Author Topic: Wireless tyre pressure monitor  (Read 13045 times)

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Wireless tyre pressure monitor
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 04:24:01 PM »
We won a Tyredog one with 4 valve cap sensors.
It worked for a year, then the sensors went dead without any warning.
I replaced the batteries without any luck.
It is now somewhere in the garage.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
Looks like I spoke too soon, my Tyredog unit (purchased Aug 2012) has worked flawlessly until last week. The number 4 sensor is now consistently 2 PSI higher than the tyre’s actual pressure. I have proved this by swapping number 3 & 4 sensors and the number 4 sensor remained 2 PSI higher even on a different tyre. I have emailed the distributor and await a response.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 06:24:06 AM »
Recently purchased a Doran TPMS, looks the goods but a lot more $$$'s than the above models. Each sensor is programmed in to the receiver and can be expanded to cover more tyres that I will ever have. Individual pressures can be set for each tyre so the CT's will be less than the tug's.

If a sensor fails, you can buy a replacement.

Dropping pressures is a bit of a drama as the sensors have a locking mechanism that needs to be loosened before removing the sensor.

http://www.doranmfg.com/tirepressuremonitorproducts.htm
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Renno

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »
Recently purchased a Doran TPMS, looks the goods but a lot more $$$'s than the above models. Each sensor is programmed in to the receiver and can be expanded to cover more tyres that I will ever have. Individual pressures can be set for each tyre so the CT's will be less than the tug's.

If a sensor fails, you can buy a replacement.

Dropping pressures is a bit of a drama as the sensors have a locking mechanism that needs to be loosened before removing the sensor.

http://www.doranmfg.com/tirepressuremonitorproducts.htm

Hem.
Who did you purchase the doran through.
Was looking at a tyre dog but these look good to....
Renno  :cheers:

Offline cyberess

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
Had the tyredog TPMS. Couldn't throw the thing far enough....... >:( >:(

The whole unit was sent back, twice, 3 senders "failed" all within 12 months and had batteries that would only last a few days (major drain somewhere in the sensors)

In the begining tyredog were great to deal with, but I think the continual failure of the unit and they wanted the unit returned not replaced, which I wanted saw us part ways.

They are a top idea however, there appears to be some problems. Hella used to sell an aftermarket one and they have since dropped it.
Why I don't know.

When there is a reputable mob selling them, I'll purchase again but until then.......................

Had a similar problem, when I purchased a unit over 3 years ago..  It gave that many false alarms, -- the main display unit died, it did take about 2 months to get a replacement unit under warranty -- I basically gave up on the unit..  Maybe things have changed now  -- as I loved the idea, and I would consider buy another tyre pressue monitoring unit, if it was guaranteed to work.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »
Looks like I spoke too soon, my Tyredog unit (purchased Aug 2012) has worked flawlessly until last week. The number 4 sensor is now consistently 2 PSI higher than the tyre’s actual pressure. I have proved this by swapping number 3 & 4 sensors and the number 4 sensor remained 2 PSI higher even on a different tyre. I have emailed the distributor and await a response.

Posted this in another thread -

A big thanks to the guys at Tyredog (aka Zylux). I had a sensor reading 2 PSI high so I took it to them today, they tested and agreed with me. My unit was 3 months out of warranty and I didn't take the receipt but they gave me a new sensor anyway :cup:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:57 AM »
Hem.
Who did you purchase the doran through.
Was looking at a tyre dog but these look good to....
Renno  :cheers:

Sorry for the delay Renno, we are on the road at the moment.

Bought it through Doran, good service etc... I am having some issues with picking up one signal from the CT, I believe that the problem stems from my set up [the BT50 has a custom made canopy that is blocking it] so I may need a booster. Not a big issue but will sort out when I get home.

As for the rest of them, they are working a treat, alarms for both LOW & HIGH pressure, plus each tyre can have an individual PSI set.

Regards

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Renno

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »
Sorry for the delay Renno, we are on the road at the moment.

Bought it through Doran, good service etc... I am having some issues with picking up one signal from the CT, I believe that the problem stems from my set up [the BT50 has a custom made canopy that is blocking it] so I may need a booster. Not a big issue but will sort out when I get home.

As for the rest of them, they are working a treat, alarms for both LOW & HIGH pressure, plus each tyre can have an individual PSI set.

Regards

Hem

Thanks mate, will check them out.
Renno :cheers: