Author Topic: Fridge Box  (Read 1958 times)

Offline budgie

• Learning the Ropes
Fridge Box
« on: July 05, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »
Anyone know who sells fridge box's with slide to mount on draw bar & about what they cost?

Thanks
Greg

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Fridge Box
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
I don't think anyone sells them as a standard item. You'll probably need to look at having something custom made, or talk to your CT manufacturer if you know they make one for their range.

Head to somewhere like Ovesco.com.au for some slides to fit the tray you'd get made at the same time.

Offline cheif carlos

• Tent User
Re: Fridge Box
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »
why not draw one up to your specs then you can have it store parts that you don't realy have the right space - eg solar panels and build to store. I am looking to cut up my 40k Complete Campsite cause it doesn't suit generic avalible parts.

also if you you build it with a gull wing design you can get better access to it
Camper delivered as expected. Price does not always equal quality. But each to their own!

Offline Nical

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »
Hi,
A couple of options, 1. I know that cub campers sell a fridge box seperately from their campers, they were expensive about $2,500 with fridge slide and all. 2. I got an aluminium fabricator in Brisbane to make mine how i wanted it.

The draw bar had two angle welded to attach the front box to. Just bolted straight through.

Nical

Offline budgie

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »
Hi,
A couple of options, 1. I know that cub campers sell a fridge box seperately from their campers, they were expensive about $2,500 with fridge slide and all. 2. I got an aluminium fabricator in Brisbane to make mine how i wanted it.

The draw bar had two angle welded to attach the front box to. Just bolted straight through.

Nical

Hi Nical,
thanks for that, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost?

Regards
Greg

Offline Nical

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
The made me a 2.5mm checkerplate aluminium toolbox, 1700x500x700 (huge) with a T-bar closing and sealed door on either end similar to the one in the photo. I also had some reinforcing angle welded onto it so I could strap stuff to the top. Also some angle onto the front corners so I could run some shade cloth to it for a stone guard. Company called Tong Metal, they will make you just about anything, from aluminium, quite a good bloke really.

Offline Nical

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
The box on my trailer was $700