Author Topic: Masters Sale  (Read 49823 times)

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Masters Sale
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2016, 03:37:12 PM »
They already have lodged the legal action.

Lowes want to appoint an external administrator to the joint venture vehicle "Hydrox Holdings" rather than Woolworths current approach to sell from within.
Like I said. I heard!! Didn't mean it was right ;)
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline peter01

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • live the -
    • http://ourezytrail.blogspot.com.au/
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »
bit more detail

2014 GLXR Triton
2015 Blue Water - FF Darling camper

Our blog:     http://ourezytrail.blogspot.com.au/

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2016, 06:03:41 AM »
The plot thickens   Thanks Peter  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
Masters Sale
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
I have discovered why they went broke.

Stocking these:
Really? I know when it comes to ground pepper, first thing I think of is reaching for power tools. The more I think of it though, the blower could have some uses....

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:59:09 PM by Hoyks »

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »
I have discovered why they went broke.

Stocking these:
Really? I know when it comes to ground pepper, first thing I think of is reaching for power tools. The more I think of it though, the blower could have some uses....

Stocking nothing would send anyone broke......  ;D
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
They were on my phone, I was on the laptop.

A couple for the novelty I could understand, but a whole shelf full?

They also had a cloth cutting attachment, very handy if you are doing lots of fiber glassing and they cut carbon fiber well too.
https://www.bosch-do-it.com/au/en/diy/tools/ixo-collection-universal-cutting-adapter-3165140776363-category-pmdb-id.jsp

Offline Luckymiles

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2016, 09:38:34 PM »
Gotta wonder about some of these places sometimes !!
I wonder if that has something to do with the twin pack being keyed alike.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Offline Luckymiles

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
If you have a warranty issue, the retailer is the first point of call. As Masters is gone come December, you do not have direct warranty contact.

I'd suggest you buy elsewhere. 8)
I thought I read that they would still provide warranty services after the stores closed.

Offline Luckymiles

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2016, 10:05:50 PM »
I once went to masters to see if they sold step drill bits. They did for about 70 bucks for one. (might have been Bosch).

Bunnings had them for about 20 bucks for a three pack of different sizes.

Masters might have been good if I was an apprentice and wanted top quality that would last forever but I wanted to drill a couple of holes. Done and dusted and I still have them years later.

DIY and home handyman stuff needs to be affordable otherwise people are not going to buy it.

Offline scblack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2016, 08:38:38 AM »
I thought I read that they would still provide warranty services after the stores closed.

Yep, they will. But where from???

Masters stores are shutting down.

The distributor may be the point of call. Where are they? Who are they? Are you prepared to freight a mower interstate?

Or BigW/Woolworths may handle them. Does anyone there have a clue about the hardware products at all? How many mowers do you see at Woolworths?

Warranty will be handled, but it will be a massive pain in the arse to deal with once stores are shut.

I will buy somewhere that will be open in a few months time thanks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:40:49 AM by scblack »
VW Amarok Highline 2016
Jayco Swan Outback 2015

A man must believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2016, 08:47:16 AM »
Quote from: Luckymiles
I once went to masters to see if they sold step drill bits. They did for about 70 bucks for one. (might have been Bosch).

Bunnings had them for about 20 bucks for a three pack of different sizes.

Masters might have been good if I was an apprentice and wanted top quality that would last forever but I wanted to drill a couple of holes. Done and dusted and I still have them years later.

DIY and home handyman stuff needs to be affordable otherwise people are not going to buy it.

So the fact they sell quality gear instead of cheap Chinese Shit like Bunnings is a bad thing ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
So the fact they sell quality gear instead of cheap Chinese Shit like Bunnings is a bad thing ???
Bunnings also sell quality drill bits, but they cater for the cheap crap side a s well.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2016, 09:19:23 AM »
In BNE atm I notice Ego; (56vt everything, well maybe not vibrators - you know,  wackaPackers LOL); .....are advertising like crazy on the radio. .....   explaining all the retailers that their products are (still) sold from..

But I couldn't help thinking, listening to the ads - that I bet they have taken a big hit with people reluctant to (otherwise) buy their products through masters - due to warranty worries. ...

(I am the happy owner of their mower and chainsaw; batteries and chargers....)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Luckymiles

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2016, 09:31:22 AM »
It sounds funny when you put what I said that way but I'm just thinking that if someone wants to do one small job they might be able to get away with using a cheaper brand.

For example I have a number of tradetools brand tools and for me they work well.

To expand on that I have a tradetools brush cutter that was maybe $200. If I was to buy a top quality one like stihl I would be looking at say $900-$1200.

If you had someone that wants to make a shelf and got a drill for $30 and they could do the one job and be happy, how could they really justify a $300 name brand with a 2-5 year warranty for ten times the price.

So I think there is a place for cheaper items and Bunnings has tapped into that with instructional how tos and stuff for the average person to get in and give it a go without a cost that is prohibitive.

Obviously if you have the money and want the best buy things like snapon tools and stihl and stuff as they are good quality and should last for many many years.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:34:19 AM by Luckymiles »

Offline Luckymiles

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2016, 09:50:57 AM »
In BNE atm I notice Ego; (56vt everything, well maybe not vibrators - you know,  wackaPackers LOL); .....are advertising like crazy on the radio. .....   explaining all the retailers that their products are (still) sold from..

But I couldn't help thinking, listening to the ads - that I bet they have taken a big hit with people reluctant to (otherwise) buy their products through masters - due to warranty worries. ...

(I am the happy owner of their mower and chainsaw; batteries and chargers....)

Yeah I think a mate of mine has the whipper snipper and chainsaw and he was really happy with them. He took them camping last time so we could clear a bit around our tent and fire area and then chop a bit of wood for the camp ovens and it worked well and I've considered buying one now

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:56:22 AM by Luckymiles »

KingBilly

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2016, 05:41:13 PM »
In BNE atm I notice Ego, blah, blah ...

What warranty issues?  What are you babbling about?  You buy an EGO product, register the purchase online and the warranty is good for five years.  Warranty, service and spare parts will be handled through Woolworths https://www.masters.com.au/diy-projects-ideas/support-help/masters-news

If EGO are taking a "big hit", it not noticeable at my local Masters.  All EGO products are close to selling out.  I was hanging out for the discount to increase but had to buy what I wanted today as the shelves are nearly empty.

KB

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2016, 08:00:38 PM »
Warranties shouldn't be an issue either
Woolworths Limited (Woolworths) has agreed three separate contracts to facillitate its exit from its Home Improvement business.

Masters will cease trading at all stores on or before 11 December 2016.

Woolworths will honour all customer gift cards, product warranties, returns, lay-bys and contracted home improvement projects and will work constructively with all suppliers.

https://www.masters.com.au/diy-projects-ideas/support-help/masters-news

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2016, 08:32:05 PM »
It sounds funny when you put what I said that way but I'm just thinking that if someone wants to do one small job they might be able to get away with using a cheaper brand.

For example I have a number of tradetools brand tools and for me they work well.

To expand on that I have a tradetools brush cutter that was maybe $200. If I was to buy a top quality one like stihl I would be looking at say $900-$1200.

If you had someone that wants to make a shelf and got a drill for $30 and they could do the one job and be happy, how could they really justify a $300 name brand with a 2-5 year warranty for ten times the price.

So I think there is a place for cheaper items and Bunnings has tapped into that with instructional how tos and stuff for the average person to get in and give it a go without a cost that is prohibitive.

Obviously if you have the money and want the best buy things like snapon tools and stihl and stuff as they are good quality and should last for many many years.

Nicely put....   its "funny" on this forum how we sometimes may feel "obliged" to further explain what we mean....  due to some of the "questions" that get thrown up...  when its mostly self-evident what we are communicating . ...

I sometimes think these "questions" are a cry for attention: "look at me- look at me"   LOL....

These days I mostly ignore them...  you know .....  y a w n .....   

Love the banter and camaraderie here; love all the really useful information on here...  but as for the  y a w n s - well, you know....   LOL...

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.
The following users thanked this post: slave

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »
Nicely put....   its "funny" on this forum how we sometimes may feel "obliged" to further explain what we mean....  due to some of the "questions" that get thrown up...  when its mostly self-evident what we are communicating . ...

I sometimes think these "questions" are a cry for attention: "look at me- look at me"   LOL....

These days I mostly ignore them...  you know .....  y a w n .....   

Love the banter and camaraderie here; love all the really useful information on here...  but as for the  y a w n s - well, you know....   LOL...
"I" ignore them "too" cause "sometimes" people don't see "what they" are s"ay"ing can "mean" 2 "Differ"ent things, or they "may" not rea"l"ise that "sometimes" peo"le" complain" " about chea"p" chine"se" Shit then "hat"e to p"ay" for qua"lity" .- -.-. .... --- ---
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »
What warranty issues?  What are you babbling about?  You buy an EGO product, register the purchase online and the warranty is good for five years.  Warranty, service and spare parts will be handled through Woolworths https://www.masters.com.au/diy-projects-ideas/support-help/masters-news

If EGO are taking a "big hit", it not noticeable at my local Masters.  All EGO products are close to selling out.  I was hanging out for the discount to increase but had to buy what I wanted today as the shelves are nearly empty.

KB

how much was the chainsaw going for, as i've been wanting one for awhile now.
https://t.me/pump_upp

KingBilly

« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2016, 10:43:36 PM »
Gees mate, didn't look as I bought one not long ago when it was on special.  Most of the gardening stuff is 20% off but think chainsaws are only 15 off at the moment.  For a chainsaw price, look at another supplier, like Trade Tools, as they quote the same recommended retail as Masters but Masters seems to have pulled their stuff off their website.

KB
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:12:06 PM by KingBilly »

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2016, 08:14:38 AM »
"I" ignore them "too" cause "sometimes" people don't see "what they" are s"ay"ing can "mean" 2 "Differ"ent things, or they "may" not rea"l"ise that "sometimes" peo"le" complain" " about chea"p" chine"se" Shit then "hat"e to p"ay" for qua"lity" .- -.-. .... --- ---

Can someone re-boot Bird. He's gone on the "fritz"
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
i reckon there'd be a line up of people wanting to kick him  ;D ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »

nah that's how he talks in real life. he forgot to do google translate  >:D

swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »
Stick a Bable fish in your ear to translate for you  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust