Author Topic: Pioneer Mitchell - anyone seen one?  (Read 9628 times)

Offline Julian Kaye

• Tent User
Re: Pioneer Mitchell - anyone seen one?
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 12:05:53 PM »
People are naturally sticky-beaks, and lots of people want a tour of my camper just as I sometimes sticky beak on other peoples set-ups, mainly looking to steal good ideas :angel:

As for set-up times: yeah, those Grey Nomads in their Winnebagos frequently poke fun at the wife I and setting up our van as they get stuck into their Happy Hour. Sometimes they even call out the minutes, or number of beers sunk >:(

But who here hasn't "got competitive" getting their camper up or down quickly under the watchful, ever judgmental eyes of other campers with a knowing look that their choice of camper, is better than yours! ;D

That Mitchell I saw out bush, took him 25 minutes to get it to its basic set-up :D

I don't want to steal the point of the original post but I think it's relevant. Of the six people who asked to see the Lifestyle hybrid, four owned T-Vans and the other two had Kimberley Rear Folds. All essentially said the same thing, ie; their campers were absolutely top shelf products but they didn't provide the level of comfort or convenience that they were now looking for, particularly for mid-winter camping.

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Pioneer Mitchell - anyone seen one?
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 01:31:40 PM »
I don't want to steal the point of the original post but I think it's relevant. Of the six people who asked to see the Lifestyle hybrid, four owned T-Vans and the other two had Kimberley Rear Folds. All essentially said the same thing, ie; their campers were absolutely top shelf products but they didn't provide the level of comfort or convenience that they were now looking for, particularly for mid-winter camping

and I think that's the key.

"...that they were now looking for..."

Right now... I'm happy with the half an 80... (mainly because of finances) With some spare $$$, I'd happily have a used Tvan. For what we want to do... it will/would suit the wife and I perfectly.

Fast forward a couple of years... as we both get older, have longer stops in one (more remote) place... who knows... I might be shopping for a more "self contained" hybrid.

Can't see myself as the caravan type though... but who know.

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=58855.msg1064705#msg1064705
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.