Author Topic: I have to say it..... F1 is rubbish  (Read 75631 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: I have to say it..... F1 is rubbish
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
The WRC will always, in my books, one of the only real motor sports.
Those guys have balls.
200kph down gravel roads with sharps bends and cliffs, fences, buildings, trees on each side of the track.
When they crash, they crash bloody hard.

F1 does nothing for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The ultimate race that sorts the wheat from the chaffe is the Isle of Mann TT Races.  These blokes make the F1, V8 supercar, NASCA and Moto GP RACERS/DRIVERS look like Volvo drivers..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline rockrat

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
The ultimate race that sorts the wheat from the chaffe is the Isle of Mann TT Races.  These blokes make the F1, V8 supercar, NASCA and Moto GP RACERS/DRIVERS look like Volvo drivers..
But I bet they don’t earn a tenth of what Lewis Hamilton earns. And I wonder how many Supercars drivers would still be in Supercars if they had the chance to drive F1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2020, 06:41:02 PM »

A few good riders have ridden the Isle of Mann......most or all have said they won't be back.

Some may say it takes plenty of balls to race there....others will say it takes a lot of depleted brain cells !!

I've always thought it takes a special kind of person to hit the deck at high speed and get back up and do it again. Trouble with the Isle of Mann, sometimes you don't get back up !!  :'(
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: Foo

Offline whitey001

• Tent User
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2020, 07:11:20 PM »
A few good riders have ridden the Isle of Mann......most or all have said they won't be back.

Some may say it takes plenty of balls to race there....others will say it takes a lot of depleted brain cells !!

I've always thought it takes a special kind of person to hit the deck at high speed and get back up and do it again. Trouble with the Isle of Mann, sometimes you don't get back up !!  :'(

Yep, tip into the corner, lift your head to miss the lamp post, drop back down, continue.  I couple of hay bales for safety will do........

Al.
2015 MU-X LST
2016 Modcon International Quattro

Offline tedota

• Tent User
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2020, 07:19:37 PM »
Don't forget the dry stone walls as well. Plenty have ended up in the odd paddock on their arse.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:12:10 AM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2020, 09:20:13 AM »
Yep, tip into the corner, lift your head to miss the lamp post, drop back down, continue.  I couple of hay bales for safety will do........

Al.
absolutely no margin for error..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0igW8jNyU

buildings and stone walls have no give in them. 
RIP... Bob Price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNVB2HdkN_A
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #357 on: February 28, 2020, 09:59:11 AM »
absolutely no margin for error..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0igW8jNyU

buildings and stone walls have no give in them. 
RIP... Bob Price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNVB2HdkN_A

Fork, that's the first time that I've seen that one with Price and he wouldn't have felt a thing.  :'( These blokes n girls have more ticker than me too race there at those speeds but they all know the stakes if things go wrong.

100mph on a moto doesn't feel fast but over that n things start happening real quick.  :o

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
But I bet they don’t earn a tenth of what Lewis Hamilton earns. And I wonder how many Supercars drivers would still be in Supercars if they had the chance to drive F1.

They wouldnt earn 1/50th of what Hamilton earns These blokes are not prima donnas like most of the F1 racers or the Moto GP stars. . These blokes do it for love, thrills and a few dollars via sponsorship. Money doesn,t give you skill and  and ability.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline rockrat

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »
They wouldnt earn 1/50th of what Hamilton earns These blokes are not prima donnas like most of the F1 racers or the Moto GP stars. . These blokes do it for love, thrills and a few dollars via sponsorship. Money doesn,t give you skill and  and ability.
Very true that money doesn’t give you skill and ability but skill and ability gives you money. I doubt you will find a more talented driver in any car based motorsport than the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen... and most Supercar drivers wouldn’t even be good enough as a reserve test driver in F1.

Just my opinion

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2020, 08:28:06 PM »
Needs to go back to the grass roots- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uir5btMl_JA
Where a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do to follow his heroes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuMFSS1bxA 
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2021, 12:57:48 PM »
no chance it will happen.. bloke at work was in teh queue last year near the front when it got arseholed...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/grand-prix-talks-ongoing-after-report-albert-park-event-will-be-postponed-20210105-p56rss.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home