Author Topic: I have to say it..... F1 is rubbish  (Read 67790 times)

Offline boobook

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: I have to say it..... F1 is rubbish
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »

Your talking about 2 different venues the Clipsal 500 crowd was up on the f1 crowd at the same venue

Ohhh you mean comparing the crowd from 2012 in Adelaide verses the crowd from 17 years ago. Strange comparison but..

Clipsal 500 over 4 days  2012    263,400 people
F1 over 4 days 1995 Adelaide    520,000 people

Thanks for pointing that out ;D

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
It was also great to see Vetel having some good luck and Webber finishing in front of him again.

How good was it to see Vettel's rear tyre disintegrate like that ;D it was his own fault too!!

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline ausiwaz

• Swag User
  • I've got a KKK and I'm not affraid to use it!!
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
If you cant tow a Kamper Trailer whats the point?
Comming to a National Park near you!!!

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
It was nearly the best part of the race.
2003 Toyota Prado Turbo dsl
Cub Supamatic Escape Offroad
Stacer 349 Cartopper with a Suzuki 5hp 4 stroke
All set now for a big trip just need the money
and time off work.

Variflex

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »
Was a fantastic race yesterday, The Australian Grand Prix was also a great watch, looking forward to the next round

Offline Chris-Vi

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Prado and Sportscruiser 1550
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
I have enjoyed the first 2 races this year. Looks like an interesting season.  :cheers:
2008 Prado GX
2013 Sportscruiser 1550

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
Typical Vettel as well, it was the other guys fault Quote"Some people need to look more where they are going".
Its a bit hard when a car cuts in front slicing your front wing off.
He got what he deserved.
Saying that, he is a talent and will fight back.
mcbadger

Offline drrnadms

• Tent User
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »
F1 and V8 have all lost the mojo, cars are all the same their is really no speed difference its just plain boring. I always loved my motor sport but it's more interesting watching paint dry. These people who run this sports make all the money and the fans get rubbish in the end. It's time they bring back the old days with group C big bangers using today's cars, at least we can buy them and it would be more entertaining than the show they put on now.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Darren  :police:
Drive to survive.

Offline markbos

• Swag User
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Darren, if you get the chance watch the British touring car. Your description sums it up nicely. Considering the weather and the driving styles you could almost say they drive by touch.  At times its quite spectacular.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
Aerodynamics of the F1s and V8s screw with the close racing today. Watch some footage of F1 from the 70's and early 80's awesome. The F5000's at Oran Park were just unbelievable, been to many many motor races both bikes and cars and nothing made the hairs stand up on the back off your neck like a full F5000 field screaming off the start at Oran Park. The pansey sound Police today would blow a gasket they were like fighter jets going past 2 and 3 abreast.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
nothing made the hairs stand up on the back off your neck like a full F5000 field screaming off the start at Oran Park. The pansey sound Police today would blow a gasket they were like fighter jets going past 2 and 3 abreast.

Same for me at Winton, Calder, Sandown.  They were incredible.

You could "feel" the soundwaves over the armco - none of that BS catch screen fencing in front of you!

My favourite spot was the old turn one at Sandown, when the pits used to be in that area.  If you got there early, you could get a pit pass and hang over the wall there at the entry and watch them come down the main straight and turn in, just over the armco, about 6m away.  Totally dangerous, but worth it!

:cheers:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:29:43 PM by Mace »

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »
Well, the race in Valencia wasn't so rubbish last night, it was a bloody cracker! :D Heaps of close racing and overtakes, plenty of biffo and Vettel finally gets some bad luck (karma?!). Webber fought his way up from 18th on the grid to 4th and was only 1 second off the podium; now he's running second in the championship.
And this was only the eighth race of the season.....we're in for a belter!!
Probably the best race of the season so far, with the obvious exception of Webber winning at Monaco :cup:

Cheers
Matt

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
I'm with you Matt was an awesome race last night.
2003 Toyota Prado Turbo dsl
Cub Supamatic Escape Offroad
Stacer 349 Cartopper with a Suzuki 5hp 4 stroke
All set now for a big trip just need the money
and time off work.

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »
Only been to the F1 race once, when still living in Melbourne I was fortunate to get a pit pass etc and go see them really closeup, with a good seat at the track between left and right hand corners.
Have to say the noise and the other really amazing thing was the SMELL of the cars going past @ a constant 17,000 RPM's in every gear 8) each car was in view for just a matter of seconds from where I was sitting even though I could see many hundreds of Mt's of track.
The racing is just so dam fast, as you could only see them for very short periods of time between the 2 corners where I was, I was there when one car went airborne over another back in early 90's right in front of me but I did not see it because it happened so fast and I was watching another section of the track, by the time I swung my head to see what the 'different' noise was it was done and only the dust was still moving.

I believe you get a much better visual experience on a large plasma TV with a good surround sound system  ;D

( would rather be at or watch the V8 Supercars, either on TV or real life anyday )

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
Hi,
   as a kid I was taken to car and bike races at Baskerville and Longford - never went to Symmons Plains. Parents had friends who were mad keen petrol heads.

I managed to shoot a few bunnies over the back of Baskerville, and got some nice photos of grass hoppers at Longford.
The only other exciting thing was collecting the discarded cordial bottles after every body left at the end, they were worth 1/- each I think.

All a bit of a yawn I thought, but I do appreciate watching very rare bit of trials motorcycling when or if I catch it on the box.

cheers

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »
Only been to the F1 race once, when still living in Melbourne I was fortunate to get a pit pass etc and go see them really closeup, with a good seat at the track between left and right hand corners.
Have to say the noise and the other really amazing thing was the SMELL of the cars going past @ a constant 17,000 RPM's in every gear 8) each car was in view for just a matter of seconds from where I was sitting even though I could see many hundreds of Mt's of track.
The racing is just so dam fast, as you could only see them for very short periods of time between the 2 corners where I was, I was there when one car went airborne over another back in early 90's right in front of me but I did not see it because it happened so fast and I was watching another section of the track, by the time I swung my head to see what the 'different' noise was it was done and only the dust was still moving.

I believe you get a much better visual experience on a large plasma TV with a good surround sound system  ;D

( would rather be at or watch the V8 Supercars, either on TV or real life anyday )

Yep, the noise and smell are all part of it.
Are you referring to the crash where Ralf Schumacher went over the top of Villeneuve, when the marshall was tragically killed? If so, that happened right in front of me also.....could've been standing next to you mainey ;D

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
Yep, the noise and smell are all part of it.
Are you referring to the crash where Ralf Schumacher went over the top of Villeneuve, when the marshall was tragically killed? If so, that happened right in front of me also.....could've been standing next to you mainey ;D

x2 for the noise and smell... and the general atmosphere.

I was there as well.  I think I spotted Mainey... he was the guy walking around with little solar panels on his hat, charging his phone.   ;D ;D

LJ
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »
Hi,
   as a kid I was taken to car and bike races at Baskerville and Longford - never went to Symmons Plains. Parents had friends who were mad keen petrol heads.

I managed to shoot a few bunnies over the back of Baskerville, and got some nice photos of grass hoppers at Longford.
The only other exciting thing was collecting the discarded cordial bottles after every body left at the end, they were worth 1/- each I think.

All a bit of a yawn I thought, but I do appreciate watching very rare bit of trials motorcycling when or if I catch it on the box.

cheers

;D Yeah I know what you mean. It's not for everyone. I took a mate to the GP a few years back, and he fell asleep during the race!!! The amount of beer we consumed may have had something to do with it though ;D
Have you ever watched the Isle of Man TT? Now that is some crazy scary stuff!!

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »

I was there as well.  I think I spotted Mainey... he was the guy walking around with little solar panels on his hat, charging his phone.   ;D ;D

LJ

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »

obviously that was not me, as I have stated I was in a seat, did not walk around and the solar panel was charging a computer  ;D

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »
I had a friend racing at the Isle of man and he took me around part of the circuit....road was open so he did take it easy in parts but cornering with a stone wall skimming past your head is scary.

I rode down one part where the road goes around a tree...you are in the sun then hit the shade from the tree and then back in the sun....amazing race and great atmosphere
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »

Hi,
   terrifyingly hard to watch through fists jammed in eye sockets, while trying to jam on brakes, shut throttle, pull in clutch, whilst leaning to each side of the chair trying not to crack the tightly constricted sphincter.

Sweaty palms stuff.

cheers

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »
Plus there was the flying Toro Rosso, Hamilton in the wall, debris everywhere.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
Quote from: brickiematt
prob my favourite even of the year.

Always wanted to this one. Several blokes in the club did it in the 80's, and couple picked up their bikes from BMW factory, did the factory tour, then toured europe and did the isle and had the bikes shipped home as part of the package... I'd love to do that, but cant afford a BMW bike anymore.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »
British GP, 4 laps to go, Webber overtakes Alonso on the outside at about 290km/h for the lead!! C'MON.........

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS