Author Topic: Ecomate rear fold opinions  (Read 2407 times)

Offline yes dear

• Swag User
Ecomate rear fold opinions
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »
Interested to see what people think of the Ecomate Campers.
I recently hired an Aussie Swag Ultra D for a week and loved the setup but not the price tag.
I have heard good things about the Ecomate but would love to hear from people that have had one for a few years and see how they are holding out.
Is the canvas good for imported material.
Is the construction good.
The Annex frame work looks a little involved where the Aussie Swag only had tent poles x 4 and no rig pole required and was a tight as a drum and well waterproof.
I already own solar, fridge, invertor, cooking kit and can make most mods myself.
Just looking at a strong water tight trailer with hardfloor and realistic price tag.
Cheers Jamie.

CT oldy caravan newby
06 Prado
Ecomate FF sold
Jayco Journey Outback 2020

Offline Jakster1

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Ecomate rear fold opinions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »
G'day I am not an owner but I did very nearly buy one not long ago. I think they are a fairly reasonable unit built to a price.
After going over one with a fine tooth comb at one of the camping shows I ended up deciding it wasn't what I was looking for. They seem to have a good sales campaign and the salesman wasnt bad either (probably an ex used car salesman this guy).
There is a reason why the Aussie swags are 3x the price, whether or not it is 3 x the camper is another question altogether.
But they do fill a market segment and from what I saw of those in the price range the ecomates are probably one of the better ones.
GU Patrol. Lifted Locked and Boosted
 Johnnos offroad deluxe -SOLD
 Dmax dual cab 4x4
 Jayco Eagle Outback

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Re: Ecomate rear fold opinions
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »
Send a PM to Evo (evolution). He sells them and will probably give you a good deal on them.
Mine is very similar to the Ecomate (see link in my signature) .

I am happy with what I have paid for, my brother has the Ecomate like mine. He is happy too.