Author Topic: TPG internet/phone bundle  (Read 449 times)

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
TPG internet/phone bundle
« on: January 19, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »
Looking into the TPG Internet/Phone bundle for $79.99 a month under which you get ADSL broadband, line rental, unlimited local and national calls, calls to mobiles and calls to 13 overseas countries.

Sounds good, but any comments welcome from anyone who has used it. I'm particularly interested in TPG's definition of "unlimited".

Cheers, Tony

Offline scarps

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Time for change
    • www.scarpsanonymous.net
TPG internet/phone bundle
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »
Looking into the TPG Internet/Phone bundle for $79.99 a month under which you get ADSL broadband, line rental, unlimited local and national calls, calls to mobiles and calls to 13 overseas countries.

Sounds good, but any comments welcome from anyone who has used it. I'm particularly interested in TPG's definition of "unlimited".

Cheers, Tony
hi Tony, I've been with TPG for over 10years for internet and never had an issue with what I signed up for, and what I paid monthly. The only issue I have had to date is the Telstra line into our estate that TPG have to use. If your current phone and data line is good, then very happy to recommend the TPG service.

Not sure if it's still the case, and I'm sure someone on here will be able to confirm, but I understood that the TPG service is an offshoot of the Aus Government internet service.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:09:13 PM by scarps »
2014 Nissan Navara STX V6 Turbo Diesel and Trackabout Safari SV Extenda CT. Going to see as much of Oz as time permits and die trying.

Offline Socks

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • New to all this ........
Re: TPG internet/phone bundle
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »
We've had tpg for ages. At previous addresses we had no major issues. The modem dropped out now and then and had poor range but was fixed by a wifi extender. At this current house the tpg stinks! But so do all other service providers around here apparently. I agree that if you're current line is good you should be right. As for the unlimited, it's good. Was all included and we didn't have extra costs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Weso's SWMBO
3 munchkins

Nissan Navara 2008 D22 & Leisure Matters hard floor Ranger

Online jdavies

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
my experience with TPG is they are great until you have to call them up and get support.
But what provider is good at support I guess

Was with them till I moved and was no longer able to get adsl (only cable). during that time, no major issues

Cheers

Justin

Offline DeLuxHiLux

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Growing Old is Inevitable. Growing Up is Optional
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
Im with TPG but unless they have their own gear at the exchange you wont be able to get that plan. Im on an"offnet" plan because they dont have their own equipment in my exchange. I pay $20 more a month than "on net" and cant get home phone vs the equiv adsl2+ on net. They stopped rolling out new exchange euipment when Big Kev announced the NBN, and we are 3 years from NBN in our area. Thanks Kevin
That said..... still better than BigPondScum
'07 HiLux with some "fruit
'11 Tambo Omeo

Back home in one piece!!!

Common Sense: So Rare, it's a SuperPower

Our half lap 2013  blog: www.deluxhilux.blogspot.com.au

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »

But what provider is good at support I guess

Iinet support is very good - you call them if busy you request a call back and they do so at the time specified and you can understand them
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline blue suzuki

• Learning the Ropes
  • camping is a friend
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »
I was with TPG for quite a while. The only problem I had with them was understanding the Indian accent over the phone. Ive been to India many times and never had any trouble understanding them. The female help was the hardest to understand. The waiting time to get help was horrendous. I moved over to Dodo. Their call centre is in the Philipines and their English is a lot easier to understand. Most have American accents. The help knowledge is far superior to TPG

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »
Hopefully you shouldn't need support...

11yrs with optus, called then twice I think.. both times I ****ed up not payin the bill  :-[ :-[
--
Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld

Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne.
--