Author Topic: The "Show us ya Garden - Landscaping" Thread  (Read 21573 times)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: The "Show us ya Garden - Landscaping" Thread
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2020, 04:03:15 PM »
Looks so green and lush,

For about the first time in a year  :D We've had reasonably good rain for about the last 3 weeks and the grass is just starting to recover after a loonnng dry spell, but there are still quite a few bare spots. We've got fairly crappy sandy loam around here, I'd love to top-dress with an organic blended topsoil but Mrs Spada wont let me spend money on "dirt" :'(
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »
Topdressing is really a thing you do to level a lawn.  If you are allowed, get hold of a coring machine and fill in the holes with the "good" soil.
If I get an area of lawn that is struggling, I fork it, and open up the holes a bit and go over with dynamic lifter and hose in.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2020, 05:41:06 PM »
Topdressing is really a thing you do to level a lawn.  If you are allowed, get hold of a coring machine and fill in the holes with the "good" soil.
If I get an area of lawn that is struggling, I fork it, and open up the holes a bit and go over with dynamic lifter and hose in.

You're right, I cored and fertilized after the first couple days of rain and it sure helped, but would have loves something decent to top over the cored holes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 07:51:56 AM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.