Author Topic: What do you play music from while bush camping in your camper?  (Read 18241 times)

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
Re: What do you play music from while bush camping in your camper?
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »

To be honest, I don't really want to hear music whilst I'm camping.  Much prefer The Sounds of Nature (volumes 1, 2, 3 & 4) ... cattle lowing, birds chiruping, creeks gurgling, dogs farting (on occassion), wind blowing, trees sighing, roosters crowing (occassionally), cans being opened, sausages sizzling ... nothing better can be made in any music studio.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
This looks like a decent buy

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/grundig-stereo-speaker-system-dock-iphone/?cm_mmc=newsletter-_-20111006-_-prods-_-20841

GG

Offline Janbo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Jayco Eagle - Jeep Cherokee KK
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 07:30:16 AM »
This looks like a decent buy

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/grundig-stereo-speaker-system-dock-iphone/?cm_mmc=newsletter-_-20111006-_-prods-_-20841

GG

Looks okay but I tend to find that Grundig products are tat.... Not be confused with the Grundig that was German made quality product.

JB HiFi have some great specials on logitech, sony and TDK to name a few, all around that price.... I wouls check them out!!
We are all in the gutter....... But some of us are looking at the stars!!

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 12:25:40 PM »
it's called a 6 string Ibanez!!
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »
We don't play any music when camping, although if the footy is on I'll check the scores from time to time.

Rich
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline Prado BB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »
We don't play any music when camping, although if the footy is on I'll check the scores from time to time.

Rich

:cup: me too
Cheers Andy

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way, that you look forward to the journey.

Offline Crisp Image

• Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again!
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »
it's called a 6 string Ibanez!!
So you can sit around the camp fire and sing Kombyyah and bond with the boys?

2008 Outback Sturt, 2010 Prado 150 D4D Tug

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:43 PM »
I like live music..

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:49:10 AM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2011, 07:27:43 AM »
When I start to play it's more like "Oh jeez is that the time? I must get to bed/wash the dishes/pull some teeth/move my camp"
dunno why.......
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline Prado BB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »

To be honest, I don't really want to hear music whilst I'm camping.  Much prefer The Sounds of Nature (volumes 1, 2, 3 & 4) ... cattle lowing, birds chiruping, creeks gurgling, dogs farting (on occassion), wind blowing, trees sighing, roosters crowing (occassionally), cans being opened, sausages sizzling ... nothing better can be made in any music studio.

Kit_e

agree totally ;D that's the point of it to me 8)
Cheers Andy

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way, that you look forward to the journey.

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »
Really - do we need to do this every time? Not having a go at anyone in particular, so please don't feel slighted.

Here we have a thread about "what do you use to listen to music when out bush". Presumably because the OP likes to listen to music when out bush, and is interested in finding out what setup would be best to allow him/her to listen to music when out bush. I'm guessing he/she would like to draw on the experiences of other people, who also like listening to music while out bush. I would imagine that he/she is expecting to receive informative advice from other people about their experiences, and what they would recommend. All in the field of listening to music when out bush.

If you do not like listening to music while out bush, that's perfectly fine. It's what makes us all different. Some like listening to music when out bush, some don't. I will fight to the death for your right to go bush and not listen to music. If you feel the need to express how much you don't like listening to music when out bush, feel free to start an appreciation thread. I would suggest the title "What do you NOT play music from while bush camping in your camper?". I'm more than happy for that thread to contain nothing more that people saying how much they don't like listening to music when out bush. I promise to post this same response to THAT thread if it gets overrun by people posting constantly about how much they like to listen to music when out bush, and what the best way to listen to music when out bush is, and so forth.

But when there's a particular discussion around a particular request/idea/train of thought, can we please stick to it, at least in spirit? Same as when Person A asks a question about how best to connect X to Y, and instead receives 4 pages of hotly contested debate about why both X and Y are junk, and that Z is obviously superior. Be that as it may, it's not the topic that's being discussed.

I know it's not intended in that manner, but the reality is that the constant reinforcing of one's beliefs in someone else's thread comes across as very self-righteous and holier-than-thou. Certainly we're all hear to learn, and to listen to everyone else's experience and opinion, but let's try to at least stay on topic, shall we?

Let's keep the constant opining to the allocated topics :
* Toyota vs Nissan
* Caravans vs campers
* Jaycos vs campers
* Anything in the Electrical section

Thanks,
Matto :)
The cranky guy who's thankfully not a mod, so none of the above holds any weight.
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »
Really - do we need to do this every time? Not having a go at anyone in particular, so please don't feel slighted.

Here we have a thread about "what do you use to listen to music when out bush". Presumably because the OP likes to listen to music when out bush, and is interested in finding out what setup would be best to allow him/her to listen to music when out bush. I'm guessing he/she would like to draw on the experiences of other people, who also like listening to music while out bush. I would imagine that he/she is expecting to receive informative advice from other people about their experiences, and what they would recommend. All in the field of listening to music when out bush.

If you do not like listening to music while out bush, that's perfectly fine. It's what makes us all different. Some like listening to music when out bush, some don't. I will fight to the death for your right to go bush and not listen to music. If you feel the need to express how much you don't like listening to music when out bush, feel free to start an appreciation thread. I would suggest the title "What do you NOT play music from while bush camping in your camper?". I'm more than happy for that thread to contain nothing more that people saying how much they don't like listening to music when out bush. I promise to post this same response to THAT thread if it gets overrun by people posting constantly about how much they like to listen to music when out bush, and what the best way to listen to music when out bush is, and so forth.

But when there's a particular discussion around a particular request/idea/train of thought, can we please stick to it, at least in spirit? Same as when Person A asks a question about how best to connect X to Y, and instead receives 4 pages of hotly contested debate about why both X and Y are junk, and that Z is obviously superior. Be that as it may, it's not the topic that's being discussed.

I know it's not intended in that manner, but the reality is that the constant reinforcing of one's beliefs in someone else's thread comes across as very self-righteous and holier-than-thou. Certainly we're all hear to learn, and to listen to everyone else's experience and opinion, but let's try to at least stay on topic, shall we?

Let's keep the constant opining to the allocated topics :
* Toyota vs Nissan
* Caravans vs campers
* Jaycos vs campers
* Anything in the Electrical section

Thanks,
The cranky guy who's thankfully not a mod, so none of the above holds any weight.
Does someone have to post that sort of reply everytime?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:09:23 AM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Matto

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »
Does someone have to post that sort of reply everytime?
I have one job on this lousy ship...

Thanks!
Matto  ???
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
I have one job on this lousy ship...

Thanks!
Matto  ???
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »

Are you sure your not disguising yourself as Lost???  ;D
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

Offline Matto

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Are you sure your not disguising yourself as Lost???  ;D
Rats - they're onto us Lost!  :police:

Thanks!
(Who's now taken the thread right off topic. Way to reinforce your message Matt.)

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
Maybe the anti camping music brigade could start their own thread about camping with only natures sounds...

-Sometimes I love listening to music while camping.
-Sometimes I love NO music while camping.
-Sometimes I love listening to my partner and friends play their guitars while camping. (traveled around Australia with her Fender in the back of the Hilux)
-Sometimes when camped remotely, or no one else within k's we love to crank it up loud and party!
-But most of the time its nice to have in the background as you relax and enjoy a holiday with family and friends.

Back on topic.

Tried all manner of stereo's over the years.  The car, D cell 'Boom Boxes' and a car stereo built into a box with jumper leads going to the car battery.

The easiest and most energy efficent is my 18v Makita

Excellent sound, excellent radio reception, aux plug for MP3 and as someone else said, long battery life.  Something like 15 hours from one battery.  Plus there not afraid of a bit of sand, dirt or water.
Big downside is its an expensive outlay if you don't have the Makita cordless tools. 

A friend had one of those little Belkin ipod docking stations which had fantastic sound for something so small.

Offline davo69 and the Nurse

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • '07 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »

Back on topic.

Tried all manner of stereo's over the years.  The car, D cell 'Boom Boxes' and a car stereo built into a box with jumper leads going to the car battery.

The easiest and most energy efficent is my 18v Makita

Excellent sound, excellent radio reception, aux plug for MP3 and as someone else said, long battery life.  Something like 15 hours from one battery.  Plus there not afraid of a bit of sand, dirt or water.
Big downside is its an expensive outlay if you don't have the Makita cordless tools. 

A friend had one of those little Belkin ipod docking stations which had fantastic sound for something so small.

Wow! I love the look of them. And they sound hardy too!

the Nurse
get DIRTY