Author Topic: How do you pack your soft floor camper trailer?  (Read 25432 times)

Offline Prado BB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: How do you pack your soft floor camper trailer?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
Hi Prado BB,

I guess packing depends on your camper. The size of you family, and destination.

We often bush camp.
So when do we take a chain saw, and a camp oven. These fit in the front tool box.

we have two kids, they sleep in bunks which pack flat on top of the bed.

Our CT has lockers and toolboxes all over it. These hold the electrics, general camp hardware. Camp toys for the kids. Etc

The rear has 1 big draw that is the kitchen. It holds a massive stove and fridge. food and general pots pans and general kitchen stuff.

Under the bed are 4 draws that hold our personal items. When the tent is up. They are in the tent.

A couple of things I have learnt.
A generous travel cover is useful. and bikes are always hard to pack, and resist the temptation to over pack. Less is more.

Have fun.

That's a very modular unit you have there, some great ideas :cup:
Cheers Andy

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way, that you look forward to the journey.

Offline watto11

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Watsonfamilycamping/165262510248075
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
I'm really enjoying reading this topic as I'm new to CTering and looking at the set up of our trailer I notice most people seem to just use boxes and not slides which is interesting I am keen to make some long slides with angle and bearings but I can't convince my wife to move kitchen off tailgate and onto slide so at moment that's not really practical so I'll be paitent and keep reading and camping till I know what I want then try and beg for it lol

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-23.938846,151.350094

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »
glad this topic was raised - i'm also looking for a storage solution!
What materials have you guys used for the 'skids' ? and how do you stop it scratching the paintwork to the sinide of the trailer base ? Is it rubber? or more of a hard plastic ?
(and i don't intend on using drawer slides so don;'t suggest them please!)

We used strips of laminex - one on the base of the ct & the other on the large slide out drawer...worked well.

As for storage, flat things [tables etc] were stored on the bed base.

The best suggestion is to try different things, then once you have it sorted, draw a plan of what goes where. I remember 2 couples living out of a Trackabout for 8 weeks, they had the plan laminated & stuck to the bed base so when they lifted it up they had it all there to refer to even to the point of sticking numbers to each box!

Hem

p.s., now that we have more room, we have more stuff to take, apparently it's a SWMBO thing.

H
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline schmik

• Tent User
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Full length drifta storage drawer like here : http://www.drifta.com.au/StorageBoxes.php
Worth every penny!

I have the drawer, a drifta carback kitchen and a 70L esky.  I also made a box the exact same size as the kitchen that is stacked on top of the kitchen.

mike

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
We used strips of laminex - one on the base of the ct & the other on the large slide out drawer...worked well.

As for storage, flat things [tables etc] were stored on the bed base.

The best suggestion is to try different things, then once you have it sorted, draw a plan of what goes where. I remember 2 couples living out of a Trackabout for 8 weeks, they had the plan laminated & stuck to the bed base so when they lifted it up they had it all there to refer to even to the point of sticking numbers to each box!

Hem

p.s., now that we have more room, we have more stuff to take, apparently it's a SWMBO thing.

H
so where does your monsoon tarp go?  8)

with your track record you must have a permanent storage place for it  :-*
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline kiwipete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
Our Camper has a Slide in Kitchen with plenty of storage for food etc and large Aluminium Draw that also holds a 40l Waeco.  Together holds plenty and with the Front Box more than enough room..  These campers come standed with a tent cover that can hold all your other luggage sleeping bags etc as it has 6 adjustable straps...  Storage is no problem with these campers....   
KiwiPete
1991 HDJ80
Explorer Campers & Canvas - Lawson Off Road
http://www.explorercampers.com.au/
Canberra