Author Topic: The Random Question of the Day Thread...  (Read 88944 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: The Random Question of the Day Thread...
« Reply #1025 on: May 18, 2020, 10:44:18 AM »
I supply - or they supply.. So if they supply the bags should I refuse to touch the bags too?
I've also touched all the items they are scanning too... twice. Once off the shelf into trolley - once onto the thing for them to scan in.

as Champ says, it just slows the whole lot down, I mean having 18 checkouts, and only 2 open helps that too...

but the stuff from the shelf may have come from a 'safer' environment than your personal bags... ?

maybe the packaging plants for those items are being cleaned/fumigated?

i don't know.  i'd take my chances with a new grocery item, than someone's personal bag that hasn't ever been washed...

in the end, i think it's a small price to pay...  i don't have an issue with it.  keep your distance and it shouldn't be a big problem.

haven't seen too many grocery stores/kmart/etc,  up here that have a heap of people lining up, with hardly any checkouts open.  the opposite has applied actually.  they want to get you in and out ASAP...

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1026 on: May 18, 2020, 11:29:47 AM »
Why do Coles etc expect you to pack your own bags at the checkout? FFS.......

Yep especially after they have cross contaminated your goods with their one pair of gloves for the day

Makes more sense to use the self serve, scan and pack yourself.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1027 on: May 18, 2020, 11:51:30 AM »
I've picked up from a majority of supermarket distribution centres in and around melbourne and delivered to most supermakets big and small around gippsland and I personally have not witnessed a great amount of hygiene either before or since the virus hit. I don't worry about something I have no control over,  I just deal with it and wash my hands every time I leave a shop.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1028 on: May 18, 2020, 11:53:15 AM »

i don't know.  i'd take my chances with a new grocery item, than someone's personal bag that hasn't ever been washed...

You mean the grocery item that you've just carried around the store in one of their grotty green baskets  >:D
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1029 on: May 18, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »
Years ago I used to deliver flour to shops around melbourne and some of the dirtiest rat infested shops were in toorak and prahran. It's the old storey, if you like a food, don't see how it's made. Same then as now, personal hygiene is the key.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1030 on: May 18, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »
You mean the grocery item that you've just carried around the store in one of their grotty green baskets  >:D

nah mate... don't use those baskets...

in the end, if packing your own groceries is the biggest issue you have in the world at the moment, you're doing ok...