Author Topic: Where to live in Perth  (Read 8655 times)

Offline rkwpjv

• Tent User
Re: Where to live in Perth
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
I am in Dianella, 8kms from the city, some parts of Dianella can be pricey although the older part where I am you can get a nice place for about $550k upwards.
Prado 120 T/D Grande + 2010 Jayco Eagle Outback Alpha Pack

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
1/4 and half acre are pretty standard up the hill,  we are on 2000 m2, would like another 1000 or so though ;D
End of the day, we are looking at around $450k, so we can't afford kalamunda ;D We went for a drive through the suburb yesterday and it's a Shit load busier there from what I remember it

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »
End of the day, we are looking at around $450k, so we can't afford kalamunda ;D We went for a drive through the suburb yesterday and it's a **** load busier there from what I remember it
you should try it next Saturday for busy, half of Perth shows up for the monthly market.  Every Sunday is also pretty busy with the weekly farmers markets.ñ
2016 GXL 200 Series Cruiser and Modified 2001 TL8 Camprite

Offline Flemo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »
We happily got out of wa in 2009 to move east. Not for me but everyone has their own opinion. I'm into surfing and unfortunately Perth has a big reef running all along the coast so you have to travel 1 hr plus for decent waves. We lived in booragoon halfway between city and freo, good schools, shops etc, close to the river and have just sold up. 4 bed house there is 600+ at the moment and prob 600 a week rent min.
Without offending any wa people my real hate of the place is how everyone is so proudly behind the times and anti east coast. No Sunday trading, development near the swan, daylight saving, pokies etc I honestly can't see whyanytourists would wanna go there for more than about 3 days before they ran out of things to do. Also it is 50% more for a beer over there, schooner here 4.40 there 6.50 at least, same with food at resteraunt.

Offline Hal Harvey

• Swag User
  • OKA and Red Track
    • Bluewater Tackle World
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »
Ha ha we were just talking about being a tourist in Yamba last night. The first thing the waiter at the restaurant did was lift the tablecloth and fog us with insect repellent! The food should be cheaper when they use deet instead of turmeric.

Dazzler, the real estate market is still falling and is heading for worse when the mining market takes the inevitable tumble. While Labor are in power you will definitely be getting more for your (our) money in Tassie than you will in WA.

Offline Flemo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
Ha ha we were just talking about being a tourist in Yamba last night. The first thing the waiter at the restaurant did was lift the tablecloth and fog us with insect repellent! The food should be cheaper when they use deet instead of turmeric.
Where was that then Hal? I'll guess the seafood joint near the caravan park? Wouldn't eat there for free!

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
Best place in Perth is about three and a half days drive east!

We live in Aveley, a relatively new suburb near Ellenbrook in the Swan Valley. We quite like it (as much as we can get excited about Perth!). it has great park areas, its all clean and new, there aren't too many derros living here (yet, except us!) and it's pretty close to the city (half hour or so). Also close to other amenities, Midland, Joondalup for big shopping centres and all most of the government agencies you may require. Less than half an hour to the airport. Ellenbrook also has a developing shopping centre (if thats your thing) that is getting bigger and bigger every month it seems. There's a new Masters Hardware store being built, will open mid year I think.

AND - hopefully you can buy our house soon, or we could do a house swap to beautiful Tassie. Why the flick would you want to move from there? If its for work, tell then to shove it and find another job!

Good luck!

No, No, No. The best place is 3 days drive North ;D
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Hal Harvey

• Swag User
  • OKA and Red Track
    • Bluewater Tackle World
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 06:42:44 PM »
Where was that then Hal?
- can't remember now but close to the water. It was a few years ago. We probably wouldn't have remembered anything in particular about it if it wasn't for that experience, so it's not a bad thing really!