Author Topic: Turn your headlights on!  (Read 23838 times)

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Re: Turn your headlights on!
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2021, 05:15:46 PM »
Yep, good point. The cam only shows through the top part of the screen, which may be obscured while the rest of the screen is clear.. I get ya.. But did you have your lights on? .... kiddin...
Hahaha, I always do, which I forget to turn off when I get to Maclean, resulting in a Blat Fattery :).
Usually get a phone call from a good Samaritan to let me know.
:)

PS,
Sorry to scare everyone with the head in the mirror :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 05:26:06 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2021, 05:42:32 PM »
All these "aids" are doing is creating a society of nonthinking idiots who rely on the aids instead of "driving".

Then, as their brain cells have deteriorated, are blaming the aids for their cockups..........

Partial dipping headlights............WTF, dip the FN things properly.......
Adaptive cruise.........again WTF, lift ya foot off the accelerator.........
Lane control............another WTF, concentrate on what you are doing and how you are driving.......

Are any of these (and others) really "safety" aids? I don't believe so as they are taking the cognitive function of operating a motor vehicle away from the driver and thus the driver relies on these "aids" to drive for them.............really, are we becoming that lazy?

I have had a Ford Wildtrack for about 12 months, and love all the assists.
Only the other day was at the golf club with 8 mates, and with 2 shouts of schooners to finish the
night used my Ford App to start the car from the bar.
Not that I needed the cabin warm but wanted to chill the console for my travelers.
So cruising on the way home using adaptive cruise control [useless with kangaroos] and lane assist
when I hit a very long left-hand curve, it just kept on coming, and so did a convoy of
B Doubles towards me.
Lane assist is awesome as I was on the phone with my SP with my right hand, and opening a twist top
with my left, so steering with my left knee.
As the curve went on and on, I had to continually adjust, so left the knee go, car corrected to the left and I could get another "bite" on the steering wheel with my knee. Easy.
After dodging a few roos the parking sensors came into their own.
Was backing down the drive when they went off, a quick glance in the reverse camera and a group of kids
were checking my progress, so I knew straight away I was in the wrong house. How cool.
Anyway, finally got home to a freezing night.
The remaining traveller was still cold enough to get the morning paper.

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2021, 06:23:28 PM »

I have had a Ford Wildtrack for about 12 months, and love all the assists.
Only the other day was at the golf club with 8 mates, and with 2 shouts of schooners to finish the
night used my Ford App to start the car from the bar.
Not that I needed the cabin warm but wanted to chill the console for my travelers.
So cruising on the way home using adaptive cruise control [useless with kangaroos] and lane assist
when I hit a very long left-hand curve, it just kept on coming, and so did a convoy of
B Doubles towards me.
Lane assist is awesome as I was on the phone with my SP with my right hand, and opening a twist top
with my left, so steering with my left knee.
As the curve went on and on, I had to continually adjust, so left the knee go, car corrected to the left and I could get another "bite" on the steering wheel with my knee. Easy.
After dodging a few roos the parking sensors came into their own.
Was backing down the drive when they went off, a quick glance in the reverse camera and a group of kids
were checking my progress, so I knew straight away I was in the wrong house. How cool.
Anyway, finally got home to a freezing night.
The remaining traveller was still cold enough to get the morning paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk