Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302724 times)

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1025 on: July 22, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-22/200-people-missing-from-coronavirus-quarantine-in-queensland/12472332
If it is not to late, we should be closing the boarders again.

ASAP....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline HKB Electronics

• Hard Top Camper User
  • www.hkbelect.com
    • HKB Electronics
« Reply #1026 on: July 22, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »
Agree, I know if I was in a state with no cases I would be happy with the borders being closed.

Problem though is the virus is not going to go away. What you all need to start thinking about is where is Australia
going to be in a year or two from now?

The goverment can't keep borrowing money for ever to keep giving handouts, they will need to start paying money back
and that money is going to come from businesses that are still going, those who are lucky enough to still have a job and
self funded retirees etc.

The question for all is what is the future going to look like if this is still going on in two years time, no one would like to be in
the US at the moment but in two years time they might be well and truly better off if the virus burns itself out?

The crunch hasn't come yet, the goverment is trying to keep businesses and workers afloat but it can't go on forever, so the
question is what do people see for the future in both the safe and infected states?

Looks like stage 4 is coming to VIC, that will most likely mean most businesses closing down and a very large slice of goverment
revenue disappearing, will be intersting times ahead. If VIC and NSW end up in total lock down for some time that will be a massive
slice of goverment revenue gone, I wonder what Australia will look like then?personally I hope the clean states stay clean and prosper
so that they can make up the short fall.

Those living in the current safe states think closing the borders will keep them safe, that may not be the case if the economy collapses,
but again what do others think?   
HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Boosters

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1027 on: July 22, 2020, 01:41:24 PM »
Agree, I know if I was in a state with no cases I would be happy with the borders being closed.

Problem though is the virus is not going to go away. What you all need to start thinking about is where is Australia

The goverment can't keep borrowing money for ever to keep giving handouts, they will need to start paying money back
and that money is going to come from businesses that are still going, those who are lucky enough to still have a job and

The question for all is what is the future going to look like if this is still going on in two years time, no one would like to be in
the US at the moment but in two years time they might be well and truly better off if the virus burns itself out?

The crunch hasn't come yet, the goverment is trying to keep businesses and workers afloat but it can't go on forever, so the
question is what do people see for the future in both the safe and infected states?

Looks like stage 4 is coming to VIC, that will most likely mean most businesses closing down and a very large slice of goverment
revenue disappearing, will be interesting times ahead. If VIC and NSW end up in total lock down for some time that will be a massive
slice of goverment revenue gone, I wonder what Australia will look like then?personally I hope the clean states stay clean and prosper

Those living in the current safe states think closing the borders will keep them safe, that may not be the case if the economy collapses,
agree
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1028 on: July 22, 2020, 01:49:37 PM »
Hi,
   I think we should even build a wall along our 80m land border with Victoria.
Never know who could be lurking there, they could just walk on in.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:55:09 PM by austastar »

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1029 on: July 22, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »
If theres any unsure about whether or not masks are effective let me simplify it for you

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Ah, but you see those clever Americans have already found a flaw with this logic... ;)

https://www.newsweek.com/woman-refuses-wear-mask-compares-it-pants-not-stopping-fart-smell-1519497

"You think that mask is going to protect you?" she asked. Pointing to the back of her pants, she adds: "when you fart out your ass, you can smell it! You think that mask is going to protect you?" She then heads for the exit.
The following users thanked this post: Mongoose

Offline Brisbane Puff

• Tent User
« Reply #1030 on: July 22, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »
Been thinking over the last few weeks.. All those doom day prepers in their bunkers in the USA must be laughing their guts out right now.... Knuckled down underground with their 12 months supplies, tooled up ready to repel any encroachment on their turf.. Stuff that used to be only in the movies....
Puff

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1031 on: July 22, 2020, 04:51:42 PM »
The message ??? ???

More than $100,000 in fines were issued on Tuesday in Victoria. Nineteen of the 61 fines were issued at vehicle checkpoints on arterial roads across the state.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #1032 on: July 22, 2020, 09:54:10 PM »

revenue disappearing, will be intersting times ahead. If VIC and NSW end up in total lock down for some time that will be a massive

I can only guess but see how I go,

Gst will rise probably to 12.5%

We will go into a depression by the end of the year, we are already in a recession.

Working from home will be more frequent for some people.

That's all for now, hopefully I am wrong, but......

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1033 on: July 22, 2020, 10:53:54 PM »
Mark, forgot to add stock market is going to tank again.

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1034 on: July 23, 2020, 06:42:59 AM »
Long term I see no need to get too pessimistic. The pandemic won't last forever. In the short-mid term however, there are/will definitely be tough times.
If we look back 100 years to the last pandemic and study the decade that followed there is life beyond....but the decade that followed that is another matter....

Just another perspective...

:cheers:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon

The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1035 on: July 23, 2020, 06:52:08 AM »
Mark, forgot to add stock market is going to tank again.

It always comes back......but I've had my time in the share market.

:cheers:

Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #1036 on: July 23, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »
As long as we have ignorant morons like this amongst us we are never going to get on top of this Covid-19 virus.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/politics/antimaskers-graffiti-federal-health-minister-greg-hunts-melbourne-office/news-story/fc6b7d7db3463c44a00279df476aec0a

Their selfish actions and attitudes are putting the whole country at risk.
The same applies to these scum that are planning to protest on saturday against all request.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/22/sydney-black-lives-matter-protest-organisers-say-blm-rally-will-proceed-despite-pm-and-premiers-condemnation

Just what the hell does one do to get common sense to prevail?
 :-[ :-[

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1037 on: July 23, 2020, 12:29:10 PM »
As long as we have ignorant morons like this amongst us we are never going to get on top of this Covid-19 virus.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/politics/antimaskers-graffiti-federal-health-minister-greg-hunts-melbourne-office/news-story/fc6b7d7db3463c44a00279df476aec0a

Their selfish actions and attitudes are putting the whole country at risk.
The same applies to these scum that are planning to protest on saturday against all request.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/22/sydney-black-lives-matter-protest-organisers-say-blm-rally-will-proceed-despite-pm-and-premiers-condemnation

Just what the hell does one do to get common sense to prevail?
 :-[ :-[

As I just posted in the WTF thread.

For no other reason then it fits into the agenda of Black Lives Matter and everything it stands for.   There is more to Black Lives Matter then stopping racism and it involves breaking down society, what better way to do it then spreading COVID-19.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1038 on: July 24, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »
Spent 2 weeks at Tannum Sands and Airlie Beach. Definitely the parks have a lot less interstate people. . They felt quieter, more peaceful and amenities were always clean and virtually empty...loved it.  Many of the Qld vanners were happy at the fewer numbers as a few said that at least they were able to get a site. Complaints of many booking the same site 12 months in advance.  This may well change as the Qld campers will now get first option to re-book.  Airlie Beach looks like it is in full swing again with big numbers in the main street Saturday morning. Business,s slowly opening up but tourism has still taken a big hit. Bugger all interstate vans on the road as well. Hopefully the borders are policed well for as long is needed.  Victoria's issues could well have happened to any large city. Hope they get on top as the ripple effect will go across Oz.
7 weeks until I,ll be in Burketown fishing. Had 2 trips ruined by this virus.  Just hope that our figures (Qld) allow us to holiday at home. Its about time the Vics and NSW people cared about their fellow state peoples and camp within their own state. Bushfires and business downturns means that support is needed now. We are in for a rocky ride...everyone.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1039 on: July 26, 2020, 10:55:23 AM »
Wow.

More than 50 aged care deaths predicted in next fortnight as Victoria fights 'crisis'
By Michael Fowler

More than 50 Victorian aged care residents already infected with coronavirus are predicted to die in the next fortnight as the number of infections hit 536 residents and workers across 38 aged care homes and the state recorded five deaths on Saturday.

In a sign authorities have recognised aged care as Victoria's number one coronavirus concern, the federal and state governments have collaborated to form a centralised aged care response centre led by emergency services in Melbourne.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1040 on: July 26, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
Wow.

More than 50 aged care deaths predicted in next fortnight as Victoria fights 'crisis'
By Michael Fowler

More than 50 Victorian aged care residents already infected with coronavirus are predicted to die in the next fortnight as the number of infections hit 536 residents and workers across 38 aged care homes and the state recorded five deaths on Saturday.

In a sign authorities have recognised aged care as Victoria's number one coronavirus concern, the federal and state governments have collaborated to form a centralised aged care response centre led by emergency services in Melbourne.

Newmarch house in Sydney showed what happens if there is an outbreak in aged care with 19 deaths. Resources will be more stretched now Vic, would be surprised if it didn't end up being more than 50.

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1041 on: July 26, 2020, 02:11:43 PM »
Most industrial businesses I know of segregated work groups with no overlaps between teams when Clovis hit to protect the business as part of their crisis management plans.
Why didnt nursing homes with their vulnerable patients not do it? Because they run them undermanned and depend on flexible casual and part timer workers to cover shifts. They also use agency casuals to cover gaps. Even in the nursing homes with different wards, staff moved between wards when working. What chance did the oldies have with business models like that? Only now when things are dire they are looking at changes.

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1042 on: July 26, 2020, 02:45:43 PM »
So not feeling flash last couple of days, looked up where the nearest testing center is -
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19
turns out that it was walking distance from home..
So went down.

No waiting really -only 2 infront of me..
Answered a few questions, fill in a form, waited no more than 5 mins.

Hearing horror stories of sending in a D9 up ya schnoz - it was nothing like that..
Once I sat down - the whole thing was over in 1 minute.

If ya feeling like ya got a bit of a cold/flu - head down to one of the walk up centers... The dude there said they never have waiting like the drive through ones...

The only issue is Big Dan said you dont need to isolate after a test, but the testing center nurse bloke said you need to until results, 3-5 days time.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1043 on: July 26, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »
Well done, and well said Bird :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline HKB Electronics

• Hard Top Camper User
  • www.hkbelect.com
    • HKB Electronics
« Reply #1044 on: July 26, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
Big Dans been going on for days about people not isolating after going for a test, your supposed isolate until you get the results!

The communication has been really poor, a couple of days ago it was stated if you don't have any symptoms then you don't need
to self isolate till you get the results. Then you have Dan complaining that that 50% aren't self isolating after having the test.

They really need to get their act together as the conflicting messages are confusing people.

Same for masks, was walking at the beach this morning, about half the bike riders were wearing mask, same for runners, if half can wear
then all should be. Walkers too, seen a few without masks walking with a few quick steps every now and again, I imagine if they get pulled
up they say their jogging Then there were those with just the mouth covered, and the mask below the noise! There used to be more police
around keeping order before the restrictions level was raised.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:24:57 AM by HKB Electronics »
HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Boosters

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1045 on: July 26, 2020, 05:30:10 PM »
Sums up some peoples attitudes.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1046 on: July 26, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »
Quote from: HKB Electronics
The communication has been really poor, a couple of days ago it was stated if you don't have any symptoms then you don't need to self isolate till you get the results. Then you have Dan complaining that that 50% aren't self isolating after having the test.

They really need to get their act together as the conflicting messages are confusing people.
THIS LOTS...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tedota

• Tent User
« Reply #1047 on: July 27, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
Yes black lives matter but don’t old lives matter?
Just can’t believe what’s happening in Victoria after the NSW fiasco.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1048 on: July 27, 2020, 12:06:08 PM »
Yes black lives matter but don’t old lives matter?
Just can’t believe what’s happening in Victoria after the NSW fiasco.

I,m over this bullShit black lives matter. All lives matter.  If you want to do criminal acts, act like a f wit towards coppers or just be very anti social in your endeavors then expect to pay the price.  If this demo goes ahead the whole lot of the selfish, ignorant and arrogant pricks should >:D >:D >:D be isolated in a jail cell for 14 days..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!
The following users thanked this post: alnjan

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1049 on: July 27, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »
I,m over this bullShit black lives matter. All lives matter.  If you want to do criminal acts, act like a f wit towards coppers or just be very anti social in your endeavors then expect to pay the price.  If this demo goes ahead the whole lot of the selfish, ignorant and arrogant pricks should >:D >:D >:D be isolated in a jail cell for 14 days..

Sadly people are blindly swallowing up the sentiment of Black Lives Matter without knowing what Black Lives Matter mission and agenda stand for or what their end goal stands for.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan