Author Topic: ARB Clearance sale  (Read 19016 times)

Offline JB

• Soft Floor Camper User
ARB Clearance sale
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »
Just got back from ARB Kilsyth.     I rocked up at 7.30 and there were already about 30 guys waiting outside the locked gates.    I had my eye on the 2.5m awning but resigned myself to missing out when I saw half the group on the footpath ran the 100m length of the carpark when the gates opened.
When I strolled into the warehouse there were four awnings being carried out; so I did have a chance but alas was too late.
I did but a pair of IPF HIR spotlights for $200, which I think is about half price as well as some other odds and ends.
Patr80

Do you think there would be any of the IPFs left?  Could be worth the drive.

Cheers

JB
NW Pajero - 'Kat'  The Canopy Camper

Offline Andrew_C

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: ARB Clearance sale
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 03:30:40 PM »
Picked up a set of ipf900s for $100, bargain. There was a fair bit of stuff at 8 o'clock, I was glad I went.

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
Patr80

Do you think there would be any of the IPFs left?  Could be worth the drive.

Cheers

JB

Sorry, none left.   There were five and I saw them all go by 9am.
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline JB

• Soft Floor Camper User
ARB Clearance sale
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 08:16:36 PM »
Sorry, none left.   There were five and I saw them all go by 9am.

Bugger!

Thanks Patr80l

Cheers

JB
NW Pajero - 'Kat'  The Canopy Camper

Offline Nug613

• Learning the Ropes
ARB Clearance sale
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
I wanted one of the fridges from nundah store, but as I live about an hour and a half out of Brisbane I resigned to the fact that I would have to get up super early to get there and line up and then may not even get one. And I read there was only 3 so I think I saved myself some fuel, time and disappointment.

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
Only having a two or three things of a few  items really constitute a sale ? cheap advertising i guess
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

Offline Andrew_C

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »
At Kilsyth here was a pile of stuff, it was left overs, returns, random end of line stuff etc, etc. if you knew what you were looking for/at and what you wanted to pay, bargains to be had. You needed to make decisions on the spot, I should of grabbed a rooftop tent at $450, I hesitated and it was sold. That's the way it goes. It was just a warehouse clean out.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
Gotta say I think it was a pretty piss poor effort from them advertise nationally and offer SFA in half a dozen locations. Good luck to those that scored something but my opinion of ARB just slipped further.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
ARB Clearance sale
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
Why? It was exactly what they said it was and they provided a list of what they had for sale. Pretty clear and straightforward, how is that piss poor?

They were selling ex demo etc items before stocktake, not a general sale

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »
Hi guys, good to hear a few of you picked up some bargain gear.

This was the first pre-stocktake sale that we've run and it was organised at pretty short notice this year. Unfortunately, due to the limited lead time, some of our state offices weren't able to offer as much gear as we'd have liked, particularly our Moorebank store who were coming off the back of a couple of big NSW shows.

In our defence, we did list exactly what was on offer at each location.

The reason it was run at our state offices and not a wider range of stores is that these locations also act as our state warehouses so the ex demo, factory second and superseded items all reside there. We may look to expand this to other stores if future sales take place.

We certainly acknowledge that there are some areas that we can work on for next time but in general most of the feedback we'e received has been positive.

As always, more than happy to receive constructive feedback though  :cheers:

Cheers, Sam.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
Thanks for the update Sam, it was a great initiative with some ripper deals. Just next time let me have access the day before :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
Thanks for the update Sam, it was a great initiative with some ripper deals. Just next time let me have access the day before :)

Haha.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Trailers, trailers, trailers, trailers..
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
I would have loved to have gone and got a rooftop or awning for nicks, but since i am disabled and cant run i dont bother going to these sales anymore..

Even the 4wd shows leave me in pain and swallowing pain killers all day and the next, more than i would usually..

I love 4wding but i gotta go at my own pace and rest up when i get home..

1993 80 series landcruiser

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
It seems our fantastic economy is dictating that everybody is having these stock take clearances at present. And there is not so much consideration or planning more just to generate cash flow as nothing is happening. I was in a ARB the other day and it was a ghost store.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
DJ's is trying something different http://www.theage.com.au/business/djs-holds-firm-on-discounts-20130527-2n7hv.html

David Jones boss Paul Zahra has vowed to push through his strategy of sacrificing loss-making stocktake sales to safeguard store profit margins, just at a time when a warm start to winter and pitiful consumer sentiment have led the upmarket department store to post its worst quarterly sales result in two years.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »

This was the first pre-stocktake sale that we've run and it was organised at pretty short notice this year. Unfortunately, due to the limited lead time, some of our state offices weren't able to offer as much gear as we'd have liked, particularly our Moorebank store who were coming off the back of a couple of big NSW shows.

The reason it was run at our state offices and not a wider range of stores is that these locations also act as our state warehouses so the ex demo, factory second and superseded items all reside there. We may look to expand this to other stores if future sales take place.

We certainly acknowledge that there are some areas that we can work on for next time but in general most of the feedback we'e received has been positive.

Cheers, Sam.

Hey Sam if there is not that much gear maybe make it a bit fun and throw a BBQ on and do an auction for the items just put a really low reserve on each item and see how it goes
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »
. I was in a ARB the other day and it was a ghost store.

Theres a lot of that going around at the moment specially with our local supercrap and autobum stores
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

bully

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »
I went to the sale at Nundah ARB. As I have had no luck wiith service there in the past  I was hesitating going back. Got there at about 8 what a wast of time. So I went inside to buy a redarc BCDC 1240 charger. As there is no prices on anything had to first wait and find some service. Asked the price they said around $600. I said that sounds a bit pricy and he said I will just check. Then he replied sorry there $700. I said I was going to buy one today is that the best price. YES that is it take it or leave it. So I drove to Springers and purchased one for $450 plus alot better service. I know you can get them off ebay cheaper but I like to support the local buisnesses. I must say I am not realy impressed with any ARB stores service since they floated the company and started worrying about the share holders instead of the customers, its as though they all have a big chips on there shoulder because they are ARB. Thanks springers you should give ARB a lesson in customer service!!!!!

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
I must say I am not realy impressed with any ARB stores service since they floated the company and started worrying about the share holders instead of the customers

Bully ARB became a public company over 10 years ago and ARB wouldn't be what it is today without outside investment. I believe the customer service issues you mention are more to do with store staff attitude than management of the company.

I guess you'd be annoyed if you didn't buy shares 4 years ago...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

bully

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »
Isnt management of the company to do with staff attitude as well. Without the customers satisfaction there will be no ARB. I dont claim to be a manager but it believe management of people is the beginning of managing a company. And no I am not worried about the share price!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
Isnt management of the company to do with staff attitude as well. Without the customers satisfaction there will be no ARB.

Totally agree however that attitude is set by the store manager not head office. Personally I feel if you're not spending $10K on a brand new rig fitout they're kind of disinterested.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

scarps

ARB Clearance sale
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »
I tried to spend $6k+ at ARB early last year.  Despite it currently being in the top 5 selling large 4WD's in Aus, for ARB, seems I bought the wrong 4wd.
I'm now happily supporting other local aftermarket businesses who listen, happy to support, and will be able to supply and fit their products for many other Jeep owners.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:29:44 AM by scarps »

KIMBOPRADO

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2014, 03:12:33 AM »
Just read the latest ARB ASX market May14 update

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20140508/pdf/42phrdrl47ls1x.pdf

Australian original equipment (OEM) down 36%  - only offset by exports to US etc up 36%

An interesting read

Offline BT50bundysplease

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2014, 03:31:37 AM »
This has become a bit of a ARB bash so I feel I should add a positive story. I recently had a two inch OME lift kit fitted to my BT50 by ARB in Thomastown Vic on Wednesday before Easter,all good.  Went away to Jamieson for the long weekend,crossing over Mount Terrible when I heard a bang,immediately though cv joint had let go,had a check around but found that the top nut on the drivers side shocker had let go >:(   Long story short,limped into Jamieson for repairs,went back to ARB the following Tuesday,They could not apologise enough,changed both front struts on the day,and then looked after me with an excellent deal on a fuel filter as a good will gesture,so to Ray and the crew ARB Thomastown,thank you. :D

Offline Chris J

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • My OKA - 166
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2014, 07:08:14 AM »

Cheers, Sam.

Coffee and cake whilst waiting in line would be good!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder - My work is done here.