Author Topic: Re: State of Origin 2015  (Read 27440 times)

scarpsD40

Re: State of Origin 2015
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
I am not trolling for Christs sake. It's just an opinion. No big deal. If you don't like AFL that's OK with me. I don't like NRL so get over it and move on hey? Back to talking about Origin. OK?

James

Calm down mate, I apologise if you took my msg to heart, but please understand when you are in a thread about NRL and make a statement  that " Im not an NRL fan" it may be seen as trolling just my opinion.. but all good you are right lets talk about Origin and how good Qld are.. :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:46:30 PM by wilson79 »
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281
The following users thanked this post: jkwpajero

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2015, 04:39:01 PM »
This ones getting Hot...!!!! >:D
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Re: State of Origin 2014
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »
I may be wrong, but I thought the offence occurred as soon as the person being tackled was lifted to past the horizontal and the tackler has lifted them by their legs?  Makes no difference if they let go before they hit the ground.   ???  Kevin

Yep, you are right, but from what I saw, he wasn't lifted past horizontal.....but when he let him go, he fell onto the ground ( I think he landed on his shoulder )......even the commentators mentioned it was a soft penalty..

But, anyway, the NSW boys played crap and those stinking mongrel canetoads played well...

They've gotta get rid of that running in for a slap and tickle and looking at each other like a bunch of fairies......next they'll be comparing it to the Arial Faggot game !!   ;D ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
This ones getting Hot...!!!! >:D

About as hot as Queenslands performance last night i reckon  ;D

From this point it'll probably resemble the nsw side.................................

die a slow death   >:D
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline jkwpajero

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »
This is a serious question from a past Rugby League fan, in my younger years, now turncoat AFL fan.  :laugh:  Why are scrums such a joke now? They are always a feed into the 2nd row or the locks feet.  Rugby Union can still put down a scrum that is a contest for the ball. If they were replaced with a simple change over, would it improve the game?
James
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:12:40 PM by jkwpajero »
Growing older but not growing up.

2014 Pajero VR-X
2014 Jayco Starcraft Outback

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Re: State of Origin 2014
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2015, 05:44:34 PM »

Qld milking penalties for NSW holding too long in tackles....good on them for getting away with it....holding onto the tackler is the oldest trick in the book, the ref couldn't see out of his Qld goggles !! ;D
Remind me again how NSW got it's first points in the game....Woods deserves an Oscar for that performance. Both teams were even in the acting stakes IMHO, Smiths lift was deserving of a penalty just as much as Woods was.

This is a serious question from a past Rugby League fan, in my younger years, now turncoat AFL fan.  :laugh:  Why are scrums such a joke now? They are always a feed into the 2nd row or the locks feet.  Rugby Union can still put down a scrum that is a contest for the ball. If they were replaced with a simple change over, would it improve the game?
James
It's been mentioned above already... scrums are there to set the field formation with less players in defence, and thus give the attacking team a chance of finding a gap to make a break somewhere. If you had all 13 players spread across the field from a hand over, there's no chance of finding a similar break in the defence. Pack 6 guys in a scrum in one area of the field, then you only have 7 players trying to defend the width of the field instead of all 13 of them.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2015, 05:49:11 PM »
James

Yes this is a common question and yes the current scrums are a joke and it would seem a simple turn over and play the ball more suitable... But as said earlier the idea was to open the field up to create a bit of excitement and encourage some ball movement hence why they seem to stick with them..
In my opinion if they are going to stick with the scrum they need to make the players pack them as they should using the forward pack and letting the speedsters do there thing out wide at the moment any one can pack into the scrum..
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »
James
My opinion is that its to easy to forget all the delays & penalties that were handed out because of scrums. Back in the "good old days", there would be a penalty for incorrect feed, not square, not packed, feet across the scrum, lock not packed, pushing to early, screwing the scrum around.......and on .... and on.... and on............
So to improve the game (which it has) the scrums are basically uncontested, so really its only your opinion that they're a joke.

Now I dont like uncontested & do find them a blight on the game in the current format, but smarter men than me are controlling the game & besides I tend to look at them as attacking opportunities.

As far as rugby scrums, really.....? I've never studied it (terrible game to many stoppages) but the games i have watched, a high percentage are decided by penalties (ok i know thats the points issue) & i suspect a lot of scrum penalties. Sure its a contest but there are also a lot of infringements & league has always been a faster game.

I think scrums should be considered as a chess analogy, its strategy & opportunity......and hey it gives the players a bit of a break
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline trevc

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »
Yes this is a common question and yes the current scrums are a joke and it would seem a simple turn over and play the ball more suitable... But as said earlier the idea was to open the field up to create a bit of excitement and encourage some ball movement hence why they seem to stick with them..
In my opinion if they are going to stick with the scrum they need to make the players pack them as they should using the forward pack and letting the speedsters do there thing out wide at the moment any one can pack into the scrum..

My concern with tightening the scrum up is it has the risk of going like Rugby where they often repack the scrum multiple times and leads to an excessive mount of penalties. Even though we traditionalists might not lie the current scrum I think it works as intended.

Trev

Offline jkwpajero

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »
Moggy, I am not Einstein but the rules, as they stand currently, are pretty clear http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEditor/Documents/NRL%20Rules%20book%202013FINAL.pdf Read section 12 covering scrums. Don't shoot me just because I have asked a simple question about the game. That is my last post on the subject.  Seconds out, fighters ready? Ring the bell !!!!!

James
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:19:45 PM by jkwpajero »
Growing older but not growing up.

2014 Pajero VR-X
2014 Jayco Starcraft Outback

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2015, 06:25:04 PM »
Moggy, I am not Einstein but the rules, as they stand currently, are pretty clear http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEditor/Documents/NRL%20Rules%20book%202013FINAL.pdf Read section 12 covering scrums. Don't shoot me just because I have asked a simple question about the game. That is my last post on the subject.  Seconds out, fighters ready? Ring the bell !!!!!

James

WOFT

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

T.E. Lawrence

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
I think we should just congratulate Queensland on a magnificent win and look forward to next years series.   :-*

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2015, 09:20:25 PM »
Its true after last night match im convinced the nsw blues couldnt beat time with stick... may be they need a new conductor

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2015, 04:26:29 AM »
Gotta laugh how quick the cockroach supporters call for heads to roll. I was coming back up from Narrabri in the truck and listening to Talkin Sport. Well poke my eyes out with a red hot poker iron and jam a a pinapple up my rectum. You lot just don't get it do you?

Laurie Daley knows what it takes but he has to many knobs around him that talk chit! One day you lot will understand loyalty and how to make a team gel and why the hell would you bring back that idiot Ennis? Fools but why should I care, I from QLD. Hahaha

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2015, 05:03:30 AM »
Maybe if they had taken Gal's advice... ;D ;D

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2015, 05:51:29 AM »
Great result,
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »
But all jokes etc aside i have read that the origin players get $30,000 per match \some one correct me if im wrong please\ so this being the case if you wear the blue or maroon for 3 matches you get $90,000 and it doesnt matter if you are missing in action on the field and drop every ball you try to catch miss tackle after tackle or shed tears, deep down in side your laughing all the way to the bank.Good luck to them all.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2015, 10:45:45 AM »
Couple of points that I noticed.

If NSW had concentrated on playing the game of football in lieu of grubby tactics that resulted in penalties; the result could have been different. Ennis was picked solely because of his grubby tactics in the ruck and not because he is the best hooker for NSW.

John Thurston wasn't the best on field for QLD, that award should have gone to Mitchell Pearce. His contribution to QLD winning was even better than his efforts of a couple of years ago. Why they continue to pick him I don't know. his father was a RL legend, Mitchell plays good footy only when he is the mood to. Slacker.

Typical NSW decision, let's sack everyone and start fresh again and again and again. They NSW will never learn.

NSW should stop believing their media on how good they are and just play footy. The new Legacy, Dynasty that was talked up turned out to be one in a row.

NSW constantly referring to the QLD side as too old and hasbeens; well ... If that is true, They got absolutely flogged by some old hasbeens.

As much as I hate Gallen, he was the only member of NSW that was still giving 110% at the 65 minute mark. He set a great example to the rest of his team but unfortunately they didn't care.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »

As much as I hate Gallen, he was the only member of NSW that was still giving 110% at the 65 minute mark. He set a great example to the rest of his team but unfortunately they didn't care.
i reckon Woods and Klemmer were still trying to the end also, but the belting Qld gave all the team throughout the game in both attack and defence, had them with little energy to make any impact.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2015, 12:31:31 PM »
Quote from: Moggy
so really its only your opinion that they're a joke.
no.. mine and numerous mates that played the game think they are a farce.

Same as stupid rules like you get held up in goal, you get the ball back ??? firm faeces.. you tried, n failed. ball goes to the other side. Theres so much about the game I just don't understand anymore... happy not to either.

Honestly scrums aren't that hard to get right... look at ARU..  same as the old days if people wanted to get them right they did.. same as anything, you **** it up, you get penalised..

Why do all games think they need to be a game of 10yr old "hot potato" to be entertaining... Faster and faster doesn't mean more entertaining or enjoyable...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2015, 02:01:02 PM »
no.. mine and numerous mates that played the game think they are a farce.

It still only your opinion, except now you have a few supposed mates who think the same.
I to have mates that rabbit on about rule changes & the "good old days"...........Dinosaurs
As i said i dont make the rules, so why waste time & mental effort crying about Shit i cant change.

Theres so much about the game I just don't understand anymore... happy not to either.
Then why watch it?
If its that fuhkin bad turn the bloody channel over & stop whingin & bitchin about it

Honestly scrums aren't that hard to get right... look at ARU..  same as the old days if people wanted to get them right they did.. same as anything, you **** it up, you get penalised..
Yeh gotta love them "good old days" eh
I suggest you refer to previous comments (not just mine) about the "great" rugby scrums. I dont know the stats but i reckon a high percentage of penalties in rugby are scrum orientated.
NRL are actually trying to reduce stoppages, hence why the changes to scrums.

... Faster and faster doesn't mean more entertaining or enjoyable...

Actually I think you'll find it does
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »
Quote from: Moggy
Actually I think you'll find it does
maybe you should watch the 100mtr sprint races then.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »
But all jokes etc aside i have read that the origin players get $30,000 per match \some one correct me if im wrong please\ so this being the case if you wear the blue or maroon for 3 matches you get $90,000 and it doesnt matter if you are missing in action on the field and drop every ball you try to catch miss tackle after tackle or shed tears, deep down in side your laughing all the way to the bank.Good luck to them all.

The 90k isn't much after tax, agent fees.   When your on 300+

Cherry daly Evans will get 50k per club game.   

Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪