Author Topic: WHAT'S MAKING NEWS TODAY?  (Read 101860 times)

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: WHAT'S MAKING NEWS TODAY?
« Reply #2025 on: January 17, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Must send a message...
that message is be the son of a cop ???
That'll learn ya...

Similar thing up here. Lucky the victim didn't ride Harleys or work as a tattooist, or he'd have been charged.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/state-to-review-bashing-let-offs/2142332/

With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2026 on: January 17, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »
and those 2 previous posts are the very reason people think the justice system is an absolute joke  >:( >:( i don't give a toss who you are, do stuff like what these people have done and you deserve to serve a stint behind bars IMHO. the inconsistencies of the judicial system leaves many a person scratching their heads far too often.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2027 on: January 17, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
Yep, this is why the Qld Gov is trying to do something and the Judges and Magistrates (and lawyers) do not like it. Fancy challenging their authority, the cheek.  By the way, do you really think that grub being a son of a Police Officer was the reason he got off.  (Different to where a Police Officer does not take action because of who they are.)  What if he was a son of a painter, doctor etc.  Don’t blame his father; it could happen to any father.  Let’s hope our sons and daughters get through life without being a victim or making a very big mistake.  But if they do make a mistake, then they need to be accountable.   Kevin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:16:25 PM by krisandkev »
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, Odyssey Export

Offline Lost

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2028 on: January 17, 2014, 07:28:43 PM »
Quote from: Rumpig
and those 2 previous posts are the very reason people think the justice system is an absolute joke  >:( >:( i don't give a toss who you are, do stuff like what these people have done and you deserve to serve a stint behind bars IMHO. the inconsistencies of the judicial system leaves many a person scratching their heads far too often.
agree 1000%
Sad thing is you'd get more time for ripping your boss off (god help you if you rip off the Gov) of money compared to killing/maming someone.
--
Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld

Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne.
--

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • A man's not a camel......
« Reply #2029 on: January 17, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »
agree 1000%
Sad thing is you'd get more time for ripping your boss off (god help you if you rip off the Gov) of money compared to killing/maming someone.

......or if your name's Derryn Hinch......

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
Aussie Jays Big Red CT

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
  • adventure before dementia as long as l can remembe
« Reply #2030 on: January 17, 2014, 07:53:22 PM »

That's Life                                  used to  :cheers:

DH    Her Majesties Time Share   .  Lara   Vic

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2031 on: January 18, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »
Honeymoon is over...

http://www.theage.com.au/business/camping-sporting-goods-company-super-retail-group-finds-life-no-picnic-of-late-20140117-310cp.html

Australia's recreational speed boaters, campers and fishermen appear to have closed their Velcro wallets in the past six months and thus played havoc with the sales of this group's biggest supplier - Super Retail Group.

I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

My Prado Build
Customline Deluxe Off Road

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • The Clarence Valley, Big River Country
    • Hairfysh.com
« Reply #2032 on: January 18, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
Agree Mate,
It's screwed.
Jon & Karen(Hairs & Fysh)& 3Billy Lids

Google Earth & PLT Files

Offline scarps

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock!
    • www.scarpsanonymous.net
WHAT'S MAKING NEWS TODAY?
« Reply #2033 on: January 19, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »
Out of control bush fire near Wagga in southern NSW
2012 CRD Jeep GCWK2 and Trackabout Safari SV Extenda CT

Going to see as much of Oz as time permits and die trying.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2034 on: January 19, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
Sleazy act by fatty Obarrel to appease his mates in the hotel and liquor industry.

Top Stories: Email reveals Cabinet approved alcohol crackdown

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell has spent the past 16 months sitting on a Cabinet-approved plan to curb alcohol-fuelled violence, despite swelling public pressure for a crackdown. An email obtained by the ABC shows Cabinet gave its in-principle approval in 2012 to new liquor licensing laws that would have encouraged venues to address violence and forced them to foot the bill for regulations. The revelations have emerged after the father of Sydney assault victim Daniel Christie delivered an emotional plea for action from the NSW Government at the 18-year-old's funeral. Michael Christie told mourners yesterday: "It's up to our elected members to set guidelines and a framework to stop this insanity, in the name of all those who have died a violent death or been injured by these acts." The ...

Read the full story
http://ab.co/1j9Rzut

If my cattledog don't like you, I don't think I do either!

Jim

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2035 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
news from a few days ago, got to love NT pollies...lol
http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/centralian-advocate/speed-trial-outcry/story-fnk4wgm8-1226804816860
In response, Mr Giles labelled Mr Scruby a "moron" who should focus on advocating for pedestrians.

"Harold Scruby is a waste of space. More pedestrians die each year than drivers at speed," Mr Giles said.

"Harold needs to start advocating for pedestrians and not talk about speed.

"He can do a petition but I'll say put the petition up your backside. He needs to look after pedestrians or get a life.

"The biggest killer on our roads is alcohol and (not wearing) seat belts. More pedestrians are drunk when they're killed. What is he doing?"

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2036 on: January 20, 2014, 11:25:13 PM »
news from a few days ago, got to love NT pollies...lol
http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/centralian-advocate/speed-trial-outcry/story-fnk4wgm8-1226804816860

Ahh the pedestrians friend Mr Scruby, was also behind the Ausflag aswell I think?

Google "harold scruby wikipedia" and see what comes up first for a laugh.

Jim

Offline Lost

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2037 on: January 21, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
Quote from: achjimmy
Google "harold scruby wikipedia"
I'd rather not.. I'd rather stick a hot branding iron up the eye of my pee hole.
--

--

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2038 on: January 21, 2014, 12:29:54 PM »
I'd rather not.. I'd rather stick a hot branding iron up the eye of my pee hole.

What ever excites you mate  :cheers:

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2039 on: January 21, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »
Personally would like to see the lock outs earlier, do they work? Also 8 years for killing someone, suppose its mandatory so can be more?

Top Stories: O'Farrell announces 'one-punch laws' to tackle alcohol-fuelled violence

New South Wales Premier Barry O'Farrell has announced a raft of measures to curb alcohol-fuelled violence, including mandatory eight-year sentences for fatal one-punch assaults fuelled by drugs or alcohol. The so-called "one-punch laws" also include Sydney CBD lockouts, a freeze on new licences and the statewide closure of bottle shops at 10:00pm. The Premier also announced that sentences for serious assaults involving alcohol will be increased by two years. Under the laws, there will be a mandatory 1:30am lockout for licensed premises across an expanded Sydney CBD entertainment precinct, spanning from Kings Cross to Darling Harbour. Key measures: Eight-year minimum sentencing for alcohol or drug-fuelled assaults ending in death. Serious assault maximum penalty increased by two yea...

Read the full story
http://ab.co/1jqNh22

Jim

Offline B&B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2040 on: January 21, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »
Personally would like to see the lock outs earlier, do they work? Also 8 years for killing someone, suppose its mandatory so can be more?

Top Stories: O'Farrell announces 'one-punch laws' to tackle alcohol-fuelled violence

New South Wales Premier Barry O'Farrell has announced a raft of measures to curb alcohol-fuelled violence, including mandatory eight-year sentences for fatal one-punch assaults fuelled by drugs or alcohol. The so-called "one-punch laws" also include Sydney CBD lockouts, a freeze on new licences and the statewide closure of bottle shops at 10:00pm. The Premier also announced that sentences for serious assaults involving alcohol will be increased by two years. Under the laws, there will be a mandatory 1:30am lockout for licensed premises across an expanded Sydney CBD entertainment precinct, spanning from Kings Cross to Darling Harbour. Key measures: Eight-year minimum sentencing for alcohol or drug-fuelled assaults ending in death. Serious assault maximum penalty increased by two yea...

Read the full story
http://ab.co/1jqNh22

Good to see thatFatty O'Barrell has been shamed by the public statements of the father of a victim and his own back bench into acting on the recommendations of the report he has been sitting on for months.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Lost

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2041 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:35 PM »
For those that take automotive awards seriously...

German car lovers have voiced fury at the country’s powerful automotive association after it admitted to having faked a survey for the nation’s favourite car.
‘‘It’s a write-off,’’ judged top-selling newspaper Bild after the 111-year-old association admitted to having inflated 10-fold the number of survey participants for ‘‘Germany’s Favourite Car’’.

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/rigged-survey-tarnishes-auto-club-20140121-316ce.html
--

--

Offline Robbo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Happy Campers
« Reply #2042 on: January 22, 2014, 07:16:01 AM »
Jeeze! Here we go again. The minority PC Brigade controlling our lives again and telling us what we can and can't wear.
This is the second time in just a few weeks. When are the majority going to fight back and tell these misfits to climb back under their rocks and mind their own damn business. >:(

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/property-of-an-aussie-boy-singlet-pulled-from-ice-stores/story-fnkgdftz-1226807264407

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2043 on: January 22, 2014, 07:58:18 AM »
Jeeze! Here we go again. The minority PC Brigade controlling our lives again and telling us what we can and can't wear.
This is the second time in just a few weeks. When are the majority going to fight back and tell these misfits to climb back under their rocks and mind their own damn business. >:(

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/property-of-an-aussie-boy-singlet-pulled-from-ice-stores/story-fnkgdftz-1226807264407

Yep it's the way it is today. If others don't like your thoughts/political persuasion /ideas/ anything they attack you and it.

Jim

Offline Mrs smith

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2044 on: January 22, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »

Well I reckon that's just flaming un-australian. Too many idjets running around this
country, or is that running this country ?

Online MattNQ

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My Image Gallery
« Reply #2045 on: January 22, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »
Call it karma, fate, just desserts  or whatever you want, it was bound to happen eventually.
With over 100 cars stolen a month in Townsville at the moment (police stats show 443 stolen for Oct-Dec!!) mostly by juveniles, it is suprising this hasn't happened sooner.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/bystander-rushed-to-save-injured-doused-burning-car/story-fnjfzs4b-1226807341473

Very sad for the young lady who died, but it is about time these little thieves realised that it is not a game. Lucky they didn't kill anyone else.
 Certainly shows the quality of one's friends when they leave their injured mates to die so they can bugger off scot free.

“The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilisation.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/

Offline Lost

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2046 on: January 22, 2014, 10:57:46 AM »

I wanna find out what happens to all this *recalled* clothing and buy up just to **** people off.
--

--

Offline Lost

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2047 on: January 22, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
Quote from: MattNQ
Call it karma, fate, just desserts  or whatever you want, it was bound to happen eventually.
With over 100 cars stolen a month in Townsville at the moment (police stats show 443 stolen for Oct-Dec!!) mostly by juveniles, it is suprising this hasn't happened sooner.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/bystander-rushed-to-save-injured-doused-burning-car/story-fnjfzs4b-1226807341473

Very sad for the young lady who died, but it is about time these little thieves realised that it is not a game. Lucky they didn't kill anyone else.
 Certainly shows the quality of one's friends when they leave their injured mates to die so they can bugger off scot free.
Sorry but I have no sympathy for those kids.. None. They will probably end up as scrotes for life on welfare. The driver wasn't a kid - driver was 18yrs old. Shouldn't this be where you make decisions that will direct your future and go with you for the rest of your life? **** em.

What about the poor bastard who owned the troopy? or any one of the other 400+ cars stolen in THREE MONTHS.... This is costing all of us thousands a year we shouldn't have to pay up..
--

--

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Chevy badges on Holdens make Baby Jesus cry!!!!!!
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #2048 on: January 22, 2014, 11:21:04 AM »
Sorry but I have no sympathy for those kids.. None. They will probably end up as scrotes for life on welfare. The driver wasn't a kid - driver was 18yrs old. Shouldn't this be where you make decisions that will direct your future and go with you for the rest of your life? **** em.

What about the poor bastard who owned the troopy? or any one of the other 400+ cars stolen in THREE MONTHS.... This is costing all of us thousands a year we shouldn't have to pay up..

Agree 100%. If someone stole my car, I wouldn't care if they died in a crash. no sympathy. As Lost said, it is costing us all a lot of $$ in insurance premiums.
2003 HZJ105 Cruza
2013 Brumby Hardfloor

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
« Reply #2049 on: January 22, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »
Sometimes young people make bad decisions in life, this time it has cost the young lady her life. Such a sad thing for the families involved. I understand the view points above but its a no win situation for anyone :(