Author Topic: Wombats run over and killed at campground  (Read 15896 times)

KingBilly

Re: Wombats run over and killed at campground
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 06:04:36 PM »
And if you ever ring the police when there is trouble brewing while at camp, and they seem to not have any interest in coming out, mention that you believe there are firearms being discharged....that will usually get them moving.....obviously loud music isn't a police matter !!

As others have said, very irresponsible to say firearms are being discharged when they are not.  If anything, it would delay the police response.

At the very worst, it could divert very limited police resources from a more serious incident.

KB

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »

due to some fool making a false report of a lunatic shooting up a camp site??????? What the hell.

Disco teddy.

Well, what would you do if there were drunken louts doing doughnuts around your tent with children inside ??

And why did you make the above comment....are you trying to inflame a reply by making stuff up !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

KingBilly

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 06:11:23 PM »
Well, what would you do if there were drunken louts doing doughnuts around your tent with children inside ??

Call the police and tell them the facts.  Don't make sh!t up.

Obviously you have never been called to an incident involving firearms. But you're obviously happy to have some copper worry if they are going to get home that night after you made up some bullsh!t story.

KB

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »

And why did you make the above comment....are you trying to inflame a reply by making stuff up !

I would grab my precious family and leave the camp site, regardless of the time or what possessions I needed to leave behind. If the situation was bad enough to make false and miss leading reports then its bad enough to leave the place. 

I didn't make anything up, just called it like I saw it.

Cheers,

Disco teddy.
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 06:27:25 PM »

I didn't make anything up, just called it like I saw it.

Disco teddy.

I think you inferred I said something which wasn't what I said !

It's easy to say what others shouldn't do, but some things aren't as clean cut.......what if you yourself had already had 10 beers, so driving out of there wasn't an option ??

I noticed a few getting on the bandwagon and saying what a stupid thing reporting gunfire is, but no ideas of what they would do in the same circumstance ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

scarpsD40

Wombats run over and killed at campground
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
Agree, no need to make false or inaccurate reports, but how about we focus back on the topic now and find the bastards that did this and have ourselves a 'good ol' lynchin'.

KingBilly

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 06:38:10 PM »
And if you ever ring the police when there is trouble brewing while at camp, and they seem to not have any interest in coming out, mention that you believe there are firearms being discharged....that will usually get them moving.....obviously loud music isn't a police matter !!

This was your original post which inferred that you should or would exaggerate the severity of the situation to get police to attend quickly when in fact saying firearms are involved would probably slow the police response due to their need to take additional precautions or perhaps call out additional resources.

Then to jusitfy your immature previous comment, you make the above statement.  Unless you were camped in the carpark, most campgrounds I have used, this scenario would not be possible.

But what would I do, firstly call 000 then bundle my kids up and put them in the safety of my own vehicle until police arrived.

KB
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:51:38 PM by KingBilly »
The following users thanked this post: discoteddy

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »

Then to jusitfy your immature previous comment, you make the above statement.  Unless you were camped in the carpark, most campgrounds I have used, this scenario would not be possible.

But what would I do, firstly call 000 then bundle my kids up and put them in the safety of my own vehicle until police arrived.

KB

Immature comment....nah, I'm 56 yrs old !!  :cheers:

You obviously haven't been to many campgrounds....I don't recall any campgrounds that have a carpark ??  In fact I have seen a car doing doughnuts around a tent ( no one was inside ), and I have also been at a campground where a gun has been fired several times, with no phone reception !!

I'd better retract all my previous statements, because I've been shown to be stupid for suggesting I would take any measure necessary for my families safety..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Ozoutdoorphoto

• Learning the Ropes
    • Oz Outdoor Photography
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 07:10:30 PM »
There idiots everywhere..I was up at Kroombit Tops on the weekend and there was a group of 4x4 people up there tearing around the park without any consideration to anyone else or anything else. I saw the carcus of at least one animal that was killed by one of these fools.. Probably didn't even know that he hit anything.....and then we wonde why certain areas are closed off.   Fools
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=1633;preview

Offline Ozoutdoorphoto

• Learning the Ropes
    • Oz Outdoor Photography
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 07:14:26 PM »
There idiots everywhere..I was up at Kroombit Tops on the weekend and there was a group of 4x4 people up there tearing around the park without any consideration to anyone else or anything else. I saw the carcus of at least one animal that was killed by one of these fools.. Probably didn't even know that he hit anything.....and then we wonde why certain areas are closed off.   Fools
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:19:09 PM by Ozoutdoorphoto »
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=1633;preview

Offline Draggin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
I'm with you Scarps, now PLEASE keep it on topic Kingbilly and Gronk - discuss it over a beer at a Myswag meet.

As a wombat orphan carer and having raised 4 orphans to release, I am appalled at this report and I would love to personally be involved in the meting out of an appropriate punishment for the scum culprits.
I'm also disappointed that with seemingly abundant witnesses to the behaviour on the night, that rego numbers or better descriptions have not been reported (I'm hoping that's due to ongoing and short-term investigations).

Cheers all and stay safe out there
John
"Beneath the radiant Southern Cross"

KingBilly

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
What, so post can't go off topic on myswag.  Bahahahahaha

Sorry, I will be a better little myswager in future  ;D

Hope they find the culprits and are dealt with by the law and not the vigilante mob on here  ;D

KB

scarpsD40

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 07:57:40 PM »
Lol.....KB.....you crack me up.

The culprits would want to hope the police find them first as I suspect the vigilante mob could be vast and many.

ps. No myswaggers were injured in the creation of this thread, but thoughts go out to the 10 innocent wombats that lost their lives due to one ignorant moronic self centred arsehole.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 08:28:51 PM »
I want to know what brand of 4wd could run over 10 Wombats and be still driveable ??   8)
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
Quote from: gronk
I want to know what brand of 4wd could run over 10 Wombats and be still driveable ??   8)
well certainly couldn't have been a dual cab LMAO!

probably a GQ....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

scarpsD40

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 09:12:10 AM »

well certainly couldn't have been a dual cab LMAO!

probably a GQ....
I was thinking maybe an older model hilux....maybe......tho I hear the Kia Sorrento isn't a bad beast;D

KingBilly

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
I was thinking maybe an older model hilux....maybe......tho I hear the Kia Sorrento isn't a bad beast;D

Bahahahaha, you stirrer.  And what no Dmax sledge?  Or you leaving that up to your tag team buddy?  ;D

KB

scarpsD40

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »

what no Dmax sledge?  Or you leaving that up to your tag team buddy?  ;D

KB
didn't even enter my mind. All the Dmax people I know like yourself, Nay-Dmax, Knoath, and I'm sure there others would hug a wombat (or swerve to miss) before they tried their 4by against a sump buster;D

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
Ok since you called KB :)
Yeah if I had a dmax, I certainly wouldn't want to hit a wombat. Would defiantly break something.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

scarpsD40

Wombats run over and killed at campground
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 10:56:45 AM »
Ok since you called KB :)
Yeah if I had a dmax, I certainly wouldn't want to hit a wombat. Would defiantly break something.
lol.......;D

But I'm still angry about some douchebag killing said wombats, and I hope he/she gets caught, but in the meantime, I'm hearing other preventative measures are being put in place.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:22:40 AM by scarpsD40 »

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »
I have to admit living in Brisbane I don’t know much about wombats, but I do know hitting/running over any animal comes with its own pitfalls, but I have been told wombats is one of the animals you really don’t want to hit as it’s like hitting a large rock. So I’m dumfounded why anyone would want to do this over and over.

In regards to the comment by the Witnesses saying they saw a white four-wheel drive driving around that night is a very broad comment. Maybe this 4wd is guilty or maybe they aren’t, but broad comments like that give all 4WD’s a bad name.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 12:18:30 PM »

In regards to the comment by the Witnesses saying they saw a white four-wheel drive driving around that night is a very broad comment. Maybe this 4wd is guilty or maybe they aren’t, but broad comments like that give all 4WD’s a bad name.

One of the media reports was the witness saw the 4wd running over the wombats.......so who knows what really happened ??

10 Wombats dead..."presumably" run over by a vehicle....and unless someone actually saw it happen, pure speculation as to who or what did it ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »
....and unless someone actually saw it happen, pure speculation as to who or what did it ??

My money's on Tony Abbott.....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
My money's on Tony Abbott.....

on being a wombat?
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 06:10:23 PM »
If all politicians were wombats, there would have been a manhunt......to give the culprit a medal !!   :cup:
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra