Author Topic: Landcruiser Mountain Park Sold  (Read 33989 times)

Offline patroldude

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Landcruiser Mountain Park Sold
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »
Great news for the vast majority of 4WDers
Absolutely devastating if you bought a Croft!!!
2000 GU 4.2TD
227-RWHP 662-RWNM
UFI-20G, DC6 250 HP
CC Ultimate Intercooler
Fatz 4 Inch Snorkel & Air Box 
2011 TVAN Murranji Mk111 ):

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
Yeah and nah.........thats life in Real Estate land for alot of properties other than a house.

In a deal like this the owners would have been given a certain price subject to the purchasers being able to achieve certain results. Obviously this hasn't been achievable for the purchasers so the contract is either renegotiated or at an end.

In Maroochydore an old farmer once owned most of the land that is now to become the CBD. He sold that property about 5 times over to various developers and the deal was always around $100m with a $2m non refundable deposit. So he picked up $10m just by letting people have an option to purchase in a certain period of time.

All fun and games.

Offline Shaun99

• Tent User
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »
It sounds dodgy, a means to raise money to pay off the loan for the purchase of the property.

Overtime people will loose interest or not want to continue paying the quarterly fee.

Potential or subsequent buyers (lease holders because at the end of the day the money does not buy you title to any land) will be in short supply.

Eventually the crofters will fade away, the owners will be happy with that result.

So that crofter crap didn't work out. Hardly a surprise to anybody with half a brain.

It was clearly a scam from the outset!

Probably not much chance of getting any coin back for those on the wrong end of the deals either.

:cheers:

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2016, 07:36:11 AM »
I don't think it is a scam. Not the best business idea or investment in a land where we have so much free space anyway or place to camp. The idea works great in countries with limited free land, England, Wales etc.

Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Red Dog 4x4

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
There was never a sale, he had only leased the property form the Perret's, then the council got wind of the sale of land ( AKA crofts ) and said we want more rates form the owners. Between now and when it opens again there is a lot of work to be done as some of the amenities need some work, But i don't know if that was from before crofters time.

Again only what i have been told by very close friends of the Perrets   

I do feel for the people who have bought a Croft though

The Rig- 97 GQ Coil Cab with lots of goodies
The Trailer- 2002 Castaway camper with lots of mods....
Quad Build -http://cfmoto-forum.com/cforce-500-h-o/cforce-550ho-from-australia/

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2016, 05:24:23 PM »
I always though land cruiser mountain was a bit expensive for the rude staff you get and their stupid 24hr policy they always had but looking at their new prices, they can jamb their 4wd park where the sun don't shine. I certainly would never go back

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
wow ...  $60 per night - "Tell 'em they're dreaming"....
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2016, 06:21:24 PM »
wow ...  $60 per night - "Tell 'em they're dreaming"....
some people will still pay that...I won't be one of them though

...... Between now and when it opens again there is a lot of work to be done as some of the amenities need some work, But i don't know if that was from before crofters time......
it's not like anything there was overly flash to start with, pretty basic toilet set ups really...can't imagine there'd be that much to do to them you'd think
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2016, 07:07:51 PM »
some people will still pay that...I won't be one of them though

Too right mate.

Offline Fathom

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
Pmsl.
I don't think they can blame the amenities on the Crofters.
Always terrible.
Always give 100%... Unless you are giving blood.. then it may not go so well...

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 08:04:49 PM »
This morning the guys in the shed next to me were jumping for joy, because it's going to re-open.

They were already planning their next trip. They invited me, knowing I'd decline, and I politely told them to 'Go #### yourself, not EVEN if Hell freezes over.'

I doubt they'd seen the terms, conditions, prices etc, and none of which will stop them. There'll be 4 guys I know off, who'll be back, no matter what. They won't be alone.

With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline kizza1

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
I'd say most of that would be for public liability insurance. There have been a few incidents over the years that would have jacked up there costs. And to be honest I think it is quite reasonably priced for what it is. Remember it's not a caravan park. Try go to DreamWorld for the day and see how much that costs you. I know where I'd rather go.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »
This morning the guys in the shed next to me were jumping for joy, because it's going to re-open.

They were already planning their next trip. They invited me, knowing I'd decline, and I politely told them to 'Go #### yourself, not EVEN if Hell freezes over.'

I doubt they'd seen the terms, conditions, prices etc, and none of which will stop them. There'll be 4 guys I know off, who'll be back, no matter what. They won't be alone.

Yep.. Hopefully lots of people go every weekend, and leave the good spots for us  ;D

Offline Coiled

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2016, 09:08:21 PM »
To those who say they won't go for whatever reason don't discredit the value of LCMP even if you don't go.

Personally I am looking forward to the LCMP crowd returning to LCMP rather than the other '4wd parks'. I know of one that was going to introduce increased charges such as a per camp levy for fire pit clean out as their new 'clientele' had seen a significant increase in rubbish thrown into fires necessitating fire pits/rings being cleaned out. Not suggesting all LCMP'ers are that way inclined but seems a large portion are.
2013 Nissan Patrol Y61
2015 Kimberley Karavan Eco Suite

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2016, 07:45:41 AM »
I think you will find it's the governments fault that the "clientele" has changed at this place.

When they introduced the new P plate laws, and the young bucks were no longer allowed to have V8's or turbo 6's to cruise Macca's on Saturday night, they all went out and bought jacked up s#!tbox Hiluxes, a carton of bourbon, and then invaded LCMP.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Fathom

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2016, 05:56:19 PM »

When they introduced the new P plate laws, and the young bucks were no longer allowed to have V8's or turbo 6's to cruise Macca's on Saturday night, they all went out and bought jacked up s#!tbox Hiluxes, a carton of bourbon, and then invaded LCMP.

Ooh that's sad cause it's true.
Always give 100%... Unless you are giving blood.. then it may not go so well...

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2022, 10:56:46 AM »
Anyone been there recently? Know whats going on?

Google reviews has 1 week ago;

I can’t believe there is no tracks open to 4WDriving anymore. I’m totally devastated and will never return unless they are open again.
One of the best places to learn and test your skills on the tracks has been taken away.
Please reconsider opening the tracks up at least every now and again.
You could have special days just for 4WDriving surely !!!

Stalkerbook says: (although having relooked, the flog saying this has posted the exact same thing about 10 times)

Apparently the new owners tree hugging 4 wheel drive hating plant loving vegans say its all about the carbon credits they get so we know who they support hopefully your new age farmer crap ends up costing so much you will have to sell your tree hugging carbon credit wast of time to someone who actually cears about other people
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:58:36 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2022, 01:36:58 PM »
If you are on FB, cruiser park has its own page and all this was explained by the new owners. Yes Alben and Helen sold it, I believe, to another cocky who is going to restock it. All 4wd tracks were closed forthwith, however they are open to camping. They have stated they have no intention of having people 4wding there in the future.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2022, 02:56:50 PM »
If you are on FB, cruiser park has its own page and all this was explained by the new owners. Yes Alben and Helen sold it, I believe, to another cocky who is going to restock it. All 4wd tracks were closed forthwith, however they are open to camping. They have stated they have no intention of having people 4wding there in the future.

It'll make the Kilcoy-Murgon Road safer to drive on!  :D
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2022, 03:23:25 PM »
It'll make the Kilcoy-Murgon Road safer to drive on!  :D

Without a doubt. I’ve been rounded up on the gravel a few times by people driving like they are in timed events.