Author Topic: Bali, who's been recently?  (Read 9616 times)

Offline billnjim

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Bali, who's been recently?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »
Been several times - plenty hate it & plenty love it. I see it for what it is - cheap family holiday with activities for everyone that are affordable. We don't venture too far of the beaten tourist tracks but thats more to do with time limitations (have been known to pop over just for a long weekend) and having an 8yo then not being adventurous. We never make plans over there really unless we need to book a driver for the day (having been using the same person for the last 7 years) and then we make a full day of it - cost bugger all.

scarpsD40

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »
I've travelled a fair bit of Oz, and not necessarily a big fan of Bali, but value for money for accom, food and service it's hard to beat this close to Aus.

Agree, if you don't mind the extra flight time, Thailand and Vietnam also good value.

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
I booked cheap (return) direct flights out of cairns ... In total with insurance and 20kg baggage allowance each... for 5 adults .. (cause the youngest child will be 16 when we go) it was just under $1700

I definitely want to do the Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos ..... but I would like to do it with barrabart and I only ..... but thanks for your thoughts
have you ever noticed, that whenever you run into a spiderweb, you turn into a ninja?!

scarpsD40

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
We found a good driver with a nice cool (aircon) car. If anyone needs the details, just pm me and I'll message them back.

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2014, 08:20:57 PM »
Just booked flights for $1058.00 for the three of us, August next year for SWMBO 50th. Might have to find a fancy restaurant.
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »
I've travelled a fair bit of Oz, and not necessarily a big fan of Bali, but value for money for accom, food and service it's hard to beat this close to Aus.

Agree, if you don't mind the extra flight time, Thailand and Vietnam also good value.

I had always rejected Bali as a destination due to the bogan factor but if you choose the right area you can avoid the morons, we stayed in Sanur which is quieter and more family friendly.
   I wanted to go to Thailand but the Bali deal was better value as i didnt want to go to Phuket or any of those resorts, i wanted the kids to experience the culture and not sit around a pool which they can do at home.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »
Just booked flights for $1058.00 for the three of us, August next year for SWMBO 50th. Might have to find a fancy restaurant.

we are going in august too ..... I will keep an eye out for the "myswag" sticker  ;D
have you ever noticed, that whenever you run into a spiderweb, you turn into a ninja?!

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »
What day?
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 05:38:07 AM »
from the 16th to the 24th