Author Topic: Blue Water campers - any reviews?  (Read 17798 times)

Offline monster wrangler

• Learning the Ropes
Blue Water campers - any reviews?
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
Hi there, We were recently at the Melbourne camping show and noticed the trailers by Blue Water. I have been up and down the web but I could not find a single review on this mob. Are they new on the market? does anyone have a review...

Thanks!

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Re: Blue Water campers - any reviews?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »
Just another company importing campers from China. They have named all of their Chinese camper range with names like The Darling, The Flinders, The Mitchell etc etc.  Also using misleading words like "Australian owned campers built for you" and 50 years experience in the industry.

I don't have a problem with buying an imported CT, but I hate it when people get mislead into thinking they are made in OZZIE.

Offline mrdenn1s

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Dennis Does Cricket
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »
I bought a Tanami from them Easter last year after visiting the MDC factory and leaving unsatisfied with quality and service levels.

Josh and the boys have been great. The tub comes from China, but are assembled in Aus. Even the wheel bearing are replaced when they land. He told me they now only use Aus made canvas (mine is Chinese), although it is sent to Fiji for stitching.

I had extras done like a full 240v system installed so I could charge the 12v battery when at caravan parks / at home from the mains. Added some pole holders, bought the kids room, shockers, etc

I had a few minor issues (bad connection to electric water pump, missing canvas skirt for tailgate, toolbox gas strut weld failed) but all fixed without any issues. The guys were actually quite apologetic. In fact, on my first trip, I drove home from Healesville with the handbrake left on and burnt out the wiring for the electric brakes. They replaced the wiring free of charge.

Is there better quality out there? Sure. Is it a dramatic difference. I doubt it. Do they care for their customers after they have left the yard. 110%!

I'll happily buy from them again. I suggest driving out to Pakenham and seeing the factory.
2014 Blue Water Tanami Soft floor Camper
2000 Landcruiser 105 GXL Inline 6
2011 Kia Sorento
The following users thanked this post: monster wrangler

Offline monster wrangler

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. We are planning on heading out to the packy factory as well as looking at MDC , GIC and cub but I think they might be out of our $$$ range

Offline Humphreythebear

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:20 PM »
In my opinion , the mdc ,tic and blue water campers are not ' cheap ' .

I looked at the blue waters at the Flemington show , and they are as expensive as a Cub
The couple I looked at started at $ 23,990 up - hard floor .
The other two importers were not displaying at the show......
Outback Sturt , Holden SS Ute and a MTB for the Rough Stuff

Offline deepop

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Living the dream.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »
Another 'no review' here.

I did check them out at the show and really liked there offering the best for what was on offer.   Solid drawbar, 12" brakes, altered suspension so shocks seem to work the best I've seen, much more upright.   Liked everything they'd done.

try www.bluewatercampers.com.au
Manual petrol 105 series 'cruiser.
Aust. trailers semi off road trailer with Southern Cross Canvas tent, water, gas, kitchen and other stuff.

Offline mrdenn1s

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Dennis Does Cricket
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
My Blue Water is the soft floor. It is the cheapest one they do I believe. Cost me $8,800 with all the extras.

My only advice is go to the factory. No sales bullShit like at MDC. Just a bloke passionate about the product he makes.
2011 Kia Sorento

Offline Market Direct Campers

• Tent User
  • www.marketdirect.com.au PH: 1300 4x4 4x4
    • MDC Camper Trailers & Caravans
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 10:21:11 AM »
MDC sales staff are all passionate campers and 4wders.

Your comments are quite unfair mrdenn1s ;)

You can't blame our team for taking company MDC's into the bush, using them with their families.

Maybe over passionate and proud to be associated with a great product, providing families across Australia with well remembered lifelong experiences.

Happy Camping ;)
MDC Insider

[img width= height=]http://www.importersandwholesalers.com.au/forum/myswaglogo2.jpg[/img]

Offline mrdenn1s

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Dennis Does Cricket
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:41 AM »
I went to the MDC showroom in Campbellfield?? before I went to Blue Water.

You had first shot and I went in agnostic to the brand.

Nice and ritzy, but all of my concerns were blown away by the sales guys with a sense of arrogance. Just my experience at the time, so I left without buying.

The experience I had at Blue Water was the exact opposite. No sales reps. Everyone in the factory actively puts these things together.

It was like comparing a Bunnings experience with a Masters experience.
2011 Kia Sorento
The following users thanked this post: Jatzman

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Quote from: Humphreythebear
I looked at the blue waters at the Flemington show , and they are as expensive as a Cub

The couple I looked at started at $ 23,990 up - hard floor
23k for a chinese trailer? Surely you jest....
You'd go cub 12098102901928301293012938 times at that price over the others.!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline stiffbreeze

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 02:14:12 PM »
yeah but how much are cub campers? and do they have a forward fold version? 3 of bluewater models are forward fold hence the question.
ive looked at the cub website and there are no prices and all look to be rear fold.

if the op is looking for a forward fold (like i am), what other options are there? i can only find the following...(think modcon is the only aussie one and the rest are chinese imports)
Mars, MDC, Bluewater, Broadwater, Ezytrail and Modcon.

Offline Bushwacker

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »
Went and saw the Bluewater Mitchell today. The rep was open in saying it was Chinese chassis and tub but suspension, canvas (ali poles too!), hitch (choice of many), gas plumbing and electrics (AC Delco batteries) is all done in house. It was the equivilant to a GIC Delta but with better gear. We were shown set up and pack up and was very impressed with how helpful the rep was.   The rep at GIC was no where to be seen and MDC wasn't pushy but we always seemed to have someone there.

Offline Jasjul

• Tent User
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 02:50:29 AM »
yeah but how much are cub campers? and do they have a forward fold version? 3 of bluewater models are forward fold hence the question.
ive looked at the cub website and there are no prices and all look to be rear fold.

if the op is looking for a forward fold (like i am), what other options are there? i can only find the following...(think modcon is the only aussie one and the rest are chinese imports)
Mars, MDC, Bluewater, Broadwater, Ezytrail and Modcon.

Cub are going to be releasing a forward fold shortly, I don't know much about it.  I think there was a review of a prototype in Pat Callinan's online mag.
Jason

Mazda BT50 and Outback Campers Tanami