Author Topic: Miserable neighbours being unneighbourly  (Read 19539 times)

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Miserable neighbours being unneighbourly
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »
Iam with d4d and Daz! just move on Muzz. Maybe next year prune the branches before fruit so the poor old misery guts don't have to do them, but just treat them as dead and smile and wave!
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Beefa Toyota

• Tent User
  • Just got to love camping
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »
Hi Muzza have just been reading the thread on your d..khead neighbor had to laugh out loud would not know a good thing if it bit him on the arse
Cheers Brian
2017 Toyota Hilux SR5 GUN126R
2017 EzyTrail Parkes 13 Hybrid Caravan

Offline bazt

• Tent User
  • Don’t believe everything you think
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 09:24:08 PM »
Similar problem here but he is drunk most of the time. She is a nice lady and tries to keep him civil.
I throw his palm leaves back to him and have had the real estate agent remove the nut dropping branches of his trees on a couple of occasions.
Just ignore them and enjoy your life  :cheers:
2013 Navara ST-X Blackline V6
MDC XT17 HRT
2011 VW Golf R

Offline jeeps

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • The Aussie Storm Shop
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
Yes just wait them out or ignore them. Although, your neighbors sound absolutely peachy compared to mine. Last year I installed a dozen cctv cameras and a few hidden trailcams and a 7ft fence due to my neighbours. Luckily they moved out a few months ago and the new neighbors are much better to deal with!
www.aussiestormshop.com.au | www.aussieberkeyshop.com.au
Offroad Camper Trailer with an Austrack top & Drifta kitchen, mostly assembled by me :)

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »
Yes just wait them out or ignore them. Although, your neighbors sound absolutely peachy compared to mine. Last year I installed a dozen cctv cameras and a few hidden trailcams and a 7ft fence due to my neighbours. Luckily they moved out a few months ago and the new neighbors are much better to deal with!
Jeezus mate they must have been pretty hardcore  ;D :police:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline jeeps

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • The Aussie Storm Shop
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 11:47:42 PM »
Jeezus mate they must have been pretty hardcore  ;D :police:

When they first moved in I went and said hi and started a great relationship. He had a 4wd (something in common) and kids and I actually thought I had a nice neighbor/family move in. Lets just say after a month or so of robbing fellow neighbors (being seen in the act by me and other neighbors) & hiding stolen cars and daily police visits of 2-3 police vehicles at a time became a regular occurance. I wouldn't have believed the stuff they did if i didn't see it with my own eyes. Turns out his 4wd was stolen too. I went out and installed the cameras and new fence at my cost (i wanted my fence my way) and made damn sure they saw me do it. We live in a nice quiet acreage street in a little small town where most of my neighbors are nice old retirees, been here almost a decade but never seen this out here before. The police visited them almost daily for months several cars at a time, they were renting for 6 months but long gone now. The new neighbors are much better... so far...

I've got some awesome security setup now. ;)

cheers
www.aussiestormshop.com.au | www.aussieberkeyshop.com.au
Offroad Camper Trailer with an Austrack top & Drifta kitchen, mostly assembled by me :)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 05:39:19 AM »
A friend in Meld has the ultimate  Bogan family next door . Norma street 4 or 5 people living in the house  ( depending on whos out at the time ) 4 cars in front 3 down the side . At any 1 timethe daily ride can be striped down to clean & repaint the suspension that will fill in the arvo  with the music pumping . When the Skyline was pushed off the trailer at 12.30Am it only lasted 3 weeks before it was torched at 3Am . Depending on bale conditions the cops could pop in for a chat  if the wanted is home ( or in hiding ) . Untill l put up the 12ft screen beside the fence the back yard was on view from their dunny window . l borrowed a mates rig  & parked in the back yard overnight to return it the next day . l was asked where did l get it , told him stolen , asked if he cold have the roof rack for a mate .. Really there are some numb skulls out there  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
A friend in Meld has the ultimate  Bogan family next door . Norma street 4 or 5 people living in the house  ( depending on whos out at the time ) 4 cars in front 3 down the side . At any 1 timethe daily ride can be striped down to clean & repaint the suspension that will fill in the arvo  with the music pumping . When the Skyline was pushed off the trailer at 12.30Am it only lasted 3 weeks before it was torched at 3Am . Depending on bale conditions the cops could pop in for a chat  if the wanted is home ( or in hiding ) . Untill l put up the 12ft screen beside the fence the back yard was on view from their dunny window . l borrowed a mates rig  & parked in the back yard overnight to return it the next day . l was asked where did l get it , told him stolen , asked if he cold have the roof rack for a mate .. Really there are some numb skulls out there  :cheers:

So I take it that you didn't give him the roof rack? ;D
http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/19406-2/Burrum+Camp.jpg

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 12:25:00 PM »
Here is a pic of the mango trees causing the dispute

Here is some of the beautiful mangoes up for grabs. She picked most of the mangoes before cutting the lower breaches and throwing them over my fence.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 12:30:26 PM »
Mrs MISERY lives on the left hand side of the fence. I got the chainsaw out and cut all of the lower branches down.  Hopefully this will keep her happy.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
Couldnt have liked them too much Muzz, if they cut their free supply of fruit bearing branches off .. Nice tree of fruit too .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 01:05:49 PM »
Make sure you climb the tree and get the good fruit from her side before it hits the deck.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 01:11:55 PM »
You can have our lovely old neighbour.  We live in a rural setting.  A tree fell over our driveways and despite everything we clear both driveways of said fallen tree only to be accused of poisoning the trees to start with and making them fall on her driveway.  The only upside is the feud has been going that long now, started with them and my parents, she is now that old and senile she doesn't remember who I am anymore so last time the same thing happened she thanked us and offered a cuppa.  We declined her offer and kept clearing the driveway.  As much as she is the proverbial we cannot NOT clear the driveway just in case she has an emergency like setting fire to her house again. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 06:54:08 AM »
Hey Muzz,

Find out if the smelly old toad has a ladder or not and then trim the tree so the mangoes are just out of reach.

Some might fall, so install a bit of netting and angle it towards your place, so any mangoes that commit suicide and jump, will fall into the net and roll into your place.

Then, set up a wheelie bin out of reach from them in your yard, so the mangoes roll down the net and straight into the wheelie bin.

A folding chair and six pack are optional if you want to sit back and watch the reaction to the above.  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 07:06:44 AM »
Hey Muzz,

Find out if the smelly old toad has a ladder or not and then trim the tree so the mangoes are just out of reach.

Some might fall, so install a bit of netting and angle it towards your place, so any mangoes that commit suicide and jump, will fall into the net and roll into your place.

Then, set up a wheelie bin out of reach from them in your yard, so the mangoes roll down the net and straight into the wheelie bin.

A folding chair and six pack are optional if you want to sit back and watch the reaction to the above.  ;D
I like that idea. Plus the "smelly old toad" reference gave me another idea. ;D
I usually whack cane toads over our back fence with an old tennis racquet; I think I might start sending them them over next doors fence >:D from now on.

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 07:19:43 AM »
just plant bougainvillea along the rest of the boundary and let it grow thick so they can not throw what they trim over your side of the boundary
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 09:12:02 AM »
l do believe by law any tree branches that you grow are your by law & must be returned . Something about firewood supply in the bad old days  . Don't know about rotting Mangos though  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 09:31:58 AM »
Just build a smaller version of this and sit back on the veranda with a few beers  and launch a few  bucket loads of toads onto them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om0O0_gr6Vo  ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Mik01

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Scenic Rim 4x4
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »
I know it's legally ok, but am I the only one who feels a bit stingy about cutting leaves etc and throwing them over the boundary? I just can't do it - I know it's annoying, yet legal, and so I wouldn't do it to my neighbours as I know it would annoy me.

I either burn them or throw them in the bin.
Contact me for special MySwag prices on 4x4 accessories!
http://scenicrim4x4.com.au

Offline Murph

• Tent User
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Here in Vic you can cut the branches BUT must ask the person who owns the tree if they want them back if not you are not allowed to throw them over the fence .
Also we had to cut branches off his swamp gums , 30 m tall, and the arbourist had to make sure he didn't drop any thing into his back yard as he wasn't allowed to access the site from the neighbours yard at all .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:10:09 PM by Murph »

Offline Sawed-Off

• Tent User
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
Just shake your head about how many lousy people there are in the world and move on. I used to work with a guy that had issues with a neighbour. Things escalated and he stepped over the line a couple of times and wound up in court charged with criminal offenses. It's just not worth it.
Matt.

Rootin', Tootin', & Shootin'. It's the Cowboy Way.

'97 HZJ80R Land Cruiser Dual Cab
'05 Tambo "The Cooper" : Nights used - 2015: 13  2014: 34  2013: 36  2012: 31

BernieS

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 02:21:34 PM »
Seems to me a lot of tree issues could be avoided if people refrained from planting the wrong sort of trees too close to a dividing fence line.
We live next to an idiot who planted gum trees 800cm from the western side of our house. He's on two lots and has a whole yard in which to plant. Consequently, we had branches banging on the side of the house at night, keeping us awake. (yeah we live in the city, and blocks are a lot smaller here)  Then he planted a cocos palm, (which is deemed a weed by the local council) beside my laundry door, consequently bats ****ting everywhere.  A really nice health hazard.   In the meantime, he got the message about the  gums he cut one down, but took years for him to remove the stump, then took him two years to cut down a dead mango tree and when he did he used a pissy little electric pruner!!!!  He's not a gardener, well come to think of it, he's not much into any sort of maintenance.  His back deck is slowly falling off his house, a piece at a time.  I constantly have to clean up weeds he lets grow, eg. Wandering Jew, our poor dog is allergic to the stuff and has had two, visits to the vet.  So I poisoned the weeds along the fenceline with path weeder, he accuses me of killing one of his trees and if I dare as much cut one inch off his trees again, he is gonna call the police.  Told him to go ahead.  I just might organise a QCAT order to have all his trees removed from beside my house as they are blocking my light.  This is only a small sample of what we've had to put up with over the years from this Dork and his Gork.   They also like to copy everything we do.  We had a company install sun sails over our driveway beside the eastern boundry to shade vehicles, steel posts were concreted at the appropriate depth into the ground with all the correct fittings for the sails to be attached too.  Dork hangs a sail and ties it to the dividing fence  between our properties. Didn't ask us, just did it. So now its pulling the fence over, their double gates can't be closed any more..  I then got accused of cutting their Sail off the fence,  ??? when the fine gauge wire snapped, during some wild weather... give me strength!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:35:26 PM by BernieS »

theins

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »
Mazza,  just move on. You are not going to change them and will only become bitter and twisted in the process.... life is too short....

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
We have D![khead neighbours too..........

We just find it much easier to smile sweetly, be polite and just get on with life.

I feel your pain though, we've had some shockers over the years. Sometimes they just get your goat up!!!
I have learnt though it is just better to get on with life.
Don't give them the satisfaction of letting it get to you.
You know you're the better person, so just move onto the planning of your next trip.................
Then post photos here...

Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »
My father was a lawyer and said after divorces, neighbour disputes are the nastiest.

Years ago I would have got annoyed and done something. But in my older age I have mellowed and I think being civil (wave and a hello) but ignoring them is the best way to go about it. Otherwise you are falling to their levels. In this case it is just petty behaviour.

I've had a few nasty neighbours but the one that sticks out is from many years ago in a London flat share - which was an old Victorian house converted to flats. We had a crazy neighbour below who complained about anything and everything we did. Especially noise where he would retaliate by playing Madonna "Ray of Light" at full volume. One time he put it on repeat and went out all day. It wasn't  party house it was over things like our TV or Spin drier being above 900rpm.  Our water pipes went through his flat too and he had installed a stop cock on them. Any perceived slight could also be dealt with by turning off our water supply. Usually we had to go and ask to turn them back on and apologise for whatever it was we'd supposedly done (coming home late, leaving a bicycle in the communal entrance, parking in 'his spot' etc etc).  He also 'renovated' his bath room by removing the ceiling which left just our floorboards between us and him - we could see through them into his bathroom and him into ours. It was like that for weeks.

The water stoppages stopped after we warned him not to do it again, and he did. So we called the cops to report the presence of the tall suspicious plants he had in his greenhouse.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway