Author Topic: Damaged Tambo Omeo - needing repairer in Sydney  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Pling

• Tent User
Damaged Tambo Omeo - needing repairer in Sydney
« on: April 26, 2023, 03:03:58 PM »
Gday all,

On our recent Easter trip bush, we had a pretty severe thunderstorm which caught us un aware with massive winds which basically sucked the life out of our trusty and well travelled Tambo Omeo.
Normally in a bad storm we would anchor the tent/annexe to the car but due to being in good company, some quiet beverages in front of the campfire and hearing the storm roll in that night, we were all complacent saying "ah shell be right" and good ol Mother Nature un leashed..

The damage sustained was the 6 x over bed poles along with mounting brackets bent front and back, the annexe has a significant rip which can be patched, but the worst of it is a 40-50 cm tear along the stitching where the tent base attaches to the trailer along the sail track. To fix this properly the tent will need to come off and am thinking of putting it through Insurance to save myself time and effort.

Problem is, the trailer manufacturer is no longer in operation and the one company who I would have trusted for the repairs here in Sydney (All Terrain Campers) has also closed down. It certainly seems that a good Aussie trailer manufacturer/repairer is hard to find these days.

Any recommendations of someone in Sydney that would be up to the task to remove, repair tent, remanufacture frame structure and then refit.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Damaged Tambo Omeo - needing repairer in Sydney
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 06:44:19 PM »
Quote from: Pling
... and am thinking of putting it through Insurance to save myself time and effort.
This might be the best option with future issues - if they have lifetime warranty on repairs etc..
after all its what ya pay insurance for :)

YMMV
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Damaged Tambo Omeo - needing repairer in Sydney
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 05:10:52 PM »
How did you go in the end?