Author Topic: how to deal with druggo neighbours?  (Read 33310 times)

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
how to deal with druggo neighbours?
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:58:34 PM »
hey everyone. bit of an issue with the feral grubs living next door.

bit of a back round.
the owner of the house rents out rooms to from what i can tell ex criminals/drug @#$% garbage. the owner lives there and is just as bad as them.

when i say they are feral im talking, blasting music at 2am, swearing their heads off. having arguments. there was even a punch up in the front yard.

and on Christmas day i was outside playing with my 4 year old daughter, and they were screaming out "Santa is fake, Christmas is a lie." now i was lucky that my daughter ignored them. but they also are abusive to my wife when I'm not home and she happens to be leaving the house.

i have called the cops many times regarding either the music or their behavior and if the cops even show up they have a quick talk to them and move on, and nothing changes.

I've had to refrain myself from going over there and just caving their skulls in. as i would be doing society a favour. but i just gotta keep reminding myself i got to much to lose.

i've contacted the council regarding the issue and they have gone to visit, but the owner is conveniently not home when they go. so they can't do anything. i have heard stories that the front steps on their house went missing for a couple weeks every year cause of debt collectors. cause apparently they are only allowed to go to the front door.

now my question, what the hell can i do that wont get me put in jail.

and before you mention it. we are currently looking to move but finances are very limited at the moment.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: how to deal with druggo neighbours?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
We have had a similar situation with feral neighbors for several years untill I confronted them 1 xmas day, after a few heated words 1 of them grabbed me by the arm and slung me around and onto the ground. Best thing they could have done for us, as I then had grounds to lay charges of assault, the police had to attend because of the assault and quietened them down as they were all drunk. They came back the next day when the ferals had sobered up and talked to them, then came and talked to me and asked if I wanted to press charges, I asked if I didn't press charges  immediately could I still proceed with them at a later date, the reply was yes. So I told the police to tell the ferals that I would hold the charges in obeyance until we had trouble ever again. That was 4 years ago and we haven't had any problems since.

Or you could start to build something, join the cfmeu, and ask Setka to give you a hand  >:D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »
Whatever you do, make sure with any/every interaction you have video recording for evidence. Keep a note/log book and write everything down. That way if it ever goes to court you have more than their word against yours.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline GFM449

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
I would definitely be installing a camera or two in my yard.... I feel for you buddy. Unfortunately sometimes its only worth fighting the fights you can win and this one appears a bit tricky...... You need to start having beers with the local copper......

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »
Feakn drugo housos.......   grrrrr

As seen on CH9's ACA - there may be not much you can do....   except move; when your finances become better.....

I really feel for you and your family. ...   I have had to endure unpleasant antisocial neighbours in the past  (nowhere as bad as your lot) - and it puts a big dampner on even being at home. ....

Does anyone know if a call into the ATO about "the landlord's suspected cash dealings with the rent" .... would work at all?

Only trouble with anything you do....   is that your neighbours will know that you are the suspected chief complainants in any matter.....   aka retaliations

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 05:30:42 PM »
They already know its me. And I've already fitted cameras on the house for that reason. And I'm pretty sure they won't take a swing at me. As they seem to know the law quite well. A bit like they have had a lot of experience with the cops. The council is also trying to chase up the owner cause the owner has built a room 500mm from the fence line and the law here is 1500mm but again it's been three months and nothing.

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 06:24:24 PM »
How to remove drug house from neighbourhood. ;D

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
Having been in your situation, for the inconvenience and expence, Do yourself a favour up stakes and move if renting to save your family the stress toll  and anguish of putting up with the trash 24 / 7 .
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:29:53 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »
How to remove drug house from neighbourhood. ;D

that thought has crossed my mind many times. trust me

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 07:40:36 PM »
I'm going through something similar here. Loud music as we speak. Police will get called very soon. I suppose the music is better than listening to domestic arguments, proper domestic arguments. The wife has moved out. Now just the husband being a f/wit.
The joys of it all.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 08:11:35 PM »
i feel your pain. there is about 6 or so living next door atm.

Offline Gunsrunner

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 10:21:27 PM »
As stated, move ASAP.
Anything you do will make it worse and your family is most at risk.
16 years, we lived with feral next door, cameras, cops, child welfare, council, none of which helped.
The only thing that saved us was when the house was condemned and he had to sell. Yes we had a party !!!
2014 NW VRX Pajero 3.2did
2012 Redtrack series 1 RF

Offline Titfish

• Tent User
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 11:00:17 PM »
What D4D said. We had similar issues and were advised by the police to make diary entries of every incident so that if it went to court we had a complete record of events. Whatever happens it isn't going to be easy for you. It seems that the laws are only there to protect the rubbish.
Other than that do you know anybody who could go around and just have a quiet word so to speak?
Hope you get a result sooner rather than later.
Ken

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 11:48:21 PM »
Take up building  pulse jets and fire it up when the neighbours start getting a bit rowdy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-JWddgagk   ;D

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 07:15:45 AM »
Start mowing the lawns at 3am.
When they complain say "oh sorry,didnt think we were concerned about noise pollution in this neighborhood "

On a serious note its bloody hard to do much about without things escalating out of control
Ive got a ferrel wench nextdoor with 2 off the rail kids and every morning and night they are yelling and screaming.
Im reluctant to do anything about it as she called the council and got us a parking ticket in our own driveway because the back 2 wheels were on the footpath....the day we were moving in.
Some people are just arsehole, there are only 3 options.
Grin and bare it.
Take the risk of causing confrontation and hope for the best and live with the consiquences .
Or move.
Ive gone for option 1...at this stage anyway

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 07:25:20 AM »
Do they have a garden shed?
Start stockpiling urea in their shed & after a few months ring the feds & say you think you have a terrorist cell next door. Just make sure you pay cash for the urea ???????????????????? dont forget to put a jerry of diesel in as well ????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 07:35:36 AM »
Lol

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 07:51:53 AM »
Buy the property next door and rent it to your choice of tenant.....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:02 AM »
Do they have a garden shed?
Start stockpiling urea in their shed & after a few months ring the feds & say you think you have a terrorist cell next door. Just make sure you pay cash for the urea ???????????????????? dont forget to put a jerry of diesel in as well ????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I have that in my shed...  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 09:43:01 AM »
Everytime a mate of mines feral neighbours used to play music till who knows when, first thing the next morning he would start up his boat right next to the neighbours house and give it a bootfull  >:D >:D A 350 Chev sure makes a lot of noise  :angel:
After a while, the turds got the message. A lawn mower, wiper snipper, leaf blower etc would be a fine substitute  ;D
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »
I've done the mowing thing but funny enough you can sleep through slot when your spaced out on drugs and still drunk from the night before. Also to put urea in there garden shed I'd probably have to move their grow station.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
You keep calling the Police for a breach of the peace until they give up and desist-
https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/housing-property-and-land/housing/resolving-problems-and-disputes/disruptive-and-noisy-neighbours/report-disruptive-neighbours
They can be prosecuted for continual breach of the peace and it's what you pay your taxes for   :police:

PS: It also gives the Police a reason to be inside their abode and snooping around and if they're druggies they risk being caught with illicit drugs to boot  :-*
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:40:37 AM by prodigyrf »
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 11:59:37 AM »
My father In law had issues with people breaking into the business he worked in up in Townsville.

The narrowed it down to the likely suspects (derro extended family living next door) and a friend of a friend called a mate and the local motorcycle club dropped around and paid them a visit one Sunday morning and had a chat.

The gentlemen concerned must have been very eloquent and made a good case because some of the missing gear turned up in time for start of work on Monday and there were no further break ins.

Unfortunately I think the club has disbanded in the last few years due to some members being less than discreet.

I had druggos living next to my place in Mayfield (Newcastle)when I was at uni. They weren't a problem for us as my gear was even crappier than theirs. I did get a few 4am wake-ups though; the drug squad found that just outside my bedroom window was a good place to get tooled up before visiting next door.

Offline pinarelloman

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 03:25:45 PM »
A couple of domestic violence calls to the local cops should start things nicely....
Or as mentioned before call the cops all the time, this will create a record of all their occurrences. You saw someone with a firearm at the window etc.
Landcruiser HDJ100 5spd auto.
Australian Off Road camper 2009 Oddyssey export signature.