Author Topic: Sydney Road Tolls  (Read 1800 times)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Sydney Road Tolls
« on: December 20, 2019, 05:25:21 AM »
As at last month, for the M2 and M7 toll roads in Sydney, a car and caravan that is greater than 12.5 metres in total length and more than 2.8 metres high is now deemed a "Class B" vehicle, attracting a toll three times that for Class A vehicles such as cars. So a caravan rig of this size will cop the same toll as a B double.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/you-can-t-avoid-these-tolls-higher-rates-for-unhappy-campers-20191030-p535uz.html
I can see a lot of grey nomads spewing over that one.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Sydney Road Tolls
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 07:26:04 AM »
Grey nomads spew over having to pay anything over $1.50 for fuel and over $10 for a camp site so you could make the toll road free and they would complain that there are no free camps 8)
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 08:04:16 AM »
Grey nomads spew over having to pay anything over $1.50 for fuel and over $10 for a camp site so you could make the toll road free and they would complain that there are no free camps 8)

NOT just  "grey nomads"
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »
:cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 03:44:11 PM »
Saw this on another forum.
Keith

Four retired truck drivers are walking down a street in Cooktown. They turned a corner and see a sign that says, Old Timer's Bar - all drinks 10 cents!

They look at each other, and then go in, thinking this is too good to be true.

The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, 'Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, Gentlemen?'

There seemed to be a fully-stocked bar, so each of the men ask for a martini.. In short order, the bartender serves up four iced Martinis…….. shaken, not stirred, and says, 'That'll be 10 cents each, please.'

The four men stare at the bartender for a moment. Then look at each other……..they can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their Martinis, and order another round.

Again, four excellent Martinis are produced and the bartender again saying, 'That's 40 cents, please..’

They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity is more than they can stand. They have each had two Martinis and so far they've spent less than a dollar.

Finally one of the men says, 'How can you afford to serve Martinis as good as these for a 10 cents each?'

'I'm a retired tailor from Sydney,' the bartender said, 'and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery for $25 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs ten cents - wine, liquor, beer, it's all the same.'

'Wow!!!! That's quite a story,' says one of the men.

The four of them sipped at their Martinis and couldn't help but notice seven other people at the end of the bar who didn't have drinks in front of them, and hadn't ordered anything the whole time they were there. One man gestures at the seven at the end of the bar without drinks and asks the bartender, 'What's with them?'

The bartender says, 'Oh, they're all grey nomads from the caravan park, waiting for happy hour when drinks are half price.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.