Author Topic: Uninvited guest  (Read 18360 times)

Offline GLC

• Swag User
    • Give Life Center
Re: Uninvited guest
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
thanks for that:)
Showed the pic to my Wife (the real snake person, she converted me from a shovel person) she thinks that it is possible that it could be a brown, only problem is that the pic is a little blurry, can you go and take another pic a little closer this time;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:34:54 PM by GLC »
First aid training and supplies.
First aid is NOT a bandaid solution.

Offline jaycamrie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »
those first couple of pics looked more like an Olive Python.  Can have an attitude but in reality just want to go about their own business.  The problem with killing "dangerous" snakes is that most people wouldnt know what snake it is if they fell over it.
3000 reported bites, 300 people needing treatment, 3.2 deaths.  Yet the average snake gets killed in the 1000's because people dont know the reptiles and dont know their temperament.  Snakes generally clear out from humans as we are way too dangerous.
and 20.00 for a snake bite kit???? you cant be serious, tell them they are dreaming and you can get one for about 10.00 easily.  15 if you want a extra roller for legs.
   that ain't no olive its a brown

Offline morcon

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
second that.

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »
I just hate them all, give them all a wide birth, generally dont have to much trouble with them around here though. touch wood.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »
second that.
x3, err on the side of a brown
Its got a small head, not distinctive triangle head nor triangle hex bandings.

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »
It also has an orange belly, which also points to it being a brown.
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline Crosslander

• Tent User
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
The saying is that if you have black snakes around you'll have no browns. One of my mates is the local snake handler nd he reckons it's bs.

Well not sure about not having any around but it certainly can't hurt...

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:17 AM »
Try the image tag instead of the html tag

Perfect alarm system :)

Reptile show I once seen...handler mentioned that all poisoness snakes have 3 tiny dots on the top of their head
But are you going to get close enough to look
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:24:04 AM by bobnrob »
Bob and Robyn

Offline GLC

• Swag User
    • Give Life Center
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »
true problem is she spends so much energy keeping the door open she never has the energy to bite anyone when they come near:)

The other day she decided to climb from the shelves over the airconditioner and along the fluros, problem with being 12 foot is it takes time to stretch out properly.

mind you this is the same snake that stuck its head in the toaster to see where the bread went.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2011, 11:25:18 AM »
I was having dinner with some mates on Monday night and the topic of snakes came up. One recounted a story that went along the lines of a girl rang a radio station that had a vet or reptile handler for a guest and this girl who had the pet snake woke up with it in bed with her 2 nights in a row and the snake was dead straight next to her. The advise she was given was get rid of the snake, it was apparently sizing her up :o :o :o.

Don't know if it is a true story but I thought it was a good one.

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:17 PM »
Looks like a Python to me, heads too big to be a brown snake and a bit too long as well, very rare for them to be over 2mtrs (6 foot) so that one in the door at 4mtrs (12foot) can't be a brown snake.

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline morcon

• Tent User
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »
I'd have a schooner to say that the snake in the first 2 pics of the thread is an Eastern Brown and looks to be about 5' long. Am getting pretty thirsty so happy to be proved wrong. :cheers:

Offline jaycamrie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Looks like a Python to me, heads too big to be a brown snake and a bit too long as well, very rare for them to be over 2mtrs (6 foot) so that one in the door at 4mtrs (12foot) can't be a brown snake.

Baz.
the one in the door yep python ,the one in first pics definate brown . I have a brown skin in a jar  that measures 7 foot 10 inches will try to get a pic

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 04:24:58 PM »
I'd have a schooner to say that the snake in the first 2 pics of the thread is an Eastern Brown and looks to be about 5' long. Am getting pretty thirsty so happy to be proved wrong. :cheers:

OH yes, the first pics definately a brown, I'm happy to shout a schooner regardless of whether I'm wrong or not :cheers:

Any excuse :cup:
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline bimborocks

• Swag User
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
the one in the door yep python ,the one in first pics definate brown . I have a brown skin in a jar  that measures 7 foot 10 inches will try to get a pic
Agree as well. 
A shed skin will be longer than the snake it came off but I would bet that the brown that one is off would be at least 6 foot

Cheers
James

Offline GLC

• Swag User
    • Give Life Center
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »
looks like I owe you a schooner when we next meet, I was sure it could have been a olive, missus didnt agree, but just in case I wouldnt be handling a wild snake, took me 6 months to get to a stage I would handle her comfortably although I still get nervous.  Brown or Olive they still have a right to life and they are still an important part of the nature of life, they remove rats and rabbits, what more could you ask:)

Offline jaycamrie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »

A WOMAN has died in hospital after she was bitten by a snake at a private property near Stanthorpe, south-west of Brisbane, late yesterday.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/woman-dies-from-snake-bite/story-e6frfku0-1226184523144#ixzz1cdCORIqS
 what was that about no one has died since starting to wrap with a bandage
We relocated 3 browns and a redbelly black from under the house this week gives me the heebie jeebies with two young kids