Author Topic: Fitzroy Crossing Attack  (Read 7374 times)

Offline ab56452001

• Tent User
  • Big Al
Fitzroy Crossing Attack
« on: August 10, 2021, 11:13:59 AM »
Just read about the Fitzroy Crossing attack on the 2 young Girl Travellers at the River Lodge Resort ,together with the goings on in and around Broome a really bad promo for the Area . Stayed in the area a few times over the Decades , nothing improves , i suggest perhaps a return to strict disiplinary measures would help , as the new age , social worker , softly Policing policy hasn[t worked .
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie, NZMarkb

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Fitzroy Crossing Attack
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 11:30:48 AM »
But the writer just blames something that happened 100 years ago   >:( that's like me saying that my great,great ,great grand father was beaten up so that's why I go beating up people, just another excuse for dark coloured ****wit kids to play up. Seems like they got their just deserts though 1 killed, 4 others in hospital. NO sympathy from me for them.  >:( >:( >:(
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"
The following users thanked this post: NZMarkb

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:43:31 AM »
Im with Keith, ****in shoot em

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-10/violent-assault-that-led-to-kimberley-fatality/100357514

But they had barely set up when they were confronted by seven teenagers and children demanding their car keys. They say some of the teens were physically much larger than them.

Unable to locate their keys immediately, the teens' demands turned violent with a metal chair used as a weapon.

"I remember the chair coming up and towards my face and then I blanked out," one of the women said.

"The attacker must have gone for my side as I woke up with bruising on my side."

The other woman has a scarred upper lip from where she was hit in the face with the chair.

"My jaw got quite bruised and my mouth got all quite cut up and my teeth are still quite wobbly," she said.

No one came to help

The women said that despite being surrounded by caravans, and it only being shortly after 9:00pm, their screams went unanswered.

"We began screaming for help, and then I think we both hit a point where we were screaming and we realised no one was coming," one woman said.

or

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-13/truck-rock-attacks/100288080
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:49:43 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 12:19:06 PM »
No one came to help

The women said that despite being surrounded by caravans, and it only being shortly after 9:00pm, their screams went unanswered.

That’s the worst bit.

I can’t believe not a single person did anything to help those girls.
Says a lot about today’s society. :(

Offline ab56452001

• Tent User
  • Big Al
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »
Years ago we took Firearms with us to ping Rabbits and Roo's , good Tucker . and very rarely did anyone get accosted !, Nowadays ?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 02:21:09 PM »
Quote from: Pete79

While I agree, most are probably wrinkly grey nomads... I'd be thinking twice about jumping into a pack of several scum who have no fear of the law as they know nothing will happen to them even if they beat you into a coma infront of your family and probably jump in and beat your missus just for giggles too and then rob you and your van.

YMMV
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 02:44:04 PM »
There was a young white girl bashed like this around 20 years ago, all she did was ask if the young people were ok after crashing their car at the service station she worked at.
Nothing has changed, this will be the second generation of no gooders.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 03:03:24 PM »
And another 1, maybe the cat would teach them some respect, it did for O'mealley
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-10/nt-education-union-umbakumba-violence-government-relocate-staff/100362504
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 03:16:56 PM »
And another 1, maybe the cat would teach them some respect, it did for O'mealley
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-10/nt-education-union-umbakumba-violence-government-relocate-staff/100362504
WTF

"Teaching staff [are] repeatedly the victim of break-ins, often during the middle of the night, by intruders wielding machetes and axes," AEU NT branch president Jarvis Ryan said.

"They have damaged school buildings and vehicles, often leaving behind large weapons."

"A small number of children under the age of 11 have been identified as being principally responsible for the behaviours and police are working with their families and other authorities to address these behaviours," he said.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 03:43:34 PM »
The recurring theme in the quoted report re safety of teachers is to improve the security around the government housing. I call this BS, fix the problem. Additional security just encourages a different form of attack. If the savages can’t damage property they will go for the people instead. The kids’ behaviour causing the problems needs to be  addressed by their parents/guardians.
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 04:38:52 PM »
That’s the worst bit.

I Can understand it .. Been plenty of good sumaritans  that have met their death or ended up life long injured .. with little or no compensation / justice through the legal system ...
Example :  Just the other night getting home from work, midnight + [ Security ] .. Neighbour [ Big bloke in his 60's ] two doors down laying out on the footpath legs out on the roadway , Medical episode ? drunk ? been bashed ?    went to check him, No real responces then finaly got him to come round start sort of talking, He wanted help to get up, so gave him a hand up, then  NEXT Minute grabs for my throat and starts to babble about its just starting .. Cleared his grabs at me  faced him and sent into his open garrage and left him to himself .
With no one around and been not a fit capable person, .He's lucky Im not an excitable type and Im lucky he didnt have a hidden weapon, Who knows how it could have ended . Hindsight if you get the chance is a good thing ... So I can understand why people are reluctant to want to help .. 
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Online NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 04:46:14 PM »
For evil to prevail
Good people need do nothing
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline ab56452001

• Tent User
  • Big Al
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 08:06:12 PM »
WTF

"Teaching staff [are] repeatedly the victim of break-ins, often during the middle of the night, by intruders wielding machetes and axes," AEU NT branch president Jarvis Ryan said.

"They have damaged school buildings and vehicles, often leaving behind large weapons."

"A small number of children under the age of 11 have been identified as being principally responsible for the behaviours and police are working with their families and other authorities to address these behaviours," he said.
Funny how it mentions kids 11 yoa . This week in Canberra  a  gathering of State Reps to consider raising the age where a person can be charged for serious crimes  , to over 10 yoa ! , if that comes to pass , watch the goings on in Broome etc magnify many fold .

Offline ab56452001

• Tent User
  • Big Al
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 08:07:50 PM »
The recurring theme in the quoted report re safety of teachers is to improve the security around the government housing. I call this BS, fix the problem. Additional security just encourages a different form of attack. If the savages can’t damage property they will go for the people instead. The kids’ behaviour causing the problems needs to be  addressed by their parents/guardians.
Unfortunately won't happen , and we all know it !

Offline ab56452001

• Tent User
  • Big Al
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »

I Can understand it .. Been plenty of good sumaritans  that have met their death or ended up life long injured .. with little or no compensation / justice through the legal system ...
Example :  Just the other night getting home from work, midnight + [ Security ] .. Neighbour [ Big bloke in his 60's ] two doors down laying out on the footpath legs out on the roadway , Medical episode ? drunk ? been bashed ?    went to check him, No real responces then finaly got him to come round start sort of talking, He wanted help to get up, so gave him a hand up, then  NEXT Minute grabs for my throat and starts to babble about its just starting .. Cleared his grabs at me  faced him and sent into his open garrage and left him to himself .
With no one around and been not a fit capable person, .He's lucky Im not an excitable type and Im lucky he didnt have a hidden weapon, Who knows how it could have ended . Hindsight if you get the chance is a good thing ... So I can understand why people are reluctant to want to help ..
Sad as it sounds , that's why many older Travellers , at least those with an Ounce of common sence , think of this possibly happening to themselves and are prepared .

Offline ab56452001

• Tent User
  • Big Al
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 08:17:46 PM »

To be honest , in all my Years of Travelling , mainly by myself , i'm more worried about the Crazy Druggie types than anyone else , and you seem to meet/see them Further and further away from the Big Cities and Towns and more often .

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »
Hi,    camp well away from any town with bars on windows, grating or security mesh on doors or idle folk just hanging out around town.
At one small town on the Darling River a local park had small fire pits strangely positioned by the river, and the notice advertising the security fencing at the local caravan park reinforced the spidey senses even more.
We rolled on through and found our own quiet spot for the night well out of town.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 09:15:04 AM »
& the follow up ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-11/kids-dying-in-kimberley/100362742

It's not just us that are unhappy about it all! :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 10:09:34 AM »
Quote from: Fizzie
& the follow up ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-11/kids-dying-in-kimberley/100362742

It's not just us that are unhappy about it all! :'(

"Tribal punishment is discipline really, it teaches you what's wrong from right. If you do wrong, you get a hiding," Putuparri says.
The punishment can be violent, anything from a clip around the ear for a child, to a public whacking with sticks performed in a public place.

All they'd get is a "clip around the ear" for bashing 2 innocent women.

then again hope they stream it live on line  :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 11:08:33 AM »
Black white Prurple  Blue or Fukkin Brindle I dont care .. Do wrong get caught and there is a date with the lash .. You want a deterant ..Serve up a Punishment .. And stream it live for future Wanna be's to keep tucked into their peabrains, this is whats going to happen when I get caught .
A community service order and good behaviour bond and a fine [ Most have lists of offences and 100th chances  longer than arms ] or even time in the Klink isnt a deterant or a punishment ..For a lot, time in the klink is better than home or on the streets .

Cant honestly say Ive ever heard or seen anywhere of anyone saying  they enjoyed getting XXX amount of  lashes and loved it that much theyed like a few more .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoHoxHD-bNU 

" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: Bird

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2021, 01:01:20 PM »
The elder quoted in the article was focussing on the old ways with children, I can’t disagree with this as it is what I grew up with but -
"These kids wander the streets all night and some of them have got good reason – it's because of the alcohol and the abuse that's happening at home.

"They don't want to go home while everyone's drinking, so they'll go home at three or four in the morning when everyone's asleep so they know they're safe."

Perhaps they need to punish their adults before the kids, if the above is a contributing factor. Once the adults are brought into line with an agreeable behaviour towards the community AND their own kids, it’s possible the rehabilitated adults will then be able to domesticate their own children??
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2021, 03:42:29 PM »

Perhaps they need to punish their adults before the kids, if the above is a contributing factor. Once the adults are brought into line with an agreeable behaviour towards the community AND their own kids, it’s possible the rehabilitated adults will then be able to domesticate their own children??

Not condoning it, but maybe you could understand the reasoning behind the “stolen generation” idea.

The idea was good, and probably was well meant, but the execution wasn’t good. Don’t forget it wasn’t only indigenous kids being “stolen”……there were nearly as many white kids “stolen” as well.

There hasn’t been a solution to this problem for over 50yrs….can’t see one for another 50 !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2021, 03:59:03 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Foo

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2021, 05:25:05 PM »
My 2c worth. By no means am I condoning what went on. It's deplorable.

Having worked in over 14 indigenous communities, you get a real understanding of what goes on.

We will take race, creed and colour out of this for now.

You are bought into the world and you are exposed to violence, rape, incest, swearing, drunkenness etc.

Your mother and father are either not together or it was a fling for both. They are either in jail, gone off to the nearest town drinking and the kids are left with friends.

You are bullied constantly, no food, sleeping in numerous houses, raped both male and female, incest comes into play also.

You do not have to go to school, so you wander between families and learn to survive on your own. This happens to kids as young as 5.

You join gangs. You learn to have no respect for anyone, you are there to survive. Break into places, steal from any one, bash people to get money. Normally kids are between 7 and 15 and know the law and cannot be touched.

You head into towns, in gangs, and prey on tourists who have money, break into their cars, caravan etc. You just want money for food.

Like I said I will never condone violence but they know no better. It is a forgotten society that no one can ever fix.

Now imagine if this was a white person !!!

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia
The following users thanked this post: plusnq, Fizzie

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
My 2c worth. By no means am I condoning what went on. It's deplorable.

Having worked in over 14 indigenous communities, you get a real understanding of what goes on.

We will take race, creed and colour out of this for now.

You are bought into the world and you are exposed to violence, rape, incest, swearing, drunkenness etc.

Your mother and father are either not together or it was a fling for both. They are either in jail, gone off to the nearest town drinking and the kids are left with friends.

You are bullied constantly, no food, sleeping in numerous houses, raped both male and female, incest comes into play also.

You do not have to go to school, so you wander between families and learn to survive on your own. This happens to kids as young as 5.

You join gangs. You learn to have no respect for anyone, you are there to survive. Break into places, steal from any one, bash people to get money. Normally kids are between 7 and 15 and know the law and cannot be touched.

You head into towns, in gangs, and prey on tourists who have money, break into their cars, caravan etc. You just want money for food.

Like I said I will never condone violence but they know no better. It is a forgotten society that no one can ever fix.

Now imagine if this was a white person !!!

Mark

There are white communities with the same issues. It just attracts less media attention. The same family dynamics, unemployment, drugs , absent patents, and just survival exists in lots of communities across Australia. Having also worked in many Indigenous communities and poorer city areas, I have no idea what a solution looks like as it is often multigenerational.
The following users thanked this post: McGirr