Author Topic: AFL 2021  (Read 19815 times)

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: AFL 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2021, 06:42:40 PM »
Incoming Rant.
WTF, some of these umpireing calls against the Port are just wrong.
:(

Fixed it for you!
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
Fixed it for you!
No you didn't ;)
How do you get caught with the ball, on the ground, hand ball it and it's play on.
Bit hard to win a game when even the Umps are blind.

:)
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2021, 07:20:47 PM »
No you didn't ;)
How do you get caught with the ball, on the ground, hand ball it and it's play on.
Bit hard to win a game when even the Umps are blind.

:)
I’m a Portman but I did think the umpiring was pretty ordinary for both teams, other than that it was a good game, buddy showed some form.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2021, 07:37:17 PM »
I’m a Portman but I did think the umpiring was pretty ordinary for both teams, other than that it was a good game, buddy showed some form.
:) it was a good game, players stood up, then again there were some pretty ordinary plays by players(both sides) who you'd expect to not FU as they did.
That's Footy.
Cheers

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2021, 08:05:33 PM »
:) it was a good game, players stood up, then again there were some pretty ordinary plays by players(both sides) who you'd expect to not FU as they did.
That's Footy.
Cheers
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2021, 08:14:04 PM »
Ahahahaha,
Cheers mate.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:56 AM »
WTF with Collingwood and Carlton both looking for coaches?
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/hawks-legend-gobsmacked-by-club-s-clarko-call/ar-AALRb28
Sounds like the club and Clarko have agreed he won't be rebuilding the Hawks and an auction for his services means the Hawks won't be out of pocket for the rest of his contract.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »
Quote from: prodigyrf
WTF with Collingwood and Carlton both looking for coaches?
Teague just doesnt have any mongrel in him, and buckley... favorite son still?

The short and the short of it - neither club could afford short Clarko nor would he want to go to either rabble. - Unless Eddie came to the rescue for wobblers.

But the good news is....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2021, 11:46:58 AM »

But the good news is....

Not for long mate.......we will be 12th after this weekends loss to to the cats  ;D :'( :'(
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2021, 12:36:48 AM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2021, 11:20:29 PM »
Franklin... Still leader of the AFL's protected species.. 
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2021, 10:57:18 AM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2021, 05:23:00 PM »
What on earth were the Hawks smoking with their fairy tale transition to Mitchell? LOL and Clarko can pick and choose the best club prospect now with a year's coaching salary up his sleeve already.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2021, 06:34:08 PM »
What on earth were the Hawks smoking with their fairy tale transition to Mitchell? LOL and Clarko can pick and choose the best club prospect now with a year's coaching salary up his sleeve already.
900k transfered to him according to SEN... not bad for doing nothing....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2021, 08:15:41 PM »
LOLOL

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »
Gee, teh Hawks would be second guessing their decision to scrap Clarko...

Teague would certainly be gone now after that close loss...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2021, 05:21:03 PM »
The Demons surprised me last night... didnt think they were going to get there... same with the Lions to he honest.

We will sack teh coach tomorrow and - if at all possible, we will go back another 4yrs...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2021, 06:57:16 PM »
For those of you who like to have a flutter on the finals here's some form science I use at season end. Percentage is a good guide to overall season form given teams have their good and bad days a narrow loss or win here and there but those points for and against all tell the overall tale. Except for the obvious they don't all play each other once but each plays 5 teams twice and not the same if looking back you played those top teams twice rather than the bottom finishers. In fact this year of the top 6 finishers Melb played the Cats and Dogs twice Port played the Dogs twice the Cats played Melb and the Lions twice while the Lions only played the Cats twice the Dogs played Melb and Port twice and Sydney none.

So what I like to do is pull out the double games points for and against and average them out (divide by two) and plug them back in as if there were only 17 games.  Here's what you get in finishing order of percentage with points F&A so you can also compare attacks and defences-

Melb  1454  1090  133.4%
Lions  1614  1255  128.6%
Cats   1454   1168  124.5%
Port   1462   1197   122.1%
Syd   1519    1259  120.7%
Dogs  1501   1259   119.2%

So make of that what you will coming into the finals and favourites for the  :cup:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:00:13 PM by prodigyrf »

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2021, 09:02:49 PM »
Worth recalling the top 4 finals stoushes from last year as only Richmond have been replaced by Melbourne-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_AFL_finals_series
But this year there's no initial rest week and they're playing through and when that was the case you could virtually put your house on one of the winners of 1v4 and 2v3 winning the mug. As I recall it was only Brisbane and going back to Essendon that lost week 1 and then came back to take the flag in all those years.

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2021, 09:29:14 PM »
The Demons surprised me last night... didnt think they were going to get there... same with the Lions to he honest.

We will sack teh coach tomorrow and - if at all possible, we will go back another 4yrs...
Being a blues supporter I wish the board would go Teague wasn’t the problem it’s been a basket case 2 years of footy with the rona there’s been glimpses of quality footy just not enough of it. If Lyon ends up our coach we are cooked pricks never won anything. They tried it with Pagen and Malthouse and both of them failed to deliver. It won’t happen but I’d prefer them to let Teague finish his contract and if they don’t deliver then don’t renew it. Contracts for coaches these days aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2021, 09:38:18 PM »
Being a blues supporter I wish the board would go Teague wasn’t the problem it’s been a basket case 2 years of footy with the rona there’s been glimpses of quality footy just not enough of it. If Lyon ends up our coach we are cooked pricks never won anything. They tried it with Pagen and Malthouse and both of them failed to deliver. It won’t happen but I’d prefer them to let Teague finish his contract and if they don’t deliver then don’t renew it. Contracts for coaches these days aren’t worth the paper they are written on.
yea playing tennis with coaches doesnt work. but tealeaves doesnt have any mongrel in him at all. No anger... Saw the Lions coach give his players a bolloxing at 3/4 time and a whole new team came out to play...

By the time we are competitive, all our good players will have left or retired due to old age
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember when tigers supporters wanted the same with Hardwick, look how that turned out

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2021, 11:39:32 AM »
Maybe LLoyd's right if Clarko wants a year off seeing as how he's being paid by Hawthorn for a holiday and recharge the batteries-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/caro-staggered-at-lloyd-s-unfathomable-teague-call/ar-AANDwMF

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2021, 12:00:31 PM »
Quote from: prodigyrf
Maybe LLoyd's right if Clarko wants a year off seeing as how he's being paid by Hawthorn for a holiday and recharge the batteries-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/caro-staggered-at-lloyd-s-unfathomable-teague-call/ar-AANDwMF

I cant believe they are dragging out their 'review'... or will they get the review and as usual -- do the opposite to what it recommends.
As Vern said, some clubs have stuck by their coach and succeeded - look at Melbourne this year - and Hardwick before that...

Maybe ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2021, 06:37:02 PM »
Seems Clarko is taking the year off so what should Carlton and Collingwood do now if they're reasonably confident he might want to coach again in 2023?
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/clarkson-confirms-break-from-afl-in-2022/ar-AANIczs
Decisions decisions....always bloody decisions.