Author Topic: Advice on locations SE QLD / N NSW  (Read 16488 times)

Offline swallowtail

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Advice on locations SE QLD / N NSW
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »
I have sent a message to Levuka asking if they are able to accommodate us, so will see what they say. Thanks all, some great advice, and some great suggestions for future trips too!

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 12:46:32 PM »
They will, and you'll like it. ;)
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »
if they get some rain then personally i'd give the place a miss for a few weeks though, the tracks become very slippery and if wet enough are almost undrivable without getting bogged, and last time i was there (about 2 years back now i'll admit) the leeches were pretty full on due to how wet it was there. It won't be like that now though, they'd had heaps of rain leading up to when i last went there, was still a nice spot to just sit back at camp doing nothing though.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline swallowtail

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
We're planning on doing a lot of sitting around and doing not much, so as long as we can get in, get out for shops occasionally, and get out and go home time that's all we need! :) We're only in an AWD SUV, so we'll be fairly conservative about finding somewhere to set up camp!

KingBilly

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »
We're planning on doing a lot of sitting around and doing not much, so as long as we can get in, get out for shops occasionally, and get out and go home time that's all we need! :) We're only in an AWD SUV, so we'll be fairly conservative about finding somewhere to set up camp!

Shops are not close.  Be warned

KB

Offline swallowtail

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »
Yep - general store at Urbanville I believe, but that's about it? We're pretty self-sufficient (110L EvaKool lol) so we should be good.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »
you'll be fine then... the main track into the property and to the camp ground weren't an issue, even when vehicles running 35" muddies and big lifts were getting bogged on the tracks whilst we were there.

Shops are not close.  Be warned

KB
as KB said....it's about 16klms back to Woodenbong which i think is the closest town though Urbeville may be closer but is smaller still? I'm not sure what sort of shops they have there exactly, it's a small town that should atleast have the basics available though

Offline swallowtail

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 07:14:50 PM »
you'll be fine then... the main track into the property and to the camp ground weren't an issue, even when vehicles running 35" muddies and big lifts were getting bogged on the tracks whilst we were there.
as KB said....it's about 16klms back to Woodenbong which i think is the closest town though Urbeville may be closer but is smaller still? I'm not sure what sort of shops they have there exactly, it's a small town that should atleast have the basics available though

Cool - we'll manage! :-D

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
its just as quick to turn right out the main gate Mal & head to Urbanville. they have from memory an IGA, butchers and servo. they have a few more shops but cant think what they were now.Woodenbong has a hardware store with a reasonable camping supply section.the convenience store has a modest grocery line and they also have a butchers there in town.
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
its just as quick to turn right out the main gate Mal & head to Urbanville. they have from memory an IGA, butchers and servo. they have a few more shops but cant think what they were now.Woodenbong has a hardware store with a reasonable camping supply section.the convenience store has a modest grocery line and they also have a butchers there in town.
Never been to urbenville from Levuka, so will take your word for it mate, and yeah it's an IGA across the road from the pub. The Urbenville Hotel does a nice counter meal, have had a few there over the years...think it's Ollies mate that runs the place from memory also?

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »
Never been to urbenville from Levuka, so will take your word for it mate, and yeah it's an IGA across the road from the pub. The Urbenville Hotel does a nice counter meal, have had a few there over the years...think it's Ollies mate that runs the place from memory also?
Ollie has mates??

well i'l be................................
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 08:12:17 PM »
Cool - we'll manage! :-D
when you get to the homestead, make sure you tell them your a my swagger. i have been holding meet up's there for my swag for a few years now.We go at Easter. say hello to Robert for me,cheers.
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline broncos11

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »

Having driven Nissans all his life, Mark is very up to date with all the emergency services/shops around our great country!!!!
2003 IFS V8 100 series

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 08:17:10 PM »

Having driven Nissans all his life, Mark is very up to date with all the emergency services/shops around our great country!!!!
food,grog & fuel.

what else?

oh,and a reliable 12 volt power supply  ;D
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 08:44:26 PM »
i thought he turned right because he could hear the banjos playing loudest from that direction, turning left takes you closer towards Qld direction instead  ;D ;D

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »
i thought he turned right because he could hear the banjos playing loudest from that direction, turning left takes you closer towards Qld direction instead  ;D ;D
yeah the right heads that way to the pub and left into the waste lands,easy decision  :cup:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 07:29:16 AM »

Lucky7 is the store across the rd from the pub in urbanville. It has very basic supplies, take away food, is the servo also. The pub does a good feed as mal said, tell daz, Olly  sent you, actually best not mention it, he may charge double. There is also a news agent just up from the pub.
Woodenbong has a better shop for groceries. The servo in woodenbong across from the pub is also 24hr for fuel.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline gumboot

• Tent User
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 08:09:35 AM »
Levuka is great, especially after some  rain as it is then nice and green. A bit if mud makes it great 4wding there...
Owners are lovely and laid back.
Re the shops, We normally stop for a feed at Woodenbong pub on the way home.

Cheers
Robert

Robert
2007 D4D GXL Prado
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
Another thing to be aware of is grass Ticks especialy on youngesters .. A mate recently had to go to emergency to get two removed after a weekend trip ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "