Author Topic: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last  (Read 68840 times)

Offline Elky

• Tent User
Re: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »
A close mate has been run around at the large arb near sandgate last 2 weeks, they stuffed his order up a few times, he was promised his ome kit 2 weeks ago, he got the fronts but the rears only arrived today.....and he told me of 2 other unhappy customers while he was there, at least he got the springs, we are leaving for the cape on Thursday!
2010 TTD Landcruiser, i have added stuff but can't remember what! Slowly gettin quicker at setting up the brumby but breaking camp is another matter....

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 10:40:25 PM »
Gee Daz, thats a bit harsh calling him a sulk, far more sooking going on in the Rant section.

Yeah I've had a couple of similar experiences with ARB in Newcastle and Canberra. On both occasions i went down the path mentioned by D4D and left the better part of happy. I do agree your experience doesn't represent positive customer service, it certainly wouldn't have hurt them to give you a courtesy call! But as has been mentioned there stuff sells itself anyway.

Cheers,

Disco teddy

Is that the Fyshwick store you refer as Canberra ARB DT?  i found them to have fairly ordinary customer service.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »
Is that the Fyshwick store you refer as Canberra ARB DT?  i found them to have fairly ordinary customer service.

That's the one mate, pretty hit and mis there in my experience . Long drive from the mountains for you!

Cheers

Disco teddy

2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »
Sorry Rags but they would be double the price if they sold more bull bars. 
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
I have a black powder coated Deluxe bar and the coating has gone all powdery and has surface rust on most of the welds and looks like crap.. it started going that way after only 6 mths of use it is now 2 years old..

A work colleague has a cheap Chinese one on his Ranger and it still looks like brand new after 1.5 years, but I still believe my ARB one is much stronger than his..
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline cruiser 91

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »
I've never had a problem with ARB or their products, but I only deal with the Morphett Vale SA branch, they give great service and it's not the first time of heard of complaints with ARB in other branches. I guess it's all down to the team in each branch you have to deal with.
My mate prefers TJM because they are cheaper and closer to his residents, having said that he has had quite a few problems with their products but has had them soughted out with either a replacement or refund. 

As far as higher priced items, regardless who you go with, no one holds stock on hand any more and 9 times out of 10 these items are first made when ordered. It's the way things are now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:16:17 AM by cruiser 91 »
Hell's Gate, Worlds End, South Australia.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 11:34:39 AM »

As far as higher priced items, regardless who you go with, no one holds stock on hand any more and 9 times out of 10 these items are first made when ordered. It's the way things are now.
might depend on the vehicle you have...when I enquired about wait time on a ARB bullbar at the caravan and camping show 2 weekends ago for a 79 series, the fella checked his computer and told me they have 10 in stock currently.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

scarpsD40

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
While everyone is entitled to express their opinion and past experience, I think ARB is an exceptional organisation with a professional team that strive for customer service excellence. I'm sure there's many other aftermarket suppliers that dream about being as good as ARB, with the product range and service support unequaled by many.

I also believe Tony Abbot and Julia Gillard are and have been the best Prime Ministers to date, and that my local greengrocer sells the most amazing mushrooms I've ever tasted.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
While everyone is entitled to express their opinion and past experience, I think ARB is an exceptional organisation with a professional team that strive for customer service excellence. I'm sure there's many other aftermarket suppliers that dream about being as good as ARB, with the product range and service support unequaled by many.

I also believe Tony Abbot and Julia Gillard are and have been the best Prime Ministers to date, and that my local greengrocer sells the most amazing mushrooms I've ever tasted.
were those mushrooms of the magic variety and are you consuming them now
Cheers

Justin

Offline cruiser 91

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
were those mushrooms of the magic variety and are you consuming them now

If so, then don't be shy and pass them around........................god knows............. I could eat some myself with the Shitty day I'm currently having.
Hell's Gate, Worlds End, South Australia.

Offline Artie01

• Tent User
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »
I have a black powder coated Deluxe bar and the coating has gone all powdery and has surface rust on most of the welds and looks like crap.. it started going that way after only 6 mths of use it is now 2 years old..

A work colleague has a cheap Chinese one on his Ranger and it still looks like brand new after 1.5 years, but I still believe my ARB one is much stronger than his..

A coupe\le of years ago, I was being taken on a tour of Thailands Hemmorat industrial estate, a huge complex that keeps major industry away from land that they don't want contaminated etc.... I was very surprised to drive past ARB's manufacturing plant....

Just sayin... your mates chinese bar may not have been made too far from the RB one....  :cheers:

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Re: Not the first stuff around from ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
but $2300+ for a bullbar these days??? WTF?
I am hearing you, that is a lot of coin for a bullbar.

KingBilly

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
A coupe\le of years ago, I was being taken on a tour of Thailands Hemmorat industrial estate, a huge complex that keeps major industry away from land that they don't want contaminated etc.... I was very surprised to drive past ARB's manufacturing plant....

Just sayin... your mates chinese bar may not have been made too far from the RB one....  :cheers:

It is well known ARB manufacture in Thailand.  ARB openly admit it.

But I personally think that there is a huge difference between manufacturing an Australian designed and engineered product in a company owned and managed off-shore factory, with company controlled quality assurance, compared to importing a third party manufactured product from an overseas factory which is not company owned or managed or quality assured but is simply supplying a product based purely upon lowest cost.

Just saying ..........

KB
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:43:45 PM by KingBilly »

Offline ScottT

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Random acts of kindness without expectations
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:36 PM »
It is well known ARB manufacture in Thailand.  ARB openly admit it.

But I personally think that there is a huge difference between manufacturing an Australian designed and engineered product in a company owned and managed off-shore factory, with company controlled quality assurance, compared to importing a third party manufactured product from an overseas factory which is not company owned or managed or quality assured but is simply supplying a product based purely upon lowest cost.

Just saying ..........

KB

Agreed, just look at Mercedes as an example
2005 Toyota Prado 1KZ 120 Series
2008 Customline 12ft Deluxe Off Road

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Not the first stuff around from ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »
I am hearing you, that is a lot of coin for a bullbar.
... and made cheaper in Thailand
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2015, 03:53:42 PM »
Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant...

BTW ARB deluxe bars are made in Kilsyth VIC AU...
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »

my 2 cents + GST.

Oldmates comment on GST....=  Grab
                                                                              Snatch &
                                                                               Take

Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2015, 05:27:37 PM »
Come on guys go easy on ARB, I've got ARB shares that I purchased at listing in late 80's to consider! don't want the value to go down [$13.87 today] might need the money to retire one day.

time to  ... SELL, SELL, SELL, them me thinks!

A close mate has been run around at the large arb near sandgate last 2 weeks, they stuffed his order up a few times, he was promised his ome kit 2 weeks ago, he got the fronts but the rears only arrived today.....and he told me of 2 other unhappy customers while he was there,

is there a facebook hate site for ARB  ..(yet)?

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

scarpsD40

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2015, 05:55:35 PM »

time to  ... SELL, SELL, SELL, them me thinks!

is there a facebook hate site for ARB  ..(yet)?
I was blocked from their FB site apparently because they didn't think my positive reinforcement of their product and service was genuine.......go figure

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »
I was blocked from their FB site apparently because they didn't think my positive reinforcement of their product and service was genuine.......go figure
it was because of the jeep ;D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline DarWen

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2015, 07:56:56 PM »
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:00:28 PM by DarWen »

Offline Diesel Power

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 08:18:08 PM »
Well, I have never had an issue with my local ARB dealer.
The local Toyota monkeys, that's another story.
Regards
Angus.
Work - dedicated or medicated?

1999 HZJ105 GXL Auto Fully kitted. SOLD.
2008 VDJ200 GXL Auto.
2007 Custom built soft floor. SOLD.
2015 Kimberley Karavan Classic. SOLD.
2012 Kimberley Kamper Limited Edition.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »
Me neither, never been to arb :-)
Cheers

Justin

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2015, 08:00:40 AM »
Last year I swapped my genuine alloy Toyota bar for a steel Chinese copy winch bar which cost me $300 from 4WD superstore as it was a factory second. At first I was a bit sceptical, but after inspecting the bar there is no doubt it’s a very good ARB copy.

One of my mates does all the quotes for a smash repair company and even he commented that if I a customer came in with that bar, then he would replace it with a genuine ARB bar as that is where he presumed it came from.

When fitting the winch we needed to drill another hole in the cradle and I can tell you there is nothing soft about the steel they used, so for me personally I’m happy with my $300.

While some may say it was made in China so it’s no good, I guarantee my previous genuine alloy Toyota bar was made in China by a company who submitted the lowest quote.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:27 AM »
I guarantee my previous genuine alloy Toyota bar was made in China by a company who submitted the lowest quote.

Typically TMCA sourced these in AU from Bocar before they went bust. I believe Bocar have since phoenixed and are now making ute trays.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado