Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302977 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »
Mate who managers a caravan park said they are having inquiries from the Grey Nomads etc for a two week stay in vans or cabins etc.  Said they basically not taking any tourist longer then a week.  Also said the local showgrounds are closing or not accepting any campers.   The caravan parks are saying two weeks camping at a caravan park is not 'self isolation'.

Wonder how said Nomads are getting on then ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2020, 02:39:40 PM »
Hi,
    Just came back from a lunch with some uni retirees.
Not much traffic.
Plenty of parking every where.
Shiploads have a front window full of toilet rolls.
Dining room at the pub was all ours.
Fish and chips with salad, coffee and ice cream for $15:, now what is the problem?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2020, 04:07:52 PM »
Some smaller communities  shops  are now limiting food supplies to locals only ..starting to pop up on fececrap, atleast this one says your welcome to buy a sandwich or some grog . .. Good luck to travelers / outsiders wanting suplies just keep on trucking .

On a more worrying note we have a confirmed hit less than 5 km from us here, So I guess the waiting game begins to see how quick it spreads around our local community  ..
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:17:54 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »
Hi,
    Just came back from a lunch with some uni retirees.
Not much traffic.
Plenty of parking every where.
Shiploads have a front window full of toilet rolls.
Dining room at the pub was all ours.
Fish and chips with salad, coffee and ice cream for $15:, now what is the problem?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Could have been me in Hobart in three weeks ... but I can understand the Tasmania travel restrictions, partly because the numbers would be small and its easier to enforce and control entry points.

Trying to stop cross border traffic in eastern australia would be impossible and probably do even more damage to the already struggling economy.   

But I did have a pub lunch with a former colleague  yesterday and would encourage people to do the same. Tourism and hospitality businesses are facing a grim time.

And don't think isolation in WA's deserts is the answer. No permits are being issued for the CSR or the roads and tracks leading to it and permits already issued are cancelled.

Travel safe people. 

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »
On a more worrying note we have a confirmed hit less than 5 km from us here, So I guess the waiting game begins to see how quick it spreads around our local community  ..

Yeah, we've had several cases, but there was only 1, the lady at the beauty salon, that they've said where.

Bit hard to know if you've possibly been in contact with a carrier if you don't know where the carrier has been ::)

Oh wait, there was a second at SCU, but the others ... ???

CTL

« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2020, 06:17:23 PM »
And don't think isolation in WA's deserts is the answer. No permits are being issued for the CSR or the roads and tracks leading to it and permits already issued are cancelled.

100% support from me on this initiative.  Protecting the most vulnerable in our community wins every time over some tourists sucking their communities dry of diesel, and buying a few icecreams as token gestures of supporting the locals, then going out and littering their country with toilet paper and beer cans.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2020, 07:12:31 PM »
Yeah, we've had several cases, but there was only 1, the lady at the beauty salon, that they've said where.

Bit hard to know if you've possibly been in contact with a carrier if you don't know where the carrier has been ::)

Oh wait, there was a second at SCU, but the others ... ???

There is community transmission on the GC now. Announced today.

Offline Raym

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2020, 07:49:51 PM »
Stolen from a friends Facebook post.

I haven't googled the info to confirm or otherwise.

"HOORAY!! Spread this around!!
🙌🙌 How about some good news? 🙌🙌

🔸?China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

🔹? Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

🔸??Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

🔹?A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

🔸??Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

🔹?Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

🔸?Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

🔹?Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

🔸?Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

🔹?3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

🔸?A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

🔹?A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

🔸?Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

🔹?All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

🔸?Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

💥So it's not ALL bad news friends. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vunerable while continuing to make the best of our days. This too shall pass! I challenge you to spread the good news! We need to have faith, hope and our economy back.

**If you google the above statements, they prove to be true**"
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »
Not sure I believe anything that comes out of China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »
If that is true, I  wonder how long it would take to use up 3000 rolls of toilet paper. It's not like you can chuck em in the top cupboard.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2020, 06:25:23 AM »
Stolen from a friends Facebook post.

I haven't googled the info to confirm or otherwise.

"HOORAY!! Spread this around!!
🙌🙌 How about some good news? 🙌🙌

🔸?China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

🔹? Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

🔸??Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

🔹?A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

🔸??Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

🔹?Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

🔸?Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

🔹?Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

🔸?Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

🔹?3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

🔸?A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

🔹?A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

🔸?Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

🔹?All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

🔸?Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

💥So it's not ALL bad news friends. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vunerable while continuing to make the best of our days. This too shall pass! I challenge you to spread the good news! We need to have faith, hope and our economy back.

**If you google the above statements, they prove to be true**"

Our  Sensationalist  media  hounds seem to have missed this memo in the  rabid reporting frenzy ...
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:36 AM »
That is what is being reported edz. Personally I am going to be cautious and quietly hopeful. I want to see what happens in China once the populace gets back to work.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2020, 07:17:38 AM »
That is what is being reported edz. Personally I am going to be cautious and quietly hopeful. I want to see what happens in China once the populace gets back to work.
Seems as though the coronavirus has disappeared from China overnight much they same way as dissidents seem to disappear from China overnight all the time.... Amazing isn’t it.... ;)

As far as China getting back to work goes, our company has a factory over there which until Wednesday this week was unaffected by the shutdowns.
Then we received notification that there is now a 3 month delay on all products.

As usual, what China wants you to know and what’s actually happening are 2 very different things.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2020, 07:37:49 AM »
Seems as though the coronavirus has disappeared from China overnight much they same way as dissidents seem to disappear from China overnight all the time.... Amazing isn’t it.... ;)

As far as China getting back to work goes, our company has a factory over there which until Wednesday this week was unaffected by the shutdowns.
Then we received notification that there is now a 3 month delay on all products.

As usual, what China wants you to know and what’s actually happening are 2 very different things.

Agree..China will look after china and no one else. It tells the world what the world wants to hear...not what is actually happening.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2020, 08:14:54 AM »

Yep, China has just turfed out the journalist's from 3 US News outlets (in supposed retaliation). I am treating any figures coming out of there with a healthy dose of suspicion.

We are in for a very bumpy ride ahead, but life will go on afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:18:42 AM by tryagain »

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2020, 08:25:14 AM »
Agree..China will look after china and no one else. It tells the world what the world wants to hear...not what is actually happening.

A Stockbroker mate was saying while a lot of people are panic selling shares, someone (Maybe China) has been spending Billions buying shares worldwide. 

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »
A Stockbroker mate was saying while a lot of people are panic selling shares, someone (Maybe China) has been spending Billions buying shares worldwide.

For every seller there is a buyer. There will be  canny well-resourced investors able to to take a long term view picking up shares in good companies at a good discount.

Sadly I am neither canny nor well resourced.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2020, 09:25:09 AM »
This is affecting everyone - so I suggest we need to support everyone equally :D

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/sex-workers-facing-economic-hit-amid-coronavirus-fears

Many industries are facing a sharp downturn amid coronavirus fears, and sex workers are among those hit. Many fear they won’t be able to supplement their lost income and may be pushed into riskier option

Riskier options ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2020, 09:34:30 AM »

Ever since this all started, I've been wondering the same about Russia, as there's been hardly the mention of it ???

It strikes me as a bit strange that the bug wouldn't also hit them ???

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2020, 09:39:26 AM »
how fast it spreads

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6688430/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-from-stanwell-tops-wedding-hits-31/?cs=12

More than two dozen NSW residents who attended a wedding at a Stanwell Tops venue earlier this month have tested positive to COVID-19, NSW Health has confirmed.

Earlier this week, there were six confirmed cases of coronavirus among guests who attended the wedding at Tumbling Waters Retreat on March 6.

That number has since risen to 31, with a further four people who were close contacts of the wedding guests also diagnosed with COVID-19.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2020, 09:58:10 AM »
Ever since this all started, I've been wondering the same about Russia, as there's been hardly the mention of it ???

It strikes me as a bit strange that the bug wouldn't also hit them ???

I was wondering the same thing about India and Bangladesh (high number of closely packed populations, with very low medical support per head of population)

and Africa, Egypt, South America...

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2020, 10:19:46 AM »
I was wondering the same thing about India and Bangladesh (high number of closely packed populations, with very low medical support per head of population)

A friend with a contact in an aid group in Tanzania told me yesterday there had been no reported cases there but highlighted to poor access to limited health resources in that country. 

As is usually the  case third world countries will most likely pay a higher price.
The following users thanked this post: wakychapmans

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2020, 10:27:06 AM »

There was an Aussie guy in India talking to Triple J yesterday afternoon, he made some very interesting comments about the way India has handled the current situation.
Basically while Scotty from Marketing has been having work-shopping meetings and planning strategic roll out of the advertising campaign, the Indian government has been getting on with it.

The measures announced for Australia yesterday have mostly been in place in India for almost 2 weeks now.
While ScoMo was saying we should all go to the footy and rub shoulders with infected people, the Indian government had already cancelled all sports and major events.
We're about 2 weeks behind most of those developing countries.

But I'm sure we're going to have a kick-ass tax payer funded advertising campaign all over the Australian media any day now..... ::)
The following users thanked this post: Spada, wakychapmans

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »
Lets hope we dont get to see images like this in Oz.

Army convoy moving the dead, Bergamo, ITALY.

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »
was there any option?

NAB announces mortgage relief

National Australia Bank has announced it may allow mortgage customers that were in difficulty because of the coronavirus crisis to "pause" their mortgage repayments for up to six months.

As part of the plan, customers will face a "checkpoint" at three months

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home