Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302695 times)

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #675 on: April 14, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »
NRL wont be played anytime soon...

OMG!!! :o :o :o

Anaphylaxis has said something that I actually agree with !!! :o :o :o >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #676 on: April 14, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »
OMG!!! :o :o :o

Anaphylaxis has said something that I actually agree with !!! :o :o :o >:D
And this morning was the first time I’ve seen her on ABC news breakfast for about 2 weeks or more.

I was assuming it was because of the whole pretend time thing that only the southern premiers got air time every morning.
But obviously it was just because there was no important announcements that affected queenslanders during this whole pandemic.
No footy...!!! Now that’s obviously worth some tv time... ::)

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2020, 07:10:20 AM »
Can't deny it mate it is part of the social fabric for hundreds of thousands of people.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2020, 08:06:20 AM »
Can't deny it mate it is part of the social fabric for hundreds of thousands of people.

Many millions of Australians would want their football back asap (all codes) whether they play, officiate, sponsor or just watch it is a huge part of many peoples fabric of life. Same as most countries around the world. Billions and billions of dollars invested in it.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
Does anyone know from what height Trump was dropped on his head at a young age?

BREAKING: Trump halts WHO payments

US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday (Wednesday AEST) he has instructed his administration to at least temporarily halt funding to the World Health Organisation over its handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Mr Trump, at a White House news conference, said the WHO had "failed in its basic duty and it must be held accountable."
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline db

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2020, 03:05:43 PM »

Not high enough!
Modcon Quattro
NW Pajero GLX-R

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2020, 03:23:15 PM »

I don't know, but occasionally when you wade through the madness of a lot of what he says, there is some sense. The WHO is supposed to be there for such a time as this hasn't exactly shone.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2020, 04:03:13 PM »
I don't know, but occasionally when you wade through the madness of a lot of what he says, there is some sense. The WHO is supposed to be there for such a time as this hasn't exactly shone.

An interesting timeline.

https://www.justsecurity.org/69650/timeline-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-and-u-s-response/

I think one of the issues with the WHO response was the delay in actually getting into China to verify actions being undertaken and the associated time lost in early January (two weeks) on verifying that person to person transmission was possible.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2020, 04:22:17 PM »
Not high enough!

The whole fiasco in America has highlighted what a complete and utter idiot this bloke is.  Everyday brings new lies, excuses, backflips and revelations about how he knew the whole time exactly how the pandemic would pan out...Asked a straight forward question at any of his new conferences and straight away your ridiculed for asking "nasty" questions.  So glad our pollies dont behave or speak like this tweedledumb!!
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2020, 04:35:41 PM »
Just saw a similar comment on another forum, & same with the US, in that a [/lot/] of related deaths aren't being counted ???
The ABC reported New York has a bit over 3000 to add onto the tally. People that died out of hospital without a COVID diagnosis, but the pathology reports are coming in. UK is around the same.

tryagain on Today at 15:23:15

Not much though. He is a narrow minded bully that has grown up getting his own way.

The WHO isn't a health team to be activated in times of crisis, it isn't really their job. Health promotion is their game, it has always been the best bang for your health buck. The 'better a fence at the top of a cliff than a ambulance at the bottom' sort of thing.

https://www.who.int/governance/eb/who_constitution_en.pdf

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »
The whole fiasco in America has highlighted what a complete and utter idiot this bloke is.  Everyday brings new lies, excuses, backflips and revelations about how he knew the whole time exactly how the pandemic would pan out...Asked a straight forward question at any of his new conferences and straight away your ridiculed for asking "nasty" questions.  So glad our pollies dont behave or speak like this tweedledumb!!

You may be correct in everything you said about him.....but the yanks love him.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #686 on: April 15, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »
On the subject of virus tests that we were discussing - I had one this morning! :o

Haven't been anywhere or (to the best of my knowledge, but who really knows ???) been in contact with anybody who has, but, over the weekend, noticed that I was taking deeper breaths than usual & that my chest also felt a bit tight.

Had to go back to GP to get results on another matter, so, when I rang to make an appt, mentioned this to the receptionist. She didn't care re possible virus issues but immediately went to action stations re possible heart problem so wanted me to come in immediately, right now, don't worry about an appt! :o Did so, & on to ECG which showed all clear ;D , although there are more tests to do.

However, Dr then said that because of shortness of breath, despite not having a fever of any sort, I "have" to have a virus test.

So went in & got it done this morning, which I can't say was "fun" ::)

2 swabs, one stuffed up both nostrils, & the other to the back of the throat :-\ The nurse said "This is going to hurt a bit & bring tears to your eyes" & she was right :'(

So, now waiting till Friday to get the results of that ???

They were also doing a roaring trade! 6 people there with masks on in 15 minutes!

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • MySwag.org - The Off-road Camper Trailer forum
« Reply #687 on: April 15, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »
Ok people there has been a few moderation reports on this thread. Please bring it back to facts about coping with Covid19 or how it’s affecting you and not your opinions on political leaders.
Cheers
Brett
The following users thanked this post: db, #jonesy, paceman, wakychapmans, Fizzie

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
Four weeks more still from the PM- https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/the-3-conditions-australia-needs-to-meet-before-coronavirus-restrictions-can-be-relaxed/ar-BB12HNc0

SA had no more Covid cases yesterday but with SA Health opening up sniffle testing to all and sundry today they've found one more case so it will be interesting to see how we go with that at detecting more mild/asymptomatic cases in the next few days. Bearing in mind those tested may have to quarantine up to 48 hrs waiting for clear test results but presumably you get contacted pronto with a positive result.

I guess SA has to run with that for 14 days incubation time to see whether we can ferret out more cases with tracking and quarantining of their contacts but if all goes well SA could join NT with ditching lockdown so watch the acid test for that. Oz has a good chance of defeating this virus altogether in the next few weeks but it changes international travel perhaps forever.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #690 on: April 16, 2020, 10:26:08 PM »

. Oz has a good chance of defeating this virus altogether in the next few weeks but it changes international travel perhaps forever.

Not forever, but when the world gets on top of this, hopefully there will be more rigid tests of people returning here.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2020, 11:18:04 PM »
Well the question is with the big wakeup call whether the majority in future want to see a 14 day user pays quarantine for every arrival and ditto the OS destinations.  That will certainly knock the enthusiasm out of many and the economies of scale with flight schedules accordingly. Bye bye Virgin already and here's the chuckle of the week-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/carnival-is-considering-cutting-passenger-capacity-on-its-cruise-ships-as-it-looks-for-ways-to-improve-safety-in-wake-of-coronavirus-outbreaks-sources-say/ar-BB12GK3d
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #692 on: April 17, 2020, 06:54:55 AM »
Well the question is with the big wakeup call whether the majority in future want to see a 14 day user pays quarantine for every arrival and ditto the OS destinations.  That will certainly knock the enthusiasm out of many and the economies of scale with flight schedules accordingly. Bye bye Virgin already and here's the chuckle of the week-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/carnival-is-considering-cutting-passenger-capacity-on-its-cruise-ships-as-it-looks-for-ways-to-improve-safety-in-wake-of-coronavirus-outbreaks-sources-say/ar-BB12GK3d

Rearranging the seats on the Titanic is a saying that couldn,t be more apt.  . Minimum12 months, possibly 2 years , before a Vaccine is available.  Registered in Panama, Main company in the Bahamas and main office in USA....THEY WILL NOT GET OR QUALIFY FOR A LOAN TO GET THEM OUT OF TROUBLE.  GONE!!!   How are the various countries that these floating hotels visit going to accept the word from the liner that all is well. Once the vaccine is produced it will need to be available to everybody.  One case on a cruise ship or aircraft and its back to square one unless 14 day isolation is applied to every traveller....International travel is quite a few years awayI feel.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #693 on: April 17, 2020, 07:03:36 AM »
Spoke to my sister who is living in England.  Whole country is in lock down if your over 65.  She knows quite a few nurses and says that most are scared and horrified at the death rate. She said they have seen healthy people come and in less than 2 days are dead. Dying in a horrible painful death that leaves the nurses shattered as they know this will be the pattern for quite a while to come.   Also said that it has brought whole communities together again and there is much sentiment amongst the people to start looking after the country and its people first...ie..more self sufficient. She was absolutely amazed at our very low death rate (63 dead and 40 in ICU). 6500 cases as well.  Oz is certainly at the top of the leader board in its handling and containment of the virus.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #694 on: April 17, 2020, 10:12:11 AM »
Quote from: prodigyrf
...a nd here's the chuckle of the week-
They wont need to cut numbers... people will do it for them LMAO!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #695 on: April 17, 2020, 10:16:24 AM »
On the subject of virus tests that we were discussing - I had one this morning! :o

So, now waiting till Friday to get the results of that ???

& results back negative!!! ;D

& got to say, that because of another medical issue that I have, I was pretty concerned about it, but all good again (at least for the time being).

The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #696 on: April 17, 2020, 10:24:06 AM »
& results back negative!!! ;D

Excellent news Fizzie - I have been waiting to read this  :cheers:
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Online Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #697 on: April 17, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »
Excellent news Fizzie - I have been waiting to read this  :cheers:

Thank you very much! ;D

& believe me, I have well & truly been waiting to write it ;D :cup:

The following users thanked this post: Jeepers Creepers

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #698 on: April 17, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
 :cup: Great news  :cheers:

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #699 on: April 17, 2020, 11:13:16 AM »
 :cup: :cup:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie