Author Topic: Only in QLD  (Read 19543 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Only in QLD
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »
Is this the reason they want to make Nth Queensland a separate state?
Clive will step up & be premier
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline bodgie

• Tent User
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »
Doesn't it make the carpets fade   >:D

The extra daylight makes everything fade quicker.

Offline Homer_Jay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2013, 06:32:06 AM »
I'll try that next time I go to work.  It'll make an easy day for the Cabin Crew because we'll take off before any of the passengers have checked in.  I'm sure they'll understand that their flight departed early for the convenience of the pilot, and so sorry, no more flights until tomorrow!

Then I'll go look for another job.   :angel:

Now being more sensible, I have not yet heard a rational reason for not having daylight saving.  Curtains don't fade, there is no more daylight, and the temperature change from one hour to the next is greatest in the mornings, not mid afternoon when schools get out.  Poor little kiddies, never dun us no harm when I wuz yung.

I couldn't understand why it would bother you in your situation at all. As wouldn't your hours be all over the place anyway? Or do all flights leave at 9:00am and land at 5:00pm?

I don't see any rational reason we need it in Qld.

There is still the same amount of daylight hours in the day. Get up early and enjoy the best part of the day doing what you want!
It's a no vote for me!

But I am self employed and I only work the hours I want anyway.

Landcruiser 76 wagon V8 T/D

Supreme Getaway pop top 12 ft

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
Flew into Brisbane Saturday afternoon -  was really bumpy as we went over the boarder where the time zone changes. It was like going back in time!
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline rodw

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »
Flew into Brisbane Saturday afternoon -  was really bumpy as we went over the boarder where the time zone changes. It was like going back in time!

So we missed with the ground to air missile? Sorry about that. Must have been close to rock the plane.  ;D ;D
Will try and do better next time. Gotta keep whinging southerners out of our sunny state!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
So we missed with the ground to air missile? Sorry about that. Must have been close to rock the plane.  ;D ;D
Will try and do better next time. Gotta keep whinging southerners out of our sunny state!
;D ;D ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t