Author Topic: Who Will Be Our PM After Monday?  (Read 31495 times)

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Who Will Be Our PM After Monday?
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
#?ImStickingWithTony?

* He's scrapped the Carbon Tax
* He's stopped the boats - and the deaths at sea.
* He got rid of the Mining Tax - so Australia is once more seen as a safe place to invest.
* He has over $1 trillion worth of new projects approved, projects that had been held up by Labor.
* He has new road projects now underway to overcome commuter gridlock in our cities.
* After 50 years of buck passing, he's made a decision on a new Western Sydney Airport.
* He's delivered a trifecta of free trade agreements covering more than 50 per cent of our exports – with China, Japan and South Korea.
* He has the live cattle trade - closed down by the ALP in panic over a TV program - booming again.
* At last, he has the NBN is rolling out, widely, reliably and affordably.
* He has Jobs growth running at 4,000 new jobs a week - triple that of 2013
* He has new housing approvals at record levels - creating a boom for tradies.
* He has the registration of new companies at the highest on record.
* He has Economic growth now running at 2.7 per cent, up from 1.9 per cent a year ago.
* He's cracking down on the likes of Hizb-ut-Tahrir and others who nurture Islamic extremism in our suburbs.
* For small business, he's cutting company tax by 1.5% on the 1st July to encourage further employment growth.
* And right now LNP policies have home loan interest rates at the lowest on record, and the September quarter had the biggest fall in power prices on record.

Therefore, even if he'd given a knighthood to Camilla, and despite the lamestream media beat-up
 - I'm sticking with Tony !

(stolen from elsewhere)

None of this counts. The journalists/press think his ears are too big and he wears speedo's. Isn't that more importanat than what he's acheived?

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 10:50:11 AM »

everyone is entitled to their opinion/belief, but no-one is entitled to mock. 

that type of freedom is what makes this country great.

The second statement contradicts the first.

You can mock as much as you like in a democracy.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
The second statement contradicts the first.

You can mock as much as you like in a democracy.

no it doesn't.

you can debate, but mocking or belittling someone, based on their opinion/belief, is a totally different thing.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
Lock it.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 11:20:09 AM »

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »
Doubly watching.

Who says there are no space fairies. ;D

A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline BTMNDR

• Tent User
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
I find it interesting that when Labor were going through their leadership machinations, they were described as unworthy rabble. But now that the Libs are going through  similar machinations, without any overt challenge - i.e., self inflicted by the PM's behaviour and contradictory statements, it's all a media beat up!

I don't think the media scrutiny on the LNP has come close to that of Rudd/Gillard/Rudd.  It should be noted too, that Gillard got most of her legislation though a hung and hostile parliament.

Sheesh.
Former TOPNDR.

Offline Ratbag

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
^ 69 to 31 looks pretty convincing to me. And that was just to defeat the spill motion. i.e. There was no spill ...

Apart from a few disgruntled LNP MoP, the entirety of the hyperbole appears to have been manufactured by the media. This looks to be a quite different from a situation where there were two "successful executions" ... Ugly stuff, that.

However, it is still conduct unbecoming all round IMNSHO, specially on the part of the media ...
The one party in all this who never come under any the scrutiny from the media ... themselves.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 01:04:25 PM »

no it doesn't.

you can debate, but mocking or belittling someone, based on their opinion/belief, is a totally different thing.

Example;

If someone says they believe a person flew to the moon on a winged horse and clove the moon in half and that person wrote a divine book and they tell me how to live based on this book then they deserve to be mocked.

A great big, thumbs in Jean pockets, leaning back BWAHSHAHAHAH mocking is quite in order.

If someone tells me I cannot marry a person of the same sex because of another book, similarly inspired with talking snakes and giant ships full of animals sailing a flooded world filled with the corpses of sinful babies then once again they deserve a good mocking in a secular society.

If I tell someone the earth is flat and we need to stand on one leg to keep it level I would expect to be pointed at and made to look stupid.

Those who don't tell others how to live based on these things have no fear of mocking but a polite hello to you sir and enjoy remains of the day.

NB. I was referring to Narnia, lord of the rings and pirates of the Caribbean.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »
Example;

If someone says they believe a person flew to the moon on a winged horse and clove the moon in half and that person wrote a divine book and they tell me how to live based on this book then they deserve to be mocked.

A great big, thumbs in Jean pockets, leaning back BWAHSHAHAHAH mocking is quite in order.

If someone tells me I cannot marry a person of the same sex because of another book, similarly inspired with talking snakes and giant ships full of animals sailing a flooded world filled with the corpses of sinful babies then once again they deserve a good mocking in a secular society.

If I tell someone the earth is flat and we need to stand on one leg to keep it level I would expect to be pointed at and made to look stupid.

Those who don't tell others how to live based on these things have no fear of mocking but a polite hello to you sir and enjoy remains of the day.

NB. I was referring to Narnia, lord of the rings and pirates of the Caribbean.

agree with you totally on the 'telling people what they should or should not be doing, based on their own belief' angle.

i try not to do that.  i certainly am not perfect.

but we live in a world where just because you have that belief, makes you a target for ridicule, much like the ridicule that tony abbot received for having the 'gall' to stand up for what he believes in. he didn't try and force it on society, but that didn't stop some from having an unfair crack.

it's one thing to have a belief, but a totally different thing to force it on others.

on that we agree totally... :)

sorry mods, feel free to close/remonstrate if i am pushing the boundaries...

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »
I'LL LOOK AFTER YOU
AFTER I LOOK AFTER ME
Hilux 2002 LN167 + Stockman POD

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
I'LL LOOK AFTER YOU
AFTER I LOOK AFTER ME

Got that 1 wrong me thinks.
It should read as follows...

I'LL LOOK AFTER YOU
umm
I'LL LOOK AFTER
umm
AFTER YOU

umm
AFTER
umm
I LOOK AFTER ME
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »
You got it Dave

actually a quote from a great man  John Schumann

bit of a lib bash here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxOcIyedyo

:cheers:
Ads

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
Quote from: Green rv
I'LL LOOK AFTER YOU
AFTER I LOOK AFTER ME

every polly in the last 30 years works on this theory...  and will do for the next 150 years.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »
we should stand up to it

but don't follow me i'm going fishing

:cheers:
Ads

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »
Today’s motion was a vote of no confidence from almost 40% of the Prime Minister’s own caucus. 

Tony Abbott to Julia Gillard in Parliament on Monday, February 27, 2012:

“My question is to the Prime Minister”. “Given that one-third of her parliamentary colleagues and a quarter of her cabinet colleagues have today expressed their lack of confidence in her, how can she claim to have a mandate to continue as Prime Minister?”

"How can the Prime Minister claim to be leading a united team when the former Prime Minister and the former foreign minister said that the Prime Minister had ‘lost the trust of the Australian people’ and 31 of her caucus colleagues backed the former Prime Minister?”

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
Today’s motion was a vote of no confidence from almost 40% of the Prime Minister’s own caucus. 

Tony Abbott to Julia Gillard in Parliament on Monday, February 27, 2012:

“My question is to the Prime Minister”. “Given that one-third of her parliamentary colleagues and a quarter of her cabinet colleagues have today expressed their lack of confidence in her, how can she claim to have a mandate to continue as Prime Minister?”

"How can the Prime Minister claim to be leading a united team when the former Prime Minister and the former foreign minister said that the Prime Minister had ‘lost the trust of the Australian people’ and 31 of her caucus colleagues backed the former Prime Minister?”
Exactly...we haven't heard the last of this...he's just a fish in a barrel now.
How arrogant is he to think he can recover from this.
It wasn't a victory if you count 40% against him and probably at least another 15 or so that sat on the fence, like him or not it smells alot like the labor they blame the world on

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »
Interesting to see the outrage at the mild mocking of the space fairy believers ... And to compare it to the comments directed at the Muslims offence at the mocking of their prophet.

Seems outrage / right to freedom of speech somehow depends on which religion is being mocked / by whom.

To my mind to goad anyone who is likely to want to punch you on the nose is at best a questionable strategy.  The nature of human interaction is such that 'unscrambling the egg' ( sectarianism) once large scale offence has occurred is almost impossible.

On the other hand, discussing politics is inevitably healthy in a democracy.

2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Ratbag

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
^ Have to agree, B.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »
agree with you totally on the 'telling people what they should or should not be doing, based on their own belief' angle.

i try not to do that.  i certainly am not perfect.

but we live in a world where just because you have that belief, makes you a target for ridicule, much like the ridicule that tony abbot received for having the 'gall' to stand up for what he believes in. he didn't try and force it on society, but that didn't stop some from having an unfair crack.

it's one thing to have a belief, but a totally different thing to force it on others.

on that we agree totally... :)

sorry mods, feel free to close/remonstrate if i am pushing the boundaries...

RU486  8)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
Interesting to see the outrage at the mild mocking of the space fairy believers ... And to compare it to the comments directed at the Muslims offence at the mocking of their prophet.

Seems outrage / right to freedom of speech somehow depends on which religion is being mocked / by whom.

To my mind to goad anyone who is likely to want to punch you on the nose is at best a questionable strategy.  The nature of human interaction is such that 'unscrambling the egg' ( sectarianism) once large scale offence has occurred is almost impossible.

because in the case i was referring to, it was uncalled for.  an out of the blue comment regarding those of a religious persuasion.

it seems that the 'all are welcome' motto of the forums is sometimes dependant on whether you are religious or not...

just because people profess to be christian, muslim, buddhist or whatever, it doesn't make them a bad person.  their actions/speech towards others dictate that.

not once have i tried to push my beliefs onto any member of the forum.  in fact, i have been up front in saying that no-one has the right to push their beliefs onto anyone.

it's a shame that some feel the need to make comments (space fairy lovers, for example), and then when someone tries to defend themselves against a comment like that, they are then made to feel as an outsider, in a supposed friendly forum.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2015, 06:07:56 PM »

Totally agree (respectful arguments of course)

Though I really do think it is high time to openly discuss religion as its impact upon our society is emerging as a huge issue (once again).  We hide behind this thin veil of not wanting to upset someone's feelings based solely on their beliefs.  As our knowledge grows our superstitions are pushed further back.

I have taken a few stirring potshots today just for giggles and niggles.  We all need giggles and niggles.

:D

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2015, 06:08:38 PM »
^ 69 to 31 looks pretty convincing to me. And that was just to defeat the spill motion. i.e. There was no spill ...

It was 61 to 39
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com