not to be there. I have mates heading up to the same camp today so maybe they can send me some photos.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:28:48 AM by GBC »