Author Topic: Victorian Fires  (Read 96751 times)

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Victorian Fires
« Reply #575 on: March 07, 2019, 08:49:29 AM »
Quote from: macca
Could be wrong but I think it is the same guy that owned the winery that is now claiming his son was assaulted by police, doesn't take much imagination to work out what happened there, he seems to have his head in take at every chance he gets
I'd say 2 sides.... and yea, seems to pop up more than Eddie Maguire..

this one?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/teen-whose-family-lost-livelihood-in-bushfires-in-hospital-after-altercation-with-police-20190306-p5129z.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:51:55 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #576 on: March 07, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/mick.ott/posts/10216212605920379

Some of the 'saves'.

I agree with his comments about being prepared for a fire. 

"All of these buildings below have one thing in common, the property owners had spent time to prepare for the potential of bush fire.
Cleaning up, cutting back vegetation, clearing gutters of debris, watering the surrounding gardens to create a safe zone, ensuring driveways are accessable to fire trucks and having dedicated fire fighting water supplies on site."

"I'll be blunt, if you don't attempt to prepare your property for the event of bushfire and allow years of overgrowth to build up making it unsafe for crews to defend, don't expect a fire crew to chose to turn up your drive and fight to save your home and their own lives."

Shame the 'owners' and 'managers' of Public Lands can't do the same. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:27:52 PM by alnjan »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #577 on: March 07, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/mick.ott/posts/10216212605920379

Some of the 'saves'.

I agree with his comments about being prepared for a fire. 

"All of these buildings below have one thing in common, the property owners had spent time to prepare for the potential of bush fire.
Cleaning up, cutting back vegetation, clearing gutters of debris, watering the surrounding gardens to create a safe zone, ensuring driveways are accessable to fire trucks and having dedicated fire fighting water supplies on site."

"I'll be blunt, if you don't attempt to prepare your property for the event of bushfire and allow years of overgrowth to build up making it unsafe for crews to defend, don't expect a fire crew to chose to turn up your drive and fight to save your home and their own lives."

Shame the 'owners' and 'managers' of Public Lands can't do the same.

The thing is, the prep doesnt start when theres a report of a fire, its an ongoing thing to keep things in check 365 days.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Online macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #578 on: March 07, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
That was the same at the Riddles Creek fires a few years ago, just about every house was a very small green oasis surrounded by black. I only seen one house and one shed burnt and they were both closely surrounded by old tall trees and rubbish everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2019, 07:10:38 AM »
The thing is, the prep doesnt start when theres a report of a fire, its an ongoing thing to keep things in check 365 days.
There a sign near home I see all the time
"Fire prevention week starts every Monday."
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux.