Author Topic: Bathurst 2014  (Read 84799 times)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Bathurst 2014
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2014, 08:54:07 PM »
Great race, no one could have picked a better script to finish on.  Well done to Chaz Mostert and Paul Morris last to first and to think the other vehicle he was racing on the last lap was also a back marker. 

As for Ford v Holden, that is only kept alive by the fans, it died many years ago in the V8 Supercars, slowly becoming more and more like Nascar, same vehicle with a different vehicle silhouette.  Not much Holden or Ford under the shell. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2014, 09:05:22 PM »
Ford won, Holden lost

Fixed your post ;D

Almost every Holden team made multiple errors over the entire weekend.

The no. 6 FPR car only made one!  Appointing Paul Morris as Chaz's codriver...

british touring cars

Really?  Unless you class 'push to pass' as real racing...  I followed the BTCC during the much hyped 90's and other than 'bump and run's' it was never that good.

While average driving and heaps of mistakes might make for lots of 'overtaking' it doesn't mean it's great racing.

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Ford didn't win, Holden lost it :)

The bigger picture is, Whingecup lost and Lowndes sc*&^%^ himself , sux that ford won  ;D  but it made my day
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

Offline slcs78

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »
And despite this whincup still extended his lead in the championship!!!! On a serious note think percat did a good job and good to see three nissans in top 10
2012 colorado LTZ
MDC V4 TBox camper

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »

And despite this whincup still extended his lead in the championship!!!!

Thanks to his teammate taking out the other contenders.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Offline slcs78

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »

Thanks to his teammate taking out the other contenders.

Next you will be claiming team orders  :cheers:
2012 colorado LTZ
MDC V4 TBox camper

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »
Next you will be claiming team orders  :cheers:
Nah. Craig's more than capable of a push to pass on his own without Roland telling him.

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2014, 04:54:33 AM »
 :cheers:

Strange thing, I'm a ford guy but have always backed drivers, and they mainly drove crumbledores

Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2014, 04:59:27 AM »
lf that race was a movie you would reckon the writer was on drugs . Nobody could have put on a race like that that got better as it went on . Ford winning is a bonus but it will be interesting to watch what happens when there is no sponsorship $ splashed about  .  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:25 AM »
I enjoyed the first race the most, It was good to see McLachlan get another win.

After they all rebuilt their cars and had their lunch, the second race was ok, but I thought the pace car was going to get the trophy
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline 2impulsiv

• Tent User
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »
What an awesome race, I drunk waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much yesterday and luckily for me i watched the race at my bosses house. So today we are having a day off to recover!! :)

2012 GIC Extreme Off-Road Camping Trailer. Here!
2014 GXL Prado. Here!

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
Was the best race in many a year, even though I was hoping the Volvo would win, just to upset everybody. Brilliantly fought down to the wire b y everyone, and I tell you, those last 5 laps I was pacing the loungeroom as I couldn't sit still lol
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »
Was a great race. I think being allowed to work on the cars during the red flag wasn't the best idea - but its in the rules so I don't blame any of the teams for doing what they did. Although Im not really a fan of Giz I did feel for him when the car wouldn't restart as he would have had a podium for sure. I was disappointed to see Scott Macglauglin tag the wall as I believe he could have made the top three as well. I reckon lowndes coped it a bit rough after he turned around winterbottom, from my perspective it was just a racing incident and if it was earlier in the race I don't think he would have coped the drive through

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:59 PM »
Quote from: speewa158
That's only 1/2 a car  >:D

its a touch faster though, handles better, does better laptimes... shall I go on??? :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #341 on: October 13, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »
shall I go on??? :)

I thought you already had......  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #342 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:13 PM »
Hes lead all year up till last round  :(

Australian young gun Jack Miller paid dearly for a last lap error as Spain's Alex Marquez won the Moto 3 race in Japan and extended his world championship lead.

The drama completed a tumultuous Japanese weekend for Queensland-born Miller, who also crashed during qualifying.

Miller led for much of the Motegi race, with a lead pack of six riders in the hunt for a race victory coming into the final lap.

As riders jostled for position at the end of the back straight, Miller and English rider Danny Kent both ran wide then narrowly avoided a collision on re-entry.

Miller finished fifth - 1.2 seconds behind victor Marquez.

Marquez, the younger brother of MotoGP world champion Marc, moved 25 points ahead of Miller with the win.

Miller's race position matched his qualifying result, remarkably achieved after getting back on his bike after crashing.

The Australian started the Moto3 season looking every bit a world champion with three race wins in five meets.

But he's been bettered by Marquez in each of the last five rounds to lose the championship lead.

Just three rounds of the championship remain, beginning with the Australian leg at Phillip Island next weekend.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25240209/miller-stumbles-in-moto3-title-hunt/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:44 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lets go Camping......!!!!!!!
« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2014, 03:35:53 PM »
My first time on the mountain, and it was unreal, I have followed the V8 from early days to what it is now, and love it....I know it doesn't resemble what most of us grew up watching, but I still think its awesome.

To be there and see these guys going at it, even during practice was just so bloody exciting, the tele doesn't do them justice, they are dead set screaming at every point on the track...a real eye opener.

We camped for 4 days in the Paddock area as its called, and it was decent, small sites and while modern amenities, we still had to line up for a shower at times, could defo do with more.

The cost was $170 bucks for the 4 days, and kids under 12 were free, access to all areas minus the pits and corporate areas of course. The 4 days were non stop action, with the action kicking of at 730-800am each day with a break for lunch, and then recommencing with more racing of all class' including the big guns each day.

TBH, I thought it was great value for money, based on other events of taking the kids to and payed a lot more for a lot less, the camp sites could be bigger, but in the end we only camped there and then up and off we went.....Great weekend, if you haven't been and are keen on the V8's get along, you wont be sorry.

If we have enough enthusiasts, and could get enough numbers and early enough prior to book etc.....maybe we could throw a MYSWAG weekend together up there....its defo a must do for the motorsport followers.....

Swanny

PS, was going for Whincup, but great to see a young fella get up and win, just happy it wasn't Whingebottom..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline raider

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2014, 03:42:09 PM »
My first time on the mountain, and it was unreal, I have followed the V8 from early days to what it is now, and love it....I know it doesn't resemble what most of us grew up watching, but I still think its awesome.

To be there and see these guys going at it, even during practice was just so bloody exciting, the tele doesn't do them justice, they are dead set screaming at every point on the track...a real eye opener.

We camped for 4 days in the Paddock area as its called, and it was decent, small sites and while modern amenities, we still had to line up for a shower at times, could defo do with more.

The cost was $170 bucks for the 4 days, and kids under 12 were free, access to all areas minus the pits and corporate areas of course. The 4 days were non stop action, with the action kicking of at 730-800am each day with a break for lunch, and then recommencing with more racing of all class' including the big guns each day.

TBH, I thought it was great value for money, based on other events of taking the kids to and payed a lot more for a lot less, the camp sites could be bigger, but in the end we only camped there and then up and off we went.....Great weekend, if you haven't been and are keen on the V8's get along, you wont be sorry.

If we have enough enthusiasts, and could get enough numbers and early enough prior to book etc.....maybe we could throw a MYSWAG weekend together up there....its defo a must do for the motorsport followers.....

Swanny

PS, was going for Whincup, but great to see a young fella get up and win, just happy it wasn't Whingebottom..... ;D ;D ;D

Get Bird to organise it , ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:44:01 PM by raider »
Don't live a life of going-to-do's and die with nothing done

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
Must admit watching it on tv and actually being there is an entirely different experience, Havnt been up there for the past 7yrs but would seriously be interested in doing a myswag gathering there or even for the 12hr next year  ;D
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

Offline slcs78

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
Must admit watching it on tv and actually being there is an entirely different experience, Havnt been up there for the past 7yrs but would seriously be interested in doing a myswag gathering there or even for the 12hr next year  ;D

Im in for either the 12hr or the 1000
2012 colorado LTZ
MDC V4 TBox camper

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
its a touch faster though, handles better, does better laptimes... shall I go on??? :)
Can we stop you  ??? Might be better on the Rant thread  ::)     :cheers:

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lets go Camping......!!!!!!!
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2014, 06:14:28 PM »
Get Bird to organise it , ;D

After just reading the other thread and commenting I get it now  :-*, DOD......